1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. bosiemoncrieff
    It's definitely the most exotic thing I own. Though on the show floor, the experience will be even less illuminating than the (low) average.

2. third_eye Moderator
    Exhibitor Update: 64 Audio, Acoustic Research, The Source AV, THX, and Wells Audio added to exhibitor list! 

3. DecentLevi
    Hello guys, I just booked my room near the event, and didn't even have to break $50 / night with Air B&B. There's still more private rooms available and even hostel beds nearby for less. If you look at the places along W. Olympic Blvd. you can just take a direct bus on the same street to the event.

Also I will have the new Euforia tube amp from a Polish botique amp company called Feliks Audio by the time of the meet - the predecessor to the Elise based on the concept of improving fidelity from better quality internal parts (silver wiring, gold pins, upgraded capacitors, beefier transformer, etc.). I am extremely interested to bring it to showcase its' prowess and try out headphone pairings I've been dying to dry with it - however as you may know there will be no member showcases. So what I'm asking is for one of the vendors to please reach out to me so I may place this fine gem of an amp on your desk. This way you can have a fine quality amp to showcase your headphones (said to drive 20 - 600 ohm great), and I can have a place to put my Euforia! Any interested vendor, please PM me.

P1000812.jpg

You can read more here:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/831743/feliks-audio-euforia-a-wolf-in-sheeps-clothing

Stillhart likes this.
  4. bosiemoncrieff
    The best coffee in the vicinity is probably going to be Verve Coffee - DTLA, 833 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90014. It's a leisurely 18-minute walk from the hotel, and will provide you with a full complement of coffee beverages, plus an excellent "bowl of soul" with black, chamomile, or peppermint tea in steamed soy milk, honey, and dusted with cocoa. I get it almost daily in San Francisco—it's truly excellent. Their lattes are excellent, and they offer a variety of extremely rare coffees, including one that is so rare (the beans so difficult to acquire, and of such a poor yield) that they charge $12 a cup. I found this over-pricing ridiculous until I tried it, and while I won't get it more than once or twice a year, it's quite the experience.

Blue Bottle is an even more relaxing 30 minute walk from the hotel at 300 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013, and is a bit more prestigious, even as I find it a half turn more corporate by comparison. Verve's Santa Cruz roots, where we keep a weekend home, lend it an indelible charm that Blue Bottle will never quite achieve. I'm reminded of Charles Osborne's remark about La Clemenza di Tito, Mozart's late ​opera seria. He said that however much he might respect the score, that respect would never ripen into the affection he had for Zauberflöte or the Da Ponte trilogy. 

5. third_eye Moderator
    Astell&Kern added to exhibitor list!

6. third_eye Moderator
    V-Moda and Surf Cables added to exhibitor list!

7. darveniza
    From CanJam NY Unique Melody was one of the exhibitors does anyone know if they will be represented in the West

8. third_eye Moderator
    Brüel & Kjær added to exhibitor list!

9. third_eye Moderator
    Blue added to exhibitor list!

10. third_eye Moderator
    SC17_Head-Fi_Header_TSHIRTS_103016.png

Hey everyone, it's T-SHIRT TIME! [​IMG]

CanJam_shirt_front_030217.jpg
    CanJam_shirt_back_030317.jpg

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, the size you want, and how many of that size you want - all separated by pipes. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye|L|3
    third_eye|S|1

T-Shirts are $30 each, and will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for T-Shirt orders is Friday, March 24. As a reminder, CanJam SoCal volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them.

11. Stillhart
    Subbing to this thread.  I'm not 100% finalized yet, but doing my best to make it down to Socal for my third year in a row!

12. third_eye Moderator
    CanJam SoCal 2017 Volunteers
    In addition to our official CanJam Event Staff, we will be looking for several volunteers to help us out at the Registration Desk during the show. You will need to be able to commit to a half-day (4 hours) on either Saturday or Sunday. CanJam Volunteers will receive a free weekend pass along with a CanJam SoCal 2017 T-Shirt. If interested, please send me a PM.
    [​IMG] 

13. LoryWiv
    LoryWiv|XL|1

14. LAcruisin

I could do a shift on either day. Size M t-shirt.

15. servantsaber
    servantsaber|M|2

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.