CanJam Singapore 2024 Impressions Thread (April 6-7, 2024)
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #31 of 205
A reminder that we have presentations going on too held in Ocean 6 on the 2nd floor.

IMG_9161.jpeg

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #32 of 205
Cayin has brought a number of new products to Canjam Singapore, please check them out at booth F11-F14.

The i-Series triple stack:
iDAP-8: Android based Streamer/Digital Transport
iDAC-8: Dual Timbre DAC
IHA-8:High power High Current Headphone Amp

The HA-2A compact transformer coupled vacuum tune headphone amplifier

The N3Ultra DAP with Vacuum Tube timbre

1000156811.jpg
1000156799.jpg

1000156801.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #33 of 205
Public Service Announcement

The first day of CanJam Singapore 2024 is now half over. :open_mouth: Time can go by so fast. If you still have outstanding items on your audition lists, it might be time to prioritize them? :slight_smile:

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #34 of 205
Apr 6, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #36 of 205
Will be leaving my Day 1 impression here.

First stop for P/P
0E2A3617.jpeg

They were showcasing Final Audio and Stax

0E2A3602.jpeg

Final audio D7000
Good clarity and dynamics. Bass impact is really good. Though the bass texture it feels not really refined. Mids are good and clear. The mid highs has some sibilance for me. The highs are very crisp and relatively detailed.Overall fun to listen.

0E2A3607.jpeg

Stax X9000 with T8000 amp
As much clarity as the environment can give. Generally neutral bright tone. Bass is punchy and clean. Sub bass is pretty good for a electro static. Mids and highs are great. Vocals for females are really nice and extended. Quite minimal in sibilance while highs are still quite extended. Sound stage is big. The headphone is fully open and need more test in the future. This is my second best headphone listening experience in terms of sound for canjam

0E2A3609.jpeg

Stax SR-001 & D10II
Version 2 amplifier. Surprisingly good. I enjoyed the mid renders for voice. Bass is not the hardest hitting. Highs are really nice with good details. Low glare and sibilance makes it enjoyable even at higher volumes. Light and smooth for females vocals. Really hard to wear and keep on the ear. There is suppose to be some hook or band for it but was not on display.

0E2A3611.jpeg

Stax X1 with D10II amp
This is still in final stages of refinement I believe. Really good mids and high. Bass alittle low in terms of quantity and impact. Very clear and detailed. Not much sibilance. Alittle high in treble energy and may fatiqgue some. Smooth female vocals with good extension and air. Overall very enjoyable listen if not into bass. Sound stage also not quite big compared to its bigger x9000 brother. Turning the head causes weird distortion like the diagram being pushed by air so need keep still while listening. Very light and easy to wear.

0E2A3614.jpeg

Final audio a3000
This is actually more enjoyable then a8000. It doesn’t give as much of a weird radio like tone with good clarity. Bass is not as much as some of the preferred sound signature today like u12t but definitely a decent listen for a different render. Also the mid highs are very pleasent, won’t be fatiguing to listen.

0E2A3620.jpeg

Kotori audio dauntless
A treble focus iem. High in clarity. Not too sibilant but way too much treble energy for me. For people who likes it though for that analytic high clarity sound. I’m not really into this honestly.

Continuing on the adventure!

0E2A3612.jpg

There’s something about the mids that didn’t quite sit well with me. It sounds very radio like tone.

0E2A3621.jpg

Kotori audio zephyr
This is the inbetween for the IEMs at Kotori Audio Booth. Alittle low on bass but great for vocal only songs. Generally if you into female vocals heavy sound will probably be nice.

0E2A3623.jpg

Raal immanis
It sounds like the previous RAAL but with more body and thicker mids. Quite different. I think it's extremely balance and I love it really. In the show, this is probably my most favourite sound. It also needs less power, my m17 can run it. According to RAAL, it only needs 1/4 the power of previous ribbon headphones.

0E2A3625.jpg

RAAL Magna
It feels like a lighter and brighter version of the immanis. It maybe due to the amp too. This sounds closer to the CA-1A I have. Bass has good impact and treble has great extension. The headphone does have a little more sibilance then what I remember off my CA-1A. In terms of sound, I prefer the Imanis little more as it sounds more "right" and is less aggressive.

0E2A3629.jpg

Subtonic Storm
Open sound, very clear and neutral sounding mids. Bass is good textured and punchy but not the most in quantity. Highs are nicely extended, smooth and surprisingly low in fatigue. There are more exciting headphones but the subtonic storm is nicely balanced. Compared to the U12T, it has treble that I feel is more balanced and realistic, a larger sound stage but less bass energy. The u12t to me sound like a great iem while the Subtonic felt more headphone like sounding. This thing requires some decent amp to run else may sound abit thin.

0E2A3634.jpg

Running it on wireless, the Ifi Go Pod is just powerful enough for a mid volume level listener. For loud listener, wireless is probably not possible for the Storm.

0E2A3636.jpg

ZMF Caldera Close
On Enleum HPA-23RM: very warm and thick sounding mids with good base. Details don’t feel that great and the tonality has like some sort of a snuffling like sound. It doesn't work on the Enleum.
On Fiio M17: Less warm and thick. The sound signature feels more balanced. Bass lacks impact and quantity but there’s some some subtle bass. Mid and highs are well extended. Clarity is good. Alittle sibilance for female vocals. Highs are sparkly and bright. Just a little too much high for me. On general, I prefer the Caldera Open.

ZMF Bokeh Open
On Enleum HPA-23RM: some elavated mid highs. But doesn’t sound sibilant. Bass impact is clean but lacks quantity. I like the vocals for female, alittle light, smooth and extended feelings. It’s relatively exciting sounding but sound stage is alittle small for an open can. Alittle lower mids focus with more body sounding.
On Fiio M17: alittle more balance but things felt even more closed in together. Bass quantity is still on the lower side though impacts are clean. Tonality wise on the neutral side. An overall neutral, balance sounding headphone.
Overall I may prefer the Bokeh Close for that warmer sound with abit more bass.

0E2A3643.jpg

Thieaudio monarch 2
Very strong bass with clean impact. Maybe overpowering to some. Mids and high are really clear. Decent soundstage for a IEM. Treble is pretty much just nice . It feels like a cleaner version of variation. A touch of sibilance for me but it’s in the acceptable region. V shape sounding with slight pushed back in mids. A touch on the warm side with good amount of body to the sound .

0E2A3639.jpg

Theiaudio Monarch 3
Less bassy than the Monarch 2 with an airier mids and a slightly more open mids. The difference between 2 and 3 is mainly in the bass and mids being more neutral and with a slightly more open sound. Very little if any sibilance. I like this more overall compared to the Monarch 2 for the more balance sound

0E2A3647.jpg

Was told this is a Dune Prototype Headphone
It’s actually a very pleasant headphone. Limited listening as it’s in the main hall. Overall sound is a little more emphasis in the treble. Relatively open sounding with a lot of details. Not for people who can’t take sibilance or treble else quite enjoyable .

0E2A3648.jpg

Aroma Audio Fei Wan
Very punchy. Very clean bass. Extended treble with slight emphasis. Powerful sounding mids. Alittle warm with body type of sound for mids. Mid size sound stage and overall very enjoyable. I do think this is better than Subtonic Storm for me.

0E2A3655.jpg

Tang Zu Xuan Wu Gate
Generally pleasant sound with bass that’s good impact yet not too much, really nice mids and good amount of highs. Alittle sibilant but overall the signature is for people who want alittle more treble energy and alittle less bass in their listening experience yet not deviating too much from the common tunings of today.

0E2A3651.jpg

7hz aurora
A very fun sounding iem. The only one I ordered unplanned. It has a bright yet really bassy tuning. Very high in clarity, large soundstage and airy in female vocals, but still slams hard. Really interesting of a IEM and worth trying. I bought the first copy at Canjam itself!

IMG_2964 copy.jpg

0E2A3632.jpg

The two things I purchased! ZMF bokeh closed limba and 7hz Aurora

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #37 of 205
The Lotoo CanJam announcement looks to be some kind of streaming dongle. But is there any info/news/rumours on the far more exciting 25th anniversary Paw Gold non-touch?

Edit - to clarify, rumors circulating the Lotoo anniversary edition of the Paw Gold itself, which may or may not coincidence with the above announcement, which is a different anniversary....

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #38 of 205
A reminder that we have presentations going on too held in Ocean 6 on the 2nd floor.

IMG_9161.jpeg

Would have loved to attend this presentation in person.

It's one thing for an audiophile like me to speak of such things. But another for industry representatives to educate the public in regards to this matter.

It's a shame such "myths" have been propagated by mainstream reviewers. But hopefully more people will come to light with the help of these presentations.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #39 of 205
Water cooler gang, happy to meet everyone. Guys I am noting down the thoughts of the products that I am listening to, but I am just too tired to post right now 🤣 will post once I reach back home with proper internet or maybe on monday when I have a rest day here in SG. So far two IEM's have been the underdogs here:-
Icelab Primastica(AVOne Booth)
Eminent Ears Ruby 😍
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-06 at 10.51.15 PM.jpeg

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #40 of 205
I hope someone tried the Softears Enigma! I'm also curious about the price range.

GJ2a8RlbEAAzE31.jpg
It's on my to try list tomorrow. I tried the Turii Ti for the first time today, been a fan of the Twilight, I am literally sold on the Turii Ti, exceptional level of technicalities and crazy good details. A bit bright, but nothing that hurts me. So tomorrow Enigma is on the hitlist along with some Rhapsodio stuff.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #41 of 205
1000196081.jpg

To sum up in one sentence: Insane sound quality!

Could be the most clean and transparent sounding headphone I ever heard (and I heard basically all TOTL out there). Even better thing, Immanis provide the fullest body notes compared to other Raal products (with smoother treble as well).

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #42 of 205
1000196081.jpg

To sum up in one sentence: Insane sound quality!

Could be the most clean and transparent sounding headphone I ever heard (and I heard basically all TOTL out there). Even better thing, Immanis provide the fullest body notes compared to other Raal products (with smoother treble as well).
Totally agree with you on that. It's big wide yet full bodied to me. All the while taking significantly less power.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #45 of 205
C'mon guys! I think last year we ended up with 27 or so pages. Is there really nothing of interest??

drftr
A lot less written after NYC too compared to last year. Hope to read a lot more impressions soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back