CanJam NYC 2017 Impressions Thread!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #181 of 323
  It's a bit ironic that the only critical listening you can do at can jam is to noise cancelling headphones.

Or headphones that isolate very well like closed cans and IEM's.  Also headphones that have a private room like the HE1.  Also headphones that other members bring along and let you listen to off the show floor.  

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #182 of 323
  I would love to hear more opinions on this as well. especially if there's any comparasions to the campfire iems. from all the comments so far, sounds like this might be my next iem to pick up when available.

I tried the ME1... Lawrence did warn me that my Mojo might not be enough to drive them, and perhaps he was right. They sounded extremely cramped and flat to me. But that might not be a fair assessment since I didn't try them with another source.

That, on top of me being too excited and try out the Campfire Vega that I bought. They have transformed my music experience. Can't recommend them enough.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #183 of 323
  Just would like to say thank you to everyone who stopped by the Schiit stand, i really had fun speaking to you all and it's not true what they say about New Yorkers!! (only joking). If you are coming to Canjam London it would be great to meet up again, also it is nice and warm here only 48?

I was really impressed with Schiit products and the prices offered for them.  Really excited to see this company and try them out.  They sounded as crisp as they looked....   This Schiit's on my wishlist now.

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #184 of 323

IMHO, the Elear isn't resolving enough to show off what the DAVE can do.  If you get another opportunity at some point, you might try a more resolving can.

I know that ,but that was the phone hooked up to it at the time, I need to do a home audition with my own gear at some point. This is a meet impression. 

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #185 of 323
IMHO, the Elear isn't resolving enough to show off what the DAVE can do.  If you get another opportunity at some point, you might try a more resolving can.
Listening to the Dave with the Empire Ears Zeus-XR ADEL was amazing.

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #186 of 323
Great posts of your experiences and impressions of the gear.  Thanks, all.
What I'm missing is more pics of the people.  Think I saw @ESL-1 on the first page...am I right?

Enjoy your music!
RCB

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #189 of 323
  any impressions of the triple driver full size prototype of 1more?

I was expecting something decent but ended up listening to something excellent. I wonder what the release date is?

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #190 of 323
I was expecting something decent but ended up listening to something excellent. I wonder what the release date is?
Well I missed this one. What is that my friend?

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #191 of 323

They said it was their "studio" headphone and inspired and//or(?) designed for a luxury sports car brand. They were incredibly well made, with a cool window into them.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #192 of 323
  You made a good choice. Those headphones we're soooo comfortable. You placed them on you're head and they disappeared for me. 
Utopia > LCD-4

Hehe, got tons of stuff to unpack but once I get settled back in I'm totally going to play with the two again :D

Thanks for the quick reply, I PMed you with all the details but also heard from the dealer, looks like I'm getting a unit with the new wheel, yay! I had my eye on the QP1R for a long time, I hesitated because of the reports of issues with the scroll wheel, but I decided to order anyway last weekend because I was having increasing issues with my current iBasso DX90.

Glad it all worked out! 

any impressions of the triple driver full size prototype of 1more?

Heard it briefly at NAMM two weeks ago but the booth was in the drums section so it became hard to even hear myself think! Didn't find anything offensive with the sound signature. Wanted to hear it again at CanJam in a quieter environment but didn't get a chance. Got a 1more quad driver iem for the show and I think people really loved it with the QP1R and I used it when I walked around NYC. Would love to get my hands on that triple driver headphone, it looks so cool and reminds me of rims up close lol!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 7, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #194 of 323
True, it's hard to listen critically in the noisy show environment, but it's still fun to check all the stuff I haven't seen out.

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #195 of 323
The noise level discussion is a common topic from every CanJam thread or even at some bigger meets now. My take on it from going to meets and CanJams and events for a few years is that even if you can't a CanJam to emulate you're real life home setup then try take note of things you have a good interest then if you are really considering it, see if a possible dealer near you has it so you can demo in their shop.

Otherwise CanJam's are such a social event that I love them for the ability to connect with so many different members of the community. I've been posting on Head-Fi for years now and I have made some great friends on here and then attending an event I could be talking to someone I've talked to a million times and not realize until I read their name tag. We all love the audio gear but what does make Head-fi great is the community. The community made me fall in love with audio and audio helps me make new friends. The first few meets I went to I was pretty timid and didn't know anyone but through the years Head-fi has really helped me to come out of my shell. Be social, talk to guy or gal sitting next to you about the headphones they are wearing, talk to the guys behind the table as there is a strong chance they are an audiophile as well!

NAMM was probably without a doubt the loudest event I have attended with folks playing actual instruments right next to you and that really is a struggle to hear. CanJam is honestly not that loud, sure it certainly isn't dead quiet but most IEMs and closed backs isolate decently enough. 

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back