CanJam NYC 2017 Impressions Thread!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #166 of 323

I agree about the Aeon pairing, in my case with the Hugo original. It was the one headphone I listened to at CanJam that I knew I had to get. The mids were stellar, the bass was tight, and the comfort was amazing relative to its compactness. April can't come soon enough, hehe.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #167 of 323

I placed an order for the Utopia today, so should be able to tell you soon. 
smily_headphones1.gif

A lot of the vendors (Woo, Questyle, Chord) had them at their demo stations, and they really are something special.  Even in the noisy showroom it felt more like listening to speakers than headphones.  Very comfy too.  I like them enough to be willing to delay my target retirement date by a couple of months. 
blink.gif

You made a good choice. Those headphones we're soooo comfortable. You placed them on you're head and they disappeared for me. 
Ahh yes! I remember! I checked the computer after you left and it looks like someone may have hit the volume slider in Jriver when trying to press play,the software was running on half volume so that may have been what was up with the lcd-4. These events I love so much since I end up needing out over gear and end up talking about so much of the gear.

Utopia > LCD-4

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #168 of 323
any more feedback about unique melody me1 plannar iem, what sound signature does it have

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #169 of 323
  Well, I'm pretty new to the audiophile world and made a last minute decision to stop by yesterday as I live a two hour bus ride away and didn't really have anything planned for the day. Went in looking for a set of IEM's and walked away with the 1More triple drivers for $85. These things just sounded way too good for the amount they were asking, after trying IEM's from pretty much every table the only ones I liked better were several times the price. The packaging and accessories they come with is also pretty crazy, I felt like I had just dropped a grand on these while I was unboxing them. That alone was worth the trip.

I also took the opportunity to try out several pairs of headphones. I think I have gotten too used to my hd 650's as many cans and IEM's that I tried just sounded a bit too harsh in the high's for me. The ones that really blew me away were the focal utopia and elear headphones. I had to walk away for fear of making some very poor financial decisions. I also got to compare the 650's to the 800's and 800S from sennheiser and I really liked the extra detail that they brought out in the music. Also got to try the 650's with the schiit valhalla and really liked how they made them sound. Some of the hifiman's sounded really good as well. 

I'll probably stop by next year as well if the event happens again. Maybe by then I'll be ready for an upgrade.

Yep, the 1More Triples are the steal of the century.  Incredible IEMs.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #170 of 323
Can you pm the order details, there maybe a chance the qp1r will ship with the new wheel. But I can try to make arrangements to get a new batch qp1r for you.

Thanks for the quick reply, I PMed you with all the details but also heard from the dealer, looks like I'm getting a unit with the new wheel, yay! I had my eye on the QP1R for a long time, I hesitated because of the reports of issues with the scroll wheel, but I decided to order anyway last weekend because I was having increasing issues with my current iBasso DX90.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #172 of 323
  Xiaomi Pistons 2.1 @ $20 are brilliant.

Havent tried them, but If I understand correctly, Xiaomi used 1More to design the Pistons so that would make sense.

Anyway, here's a nice review of the Triples which directly compares them to the Pistons: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/1more-triple-driver-in-ear-headphones-review-e1001/

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #173 of 323
Great event,I expected no less from the organizers Job Well Done.

I had a mission  To talk to Vendors about attending the NY regional spring meet June 10th 2017 (link in my signature) & got a lot of interest.
I also Had my measurements done for the A16 which I ordered through the Kickstarter program.

Got to Hear The  Senn He1, Shangrli. & a bunch of others ,but mostly socialized with members.
 The one setup that surprised me was the Sony Zr1 system The system synergy was really Great.

I also wanted to hear the Chord Dave with all the hype around it,listened to it with Focal elear & was kind of disappointed

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #174 of 323

Ahh if we but had a cheque book the size of Sennheisers :)

We're you the guy that had his daughter sitting on his knee?

This was Saturday morning.  It might be but I was there only a short period of time unfortunately.  I think by then my daughter was tugging at my sleeve because she was hungry.  I ended up coming back in the afternoon but the table was mobbed at that time.  Hopefully you can come to the NY spring event so I can get another listen or at least try out some of your less expensive items!
wink_face.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #175 of 323
Just would like to say thank you to everyone who stopped by the Schiit stand, i really had fun speaking to you all and it's not true what they say about New Yorkers!! (only joking). If you are coming to Canjam London it would be great to meet up again, also it is nice and warm here only 48?

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #176 of 323
  Great event,I expected no less from the organizers Job Well Done.

I had a mission  To talk to Vendors about attending the NY regional spring meet June 10th 2017 (link in my signature) & got a lot of interest.
I also Had my measurements done for the A16 which I ordered through the Kickstarter program.

Got to Hear The  Senn He1, Shangrli. & a bunch of others ,but mostly socialized with members.
 The one setup that surprised me was the Sony Zr1 system The system synergy was really Great.

I also wanted to hear the Chord Dave with all the hype around it,listened to it with Focal elear & was kind of disappointed

IMHO, the Elear isn't resolving enough to show off what the DAVE can do.  If you get another opportunity at some point, you might try a more resolving can.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #177 of 323
Thanks to Ethan for making this great event possible. We had a great time. Thanks also to all of you who took time to visit us to experience GET at the Bluewave booth, it was a real pleasure to meet you guys. Didn't had much time to go around and try all those great products, but that's a good sign I guess.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #178 of 323
Great pictures, the pictures seem to catch the spirit of CanJam.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #179 of 323
It's a bit ironic that the only critical listening you can do at can jam is to noise cancelling headphones.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #180 of 323
  any more feedback about unique melody me1 plannar iem, what sound signature does it have

I would love to hear more opinions on this as well. especially if there's any comparasions to the campfire iems. from all the comments so far, sounds like this might be my next iem to pick up when available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back