CanJam LA Must-Hear Lists (What's on your list?)
May 8, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #17 of 57
Hey! Did you say Pico Slim ? The one with a DAC too? If yes, this will be AWESOME
smily_headphones1.gif

too bad i do not live in US
frown.gif
( i will love so much attending such a nice mega event

May 8, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #20 of 57
Personally, I just want to hear whatever I can. I want to hear a large variety of headphones/sources so I can get a general idea of how everything sounds.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #22 of 57
Oh, what the Hell...guess I should go!

1. Smyth System
2. HD 8's and PS1k's on anything (they are both on pre-order).
3. Todd and Pete's new tube affair
4. Adult Beverages
5. To meet and press the flesh with many a folk I've known thru emails and phone conversations.

May 8, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #23 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey! Did you say Pico Slim ? The one with a DAC too? If yes, this will be AWESOME
smily_headphones1.gif

too bad i do not live in US
frown.gif
( i will love so much attending such a nice mega event

I wasn't expecting or hoping for Vicki (boomana) to leak that here, since I have not mentioned it yet. One correction though, it is not 40% smaller than the Pico, it is 40% the size of the Pico. Slightly different. And it is an amp, not a DAC, and shares no parts or design with the existing Pico DAC/Amp but will extend the Pico as a brand name of portable products

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #24 of 57
Yes, in my humble opinion it is really unfortunate that the thread for the Sennheisser HD800 was given more precidence than memberships efforts to organize and develop CanJam2009. The HD800s only represent one company and one model of headphones, while Canjam2009 is our "world series" of all headphones, headphone amplifiers, cables, all things headphones. Why are so many people interested in one set of headphones and why did Headfi place sooo much emphasis on them. I am sure that if the HD800s are not the holy grail of headphones, which if they really were, the sound differential would only be of such a small differential that you could probably tweak your system in other ways to gain the same benefits and for a lot less money. The full effort and emphasis should have been placed on our CanJam2009. It seems that Sennhesier will not even be able to deliver a couple of sets of the HD800s for our beloved CanJam2009 Festival. How embarrassing is that! I for one am glad to be going to CanJam 2009 and I will bet that there will be many headphones there that will be just as good and probably better that the HD800s. The Hype for the Sennheiser HD800s is just Hype. If Sennheiser can't even deliver them to their prepaid customers, then how good could they possibly be. THE EMPHASIS SHOULD AND MUST BE PLACED ON OUR ANNUAL CANJAM FESTIVAL AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. NOW LETS HAVE SOME FUN AND PARTY ON! SCOTTSMRNYC

May 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #25 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't expecting or hoping for Vicki (boomana) to leak that here, since I have not mentioned it yet. One correction though, it is not 40% smaller than the Pico, it is 40% the size of the Pico. Slightly different. And it is an amp, not a DAC, and shares no parts or design with the existing Pico DAC/Amp but will extend the Pico as a brand name of portable products

Holy Moly!! This is just awesome !
L3000.gif

40% of the pico sounds [size=xx-small]tinyyyyyy[/size]
Wondering if it will have the same power ("juice") as Pico has ...

May 9, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #27 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steveo ranting and whining, while an aquired taste I miss the little guy

biggrin.gif
He is going to make it there, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't be there, but I really wanna hear:
Headphone:
Planar Magnetic Headphone - the world debut of a new planar magnetic headphone (Isodynamic design). I hope to see some impressions and photo's of these !!
ksc75smile.gif

Are these the ones from the 6moons thing awhile back? Who is the vendor? Is this a real deal? Info por favor.

May 9, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OOPS! Well if your gonna leak something it doesn't need to be correct...just generate a "buzz".....

Except I didn't know I was leaking anything. I thought it was sorta known. Oh well....wait, don't some people get paid for this sort of thing?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back