CanJam LA Must-Hear Lists (What's on your list?)
May 13, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mikeymad - what, from your amazing stash, will be there?

Okay, I just need to know.. is this about equipment or whisky.... ???
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers,

May 13, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I just need to know.. is this about equipment or whisky.... ???
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers,

I was thinking about equipment, but I do know that members of the travel team have put together an alternate gear list of very fine whiskeys. If your booze stash is anything like your audio collection, your contributions will be most welcome.

May 13, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If someone puts it together. These are all run by the members, not by any formal process.

And just to throw some props out to this year's organizing committee, these events take months of planning, coordinating with vendors, members, hotel folks, insurance folks, and putting together budgets and payment options, getting logos, t-shirts, guest speakers, etc and on and on, and the members are doing it on their own time (yes, they all have day jobs) for no payment and very little thanks. Anyone's who's going to CanJam this year needs to seriously buy jp11801 and the LA crew some drinks and dinner.

May 14, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[*]HeadRoom Ultra DAC / Balanced Ultra Desktop Amp / HD800 combination. With the ESS Technologies ES9008 DAC as implemented by HeadRoom, I'm expecting great things. As for the Balanced Ultra Desktop Amp, HeadRoom's amps have always had strong synergy with the high-impedance Sennheiser headphones. I want to hear the latest generation flagship HeadRoom with the latest generation flagship Sennheiser.

Would love to hear your feedback on this combo as I am quite interested in it myself.

May 31, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #57 of 57
The headphones I'm pretty much interested in are the Grado hf-2, Grado ps-1000, and Sennheiser hd800.

It would be nice to try out the Ray Samuel Audio Raptor tube amp and the Woo Audio 6. Hopefully the hf-2 and Woo Audio amp will be to my liking and it'll help me decide whether I'd like to purchase them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back