CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #1,006 of 1,303
Top one has some iRiver H10 vibes going on. Loved that player. Still have one kickin' about but the hard drive died :frowning2:
It reminded me of these Creative ZEN Vision M's

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #1,010 of 1,303
I'm thinking of attending the London CanJam on Sunday 22nd July, but the online booking page says "Sales Ended", with no means of booking tickets (same for Saturday).
Have the tickets really sold out for this event?

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #1,011 of 1,303
I'm thinking of attending the London CanJam on Sunday 22nd July, but the online booking page says "Sales Ended", with no means of booking tickets (same for Saturday).
Have the tickets really sold out for this event?

The Eventbrite listing link has been fixed so you can either get tickets there or at the CanJam London page here: https://canjamglobal.com/shows/london-2018/

See you soon!

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #1,014 of 1,303
Disappointed that Sennhiesser don't feel it is worth attending London.
Are there any seminars this year?

Regarding Sennheiser: I can't speak for them, but I think it's safe to say they like to exhibit and support every CanJam they can -- this may be the first one (that I can think of) where they did not. I believe there may have been some changes in roles at the company that made this particular event difficult for them to staff and support properly.

As for the seminars, here's a post about them:

Guys, here's the CanJam London Seminar info:

CanJam London 2018 Seminars

Come join us in Plaza 12-13 on the Plaza Suites Level just above the Westminster Ballroom for a series of interactive discussion panels with some of the industry’s leading experts in audio technology. Always entertaining, extremely engaging, and very informative, these seminars give you a behind the scenes look at the headphone audio industry like nothing else. Space is limited so be sure to arrive early to get your seat!

Saturday, July 21
1pm-2pm Chord Electronics New Product Launch (Rob Watts)

Join Rob Watts and Chord Electronics for the launch of a new product at CanJam London 2018 followed by a technical discussion.

3pm-4pm The Head-Fi Measurement Lab (Jude Mansilla)
Over three years ago, Head-Fi began building what is, today, one of the world’s most advanced personal audio measurement labs. Join Jude Mansilla of Head-Fi.org, as we discuss our ever-evolving measurement systems (with instruments by Audio Precision, GRAS, and Herzan), how various audio measurements are performed, key audio measurement challenges, and why measurements do (and sometimes do not) matter.

Sunday, July 22
1pm-2pm Hugo TT 2 Technical Seminar (Rob Watts)

The new Chord Electronics Hugo TT2 is much more than a desktop version of the portable Hugo 2. Rob Watts will be talking about the new design and technologies behind the Chord Electronics Hugo TT 2, how it differs from its portable sibling, including a presentation of the Hugo TT 2’s measured performance.

Also, FiiO will be hosting a Launch Event and Technical Presentation at CanJam London on Saturday, July 21 from 12:30pm-1pm. You can find out more information about that in this post (link).

See you soon, @krismusic!

Also, my apologies to everyone. We're a couple of days behind on the CanJam London Preview Video. Some products and information arrived quite late -- and we also just ran behind. We hope to post it later today / tonight.

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #1,015 of 1,303
Also, my apologies to everyone. We're a couple of days behind on the CanJam London Preview Video. Some products and information arrived quite late -- and we also just ran behind. We hope to post it later today / tonight.
Jude - I am ALWAYS watching those religiously! Looking forward... Thanks for doing it for us. Extremely useful when I attend CanJam, but even those I cannot attend - still that video of yours is a great reference :wink:

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #1,016 of 1,303
Regarding Sennheiser: I can't speak for them, but I think it's safe to say they like to exhibit and support every CanJam they can -- this may be the first one (that I can think of) where they did not. I believe there may have been some changes in roles at the company that made this particular event difficult for them to staff and support properly.

Also, FiiO will be hosting a Launch Event and Technical Presentation at CanJam London on Saturday, July 21 from 12:30pm-1pm. You can find out more information about that in this post (link).

Thanks very much Jude. I will be attending on the Saturday. It would be great to see you.

Jul 17, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,018 of 1,303

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Chord Electronics, Benchmark, 64 Audio, AKG, Audeze, Abyss, Vision Ears, beyerdynamic, Dita, Shure, Jomo, Shanling, Campfire Audio, Final, and more will be showing a lot of new gear at CanJam London. Check out this preview of some of the new gear!

CanJam London 2018 takes place 21-22 July 2018, at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel in Central London.

CanJam London 2018 Preview Video - Head-Fi TV - produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

Jul 17, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,019 of 1,303

And also MrSpeaker Voce and Schiit's Lyr3 Multibit (thought i would help you out Jude as we know what you are like :wink: )

Jul 17, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #1,020 of 1,303
Cayin will demo TWO new DAPs at CanJam Lonond: the latest pre-production sample our new flagship N8 and the newly announced N5iiS, Cayin's UK dealer AdvancedMP3 will host the booth at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel on our behalf.

The N8 is a statement of Cayin's engineering and innovation in portable DAP. It has two unique features:
  • With a fully fitted Korg Nutube, it will enable users to switch between Vacuum Tube and Solid State amplification in the 3.5mm Single-end headphone output; and
  • Two output power configuration with the High Impedance High Output mode delivers close to 8 Vrms when driving a 300 Ohms headphone/earphone, making it one of the most powerful DAP in the market.
The N8 is scheduled to launch by end of August 2018, and this is the first time ever we demonstrate our pre-production flagship DAP at CanJam.

10112048.jpg

The N5iiS is a face-lifted version of the well-received N5ii, while we maintain the compact form factor, the N5iiS features numerous refinements including a new IPS screen, stainless steel chassis. and upgrade capacitors to further improve its audio performance. We have also upgaded the RAM of the player from 1GB to 2GB, and the internal memory from 32GB to 64GB. This will improved the overall user experience and enhanced our support to third party application. So on top of being an excellent music player with maximum 864 GB storage (2x400GB + 64GB) for your local music library, you can also download thousands of songs from your Tidal and Spotify playlist to N5iiS for offline listening.

10136778.jpg

While I can't attend this important event because of special family commitment, I'll love to hear your feedback after the show, so please share your impression either in the CanJam impression or in the N8 and N5ii/N5iiS official product thread. We'll be looking forwards to that.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back