CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #333 of 1,303
I will be bringing my Kingsound portable unit to try on the Voce.

Cool! When I tried it in Munich last year I was surprised at the quality of the experience.... Love to spend more time with it.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 14, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #335 of 1,303

CanJam NYC 2018
New York Marriott Marquis, Times Square
1535 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
USA

Saturday, February 17, 2018
11am to 7pm

Sunday, February 18, 2018

10am to 5pm

Show Passes (Click here to purchase)
Weekend Pass - $30
One Day Pass - $20

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we purchase tickets at the door or must they be purchased ahead of time?

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #337 of 1,303
Feb 14, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #338 of 1,303
Updated....

10067300.png

CanJam NYC 2018 Show Specials
Advanced
- Visit booth for a chance tro win an Advanced Alpha headphone. Raffle drawing will be held on Sunday at 3pm
AKG - 30%-60% discount on select headphones. Visit booth for more details
Beyerdynamic - Visit booth for a chance to win a pair of DT 240 PRO headphones
Caprice Audio - 20% off Mosaic WHT
Campfire Audio - Cascade: $699, Andromeda or Vega: $1000, Polaris or Lyra: $500
Cardas - 30% off A8 Ear Speaker
Clear Tune Monitors - We will be giving away a Vintage Series VS-4 on Saturday at 4pm. Registration is done via smartphone by visiting cleartunemonitors.com/giveaway filling in the details and taking a picture at our booth.
Comply - For every attendee that stops by our booth for a demo, we will be giving them a pair of Comply™ memory foam tips for their favorite set of earphones! So stop on by and we’ll provide you with the ultimate earphone upgrade, for free!
Danacable - 30% off retail for demo Danacable Lazuli headphone cables, power cords, and TruStream USB cables while supplies last
DUNU - Free balanced cable with every Falcon C purchase
Free pair of SpinFit's with booth visit
Euphony Audio - 10% off
Final Audio - Visit booth to enter a giveaway drawing for: Sonorous III, F7200, and F4100
HYLA - 15% off on select products
iFi Audio - Free Ear Buddy with purchase of micro iDSD Black Label ($549)
JBL - 10% discount on JBL products
Jerry Harvey Audio - Visit booth to enter to win a set of 13v2 Universal IEMs and other prizes!
15% off IEM's (customs or universals), coupon code valid from 2/17-2/20
Free Impressions with any IEM purchase
Free on-site IEM cleaning for JHAudio IEM owners
Keces Audio - 10% off
Matrix Audio - 10% off
Meze Audio - 20% discount code on mezeaudio.com between 2/15-20 using promocode CANJAMNYC2018
MrSpeakers - 10% off all AEON and ETHER headphones
Show Special bundle featuring the Questyle QP2R with a specially made 3.5" DUM cable and your choice of AEON or ETHER headphones
AEON Flow open or closed bundle price: retail $2279.99, show special price of $1999
ETHER Flow open or closed bundle price: retail $3279.97, show special price of $2951.97
M&O Electronics - 20% off select products
Oriolus - 15% off on select products
Periodic Audio - Visit booth and measure your own headphones on a full CRY Sound system. Results will then be emailed. Available for the entire show.
PSB - Visit booth and enter for a chance to win a PSB M4U 8 headphone
RHA - 20% off all website purchases until the end of February using promo code CJNYC2018
Sonarworks - Show Special for $49 ($79). Offer code "canjamny" valid until February 28.
Violectric - 15% off
Westone - 25% off list prices and free shipping.
W60 with Bluetooth package for $699 (usually $999)
Free Ear Impressions for customs
Wireworld - Visit booth to enter a drawing for winner's choice of $500 worth of cables
ZMF Headphones - $200 off list price of Atticus, Eikon, and Auteur during show only

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #344 of 1,303
I'm still hoping Monoprice comes out in next year or two with a budget Electostatic headphone and amp pairing. They have already undercut the planar market by basically copying and pasting Audenze isine 10 and the LCD-2... I still don't know how they get away with copyright infringement, but my wallet is happy. lol

Monoprice didn't copy Audeze, they imitated Audeze, by (presumably) designing a superficially similar but technically unrelated product in-house. From what I've seen nobody is suggesting the Monoprice units are anywhere near Audeze in sound quality. I'm sure Monoprice bought and disassembled a few iSine units too, and probably directly ripped off any aspect of the design that isn't copyrighted, and apparently the [formerly] unique iSine style isn't protected.

It sucks on a lot of levels, but it's superior on exactly one level (price). If you want planar magnetic earphones for cheap and their sound is secondary to making you look like you have expensive stuff, the Monoprices are great for you. I can't imagine they provide anything like a comparable value though, for a self-respecting audiophile. Even if they sound good to you, how could you not keep from wondering how much you're missing every time you wear them?

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #345 of 1,303
For those traveling in for CanJam Singapore 2018 on March 24-25, please reserve your hotel rooms (if you have not already). Our block rate expires at the end of the month on February 28.

Travel
Overlooking the stunning Marina Bay, the Pan Pacific Singapore is strategically located at the gateway to the Central Business District and offers a wide array of sightseeing, retail, and entertainment options in the vicinity. We have secured a limited number of rooms for SGD $270/night which includes a great buffet breakfast. Click here to make your room reservations.

Atrium-Bar-Aerial-View.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back