CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions
Oct 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #376 of 441
I'm in Tokyo for the Tokyo Headphone Festival and am working with Joe on the emails to the winners and the contributing companies. I'm sorry that our process isn't faster, but this is the busiest time of the year with events and travel (and the upcoming gift guide update).

I know you winners are anxiously awaiting your stuff, and I can totally understand that. Again, sorry we're not turning this around faster. Only a couple of winners have been officially notified at this point.

(Thumb-typed while mobile--may contain errors.)

Yeah I want my GD comply tips RIGHT now. Oh, maybe not such a big deal. No less appreciative though.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #377 of 441
Is there any way of finding out about this meeting in the future. I am new to the forum. I live in Estes Park. It is far away, but I would love to come to the meeting next year.

I was going to respond via PM but I figured I'd post since it'd be visible to more people: Anyone who'd prefer to get "push"-type notification of a CO meet announcement next year may want to "follow" me (just open my profile and click "Follow Member"), especially those who think they might forget to manually check the Meets forum in March. No guarantees right now that I'll be organizing a meet though, as it's still up in the air, but there's definitely a decent chance that I'll be doing it.

Btw, the main reason I brought up a future meet in this thread is because of all the new CO locals that I've never seen before, posting in here from RMAF.
wink.gif
Any further questions about the meet should be sent to me via PM so as to not continue to hijack this thread.

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #378 of 441
Hey Everybody!

Wow - what a Canjam event this year!!
Tip of the cap to @jude and @warrenpchi and of course Joseph Zwik (need his Head-Fi handle)!!  

Here's my first full report (diary-style like last year for ETM) for EnjoyTheMusic:

Sonic Satori:
CanJammin' I Wanna CanJam With You... Part I

Hope you guys dig it!! Part II comin' ASAP!! (sorry, cant seem to un-bold this now, LOL)

and our full Canjam report, packed w/ impressions, is coming at Audio360.org SOON!!
Peace,

Mercer

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #380 of 441
My CanJam report and pictures and impressions are up also Michael at our website. Hope everyone checks it out. Some great shots of Warren and Michael in the report.

Correction for your report: this year's CanJam@RMAF was the 6th annual event, it started in 2009. And if you count the independent non-RMAF CanJams 2008 (Fort Lauderdale, FL), 2009 (Los Angeles, CA), and 2010 (Rosemont/Chicago, IL), it'd be the 9th event.

Nov 2, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #382 of 441

Correction for your report: this year's CanJam@RMAF was the 6th annual event, it started in 2009. And if you count the independent non-RMAF CanJams 2008 (Fort Lauderdale, FL), 2009 (Los Angeles, CA), and 2010 (Rosemont/Chicago, IL), it'd be the 9th event.

I still have my badge from the one in 09 in Los Angeles near LAX!!

That was a FUN event - and even a few of my pals from high-end two-channel had spots there!
Philip O'Hanlon had a KILLER real-to-ree -lLuxman - headphone set-up!

So did my fallen friend Lee Weiland of Cryoparts (one of the original sponsors of Head-Fi actually)!

That was FUN. I think I wrote about it for Positive Feedback, I'll have to check...
But a GREAT time, even EveAnna brought Manley Labs there w/ some headphone stuff!!

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #383 of 441
I thought I would post a few pictures from Can Jam.  I was mostly interested in listening to the higher end gear/headphones to help me decide on the next system I'm planning to build.

A few quick impressions though:

-The headphones that surprised me the most were the Oppo planar magnetics, Sennheiser HD700's, HiFiMan HE400's, and the Abyss's.
The oppo's were pretty comfortable and had nice, impactful bass.  The HD700's are very comfortable and have crisp, clear sound.  I felt they were deserve more credit than they get.  The HE400's are probably some of the best value HP's you can get...awesome for the price.  Also, I was expecting the Abyss headphones to be absurdly overpriced for what you get and while they are very expensive and a little uncomfortable, they sounded incredible on every system I listened to them on.

-The best sound at the show IMO was the Stax SR009's with the Blue Hawaii amp...who couldn't see that coming haha.  But there were several other setups that were awesome as well.  All of the Cavalli gear, TTVJ amps, WOO Audio, ALO Audio, Schiit etc. etc. were all great.  I think it really comes down to looks, function, and brand loyalty when picking the amp or dac you want.  The same goes with headphones.  Once you listen to several top tier headphones I think you will find they all sound amazing and it comes down to personal preference and how much you are willing to spend.

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #384 of 441
Nice pictures of some beautifully headphones. I still think the Audeeze LCD-XC look really beautiful with the wooden cup/ backs.

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #385 of 441
Nov 15, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #386 of 441
  Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologize for not getting back to many of you, nor having posted my own impressions yet.  I only got two days off after coming home from CanJam.  Then it was quickly back-to-work for me.  What have I been working on?  Funny you should wonder about that...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/741136/canjam-socal-2015-march-28-29-2015-its-official

smile.gif

but we will be getting those impressions together SOON for our Canjam Report at Audio360.org!!
L3000.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #387 of 441

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologize for not getting back to many of you, nor having posted my own impressions yet.  I only got two days off after coming home from CanJam.  Then it was quickly back-to-work for me.  What have I been working on?  Funny you should wonder about that...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/741136/canjam-socal-2015-march-28-29-2015-its-official

smile.gif

but we will be getting those impressions together SOON for our Canjam Report at Audio360.org!!
L3000.gif

I suspect you two still have those smiles on your faces from RMAF.....
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #389 of 441
  I suspect you two still have those smiles on your faces from RMAF.....
biggrin.gif

you bet you A__!!

Thanks for all the support w/ Audio360.org too brotha!

Especially your response recently, to the short letters I wrote that we published at 360 (it was spontaneous prose actually - as he passed on the eve of my 40th birthday - so I wrote those short notes - while we were doing official things for the Pearson Estate - like writing the obit for the NY Times and all sorts of stuff - was SURREAL).

I wholly appreciate it!

You comin to Canjam West?!?!
We GOTTA KICK IT if so!!
o2smile.gif

a long essay on Harry Pearson will be published at Positive Feedback SOON,
it's me and David Robinson offering different perspectives - and we responded to
each others essays - should be cool...

PSYCHED for this event though,
especially the Meet!
Gotta figure out what to bring down... and who!! My friend Rebekah below wants to check one of these events out.
I got her HOOKED on high performance personal audio!!!!

She's done some cool shots for Audeze (she's a model and a hard-core bizness woman)

This WAS NOT A SET-UP - The first time Rebekah heard Audeze LCD-3s!
Ended up in my first LCD-3 review at The Daily Swarm

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #390 of 441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back