CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions
Oct 24, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #361 of 441
I'm from Denver too but that Marriott location is absolutely ideal and so is the parking -- I can see why the organizers like it so much. Having it anywhere else would be much more of a hassle. Plus it's very close to Lark Burger. Having it downtown would be a nightmare.

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #362 of 441
I know that it is just about perfect. It's just that I like to avoid 25 whenever possible, for purely selfish reasons. Downtown wouldn't really work, and hotel costs would be more. Something a little west or a little closer to the airport may work, though.

I just hate 25.

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #363 of 441
I know that it is just about perfect. It's just that I like to avoid 25 whenever possible, for purely selfish reasons. Downtown wouldn't really work, and hotel costs would be more. Something a little west or a little closer to the airport may work, though.

I just hate 25.

Yep, I-25 sucks big time. Have to commute everyday to work from North of Denver to South of Denver. ALWAYS stuck in traffic.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #365 of 441
Anyone receive their Shag prizes yet or notifications?
How many  completed Shag cards where handed in for the drawing?

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #366 of 441
  Anyone receive their Shag prizes yet or notifications?
How many  completed Shag cards where handed in for the drawing?

I have not received mine. No contact from the company either. I do not know what to expect for a time frame. There were 50+ completed entries.

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #367 of 441
Joe told me that they hadn't sent out the e-mails yet to request shipping info and stuff for all the winners. We can expect those e-mails probably this weekend.

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #368 of 441
  Joe told me that they hadn't sent out the e-mails yet to request shipping info and stuff for all the winners. We can expect those e-mails probably this weekend.

Yeah, Joe told me that it would be a bit longer - so no worries. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #369 of 441

Having updated a handful of vintage tube amps, I suspect you won't have trouble finding expert repair down the road.   Of course another plus is that these things come from Dennis Had -- they aren't going to be 'under designed' or poorly spec'd.  IMO.

Good point. Plus, I don't think you are simply purchasing from Dennis Had. He did design the amp, but Moon Audio sells it, and so will be responsible for any service issues. I doubt they will have any issues doing that based on their expertise and standing in the industry.

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #370 of 441

I'm in Tokyo for the Tokyo Headphone Festival and am working with Joe on the emails to the winners and the contributing companies. I'm sorry that our process isn't faster, but this is the busiest time of the year with events and travel (and the upcoming gift guide update).

I know you winners are anxiously awaiting your stuff, and I can totally understand that. Again, sorry we're not turning this around faster. Only a couple of winners have been officially notified at this point.

(Thumb-typed while mobile--may contain errors.)

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #371 of 441
I'm in Tokyo for the Tokyo Headphone Festival and am working with Joe on the emails to the winners and the contributing companies. I'm sorry that our process isn't faster, but this is the busiest time of the year with events and travel (and the upcoming gift guide update).

I know you winners are anxiously awaiting your stuff, and I can totally understand that. Again, sorry we're not turning this around faster. Only a couple of winners have been officially notified at this point.

No worries Jude. Have a great time in Tokyo and hope you see some cool gear (and report back to all of us!). 

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #372 of 441
  I'm from Denver too but that Marriott location is absolutely ideal and so is the parking -- I can see why the organizers like it so much. Having it anywhere else would be much more of a hassle. Plus it's very close to Lark Burger. Having it downtown would be a nightmare.

We were discussing the spring local meet, which has never been at the Marriott. The most common locations have been the Red Lion out east and Westone in the springs.

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #373 of 441

Sorry for any confusion for the locals that have recently joined Head-Fi—I was talking about organizing a local Colorado Head-Fi meet, as barleyguy said. I have no affiliation with Head-Fi, who sponsored and organized the recent CanJam@RMAF event (the site's also a sort of business organization, not just a set of forums). A Head-Fi meet, on the other hand, is typically a much smaller event that Head-Fi members (like me, for example) organize for other members where we share our gear and literally get a chance to "meet" each other. In past years we've had somewhere between 15-30 attendees. For anyone wondering why a small local meet would serve a purpose when CanJam@RMAF exists, basically it boils down to being able to demo unique gear that you won't find at a large show and has been carefully assembled into a complete system by its owner. You also get the chance to learn from fellow Head-Fiers, and listen in a much quieter environment than RMAF can offer.

The DTC might work for RMAF but for a Head-Fi meet, I'd never consider a venue there (or downtown, for obvious reasons including parking & cost). As us locals know, the DTC is too far from DIA (which can become a factor for any travelers) and it's an expensive, inconveniently high-traffic area in general. I've used the Doubletree Stapleton North in the past (previously a Red Lion) because of its proximity to the aiport and lower cost, but I'm not sure yet if I'd use it again next year. If no one objects to a venue in or near Boulder, or along the 36 corridor, I might go for a new venue.

We were discussing the spring local meet, which has never been at the Marriott. The most common locations have been the Red Lion out east and Westone in the springs.

Next year's meet would be in the summer, not the spring, sorry if that was unclear. I meant to say to expect the announcement for the meet around March next year, not that the meet itself would be then. And as us locals know, March can still be considered winter in CO.
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #374 of 441

We appreciate all the effort! Take the time and we'll all be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back