Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
May 18, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #2 of 23
Hey man, check this out
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread

May 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 23
I got my idea from here.

Went over to Home Depot and snagged one for $7.  I took some copper pipe foam insulation and stretched it over the top.  The front of the bracket has two tabs that hold it in place quite nicely.

The foam fits the curvature of a headphone band very well and distributes pressure fairly evenly.  A rubber coating covers the metal parts to avoid any scratching.  It's also plenty sturdy as I can push it back to a decent angle and it falls forward again.

Sure I'd like a Sieveking Omega, but at roughly $7 compared to $140, I'm a happy camper.  I was even thinking of putting my sewing skills to the test and attempting to DIY a fabric cover for the upper portion to make it look more "finished."

May 18, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #7 of 23
i have the same thing as Curly minus the gray foam

May 18, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 23
May 19, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #11 of 23

Quote:
Get an old mannequin head on eBay.

That would creep me out so much, especially if it wouldn't stop staring at me.

I'd rather have a life-size human cranium, like the ones they use in anatomy courses.

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
My father-in-law has a woodworking business, so I had him make me a couple of wooden headphone stands.

deluxe-headphone-stands.jpg

He's now starting to sell them online at halwoodworking.com, and I think should have pricing up soon.

Those stands are gorgeous! Very classy looking pieces.

The ones that I use were suggested by a member in that DIY headphone stand thread. They sell it at Lowes for about $6. 

http://www.lowes.com/pd_116345-76182-93531_0__?productId=3009381&Ntt=closetmaid+all+purpose&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dclosetmaid%2Ball%2Bpurpose&facetInfo=

It's used by flipping it sideways so the left side of the picture is the base and the right side is the stand. Probably not quite the "quality" headphone stand that you're looking for, but I'm very happy with them, and they look pretty decent. I like that at the base, there is an area to put the headphone cables. I wish these headphone stands would have pegs that could be used for cable management because that's the trickiest thing about putting them on stands, imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back