Can you have a hassle free deal on Head-fi?
Mar 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 34
Great to hear these kind of stories! The people who I have dealt with on Head-fi have been great. I bought my hd650s and my em0404 here. In addition, I have participated in the Christmas CD exchange without any problems.

Mar 6, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 34
Yep i've only ever had one real hassle which was easily fixed. One thing to note is only about half the people I have bought/sold with haven't left feedback. I think more emphasis need to be put on the feedback system then what currently is.

Mar 6, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

There have been so many threads lately of deals gone bad or scammers amongst us, that it make one think this is normal on Head-fi.

At least two of the most recent "I've been scammed" threads have been about transactions conducted elsewhere at other sites like ebay and audiogon. Head-fi wasn't involved at all but as the threads grow, people tend to forget that important fact, automatically assume the problem is Head-fi related, and wind up with a distorted perspective. It would be nice if members would make it very, very, clear in their original complaint post, that the problem they're having does not involve Head-fi or a Head-fi member.

Considering the many transactions carried out here every day, major problems are actually fairly rare IMO.

Mar 7, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #20 of 34
I guess the main problem is in dealing with new members, and perhaps a more solid feedback system is needed for head-fi deals.

I've had good experiences so far dealing with head-fiers even though one of my current purchases seems to be having some sort of shipping issue.

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #21 of 34
Ive never had a major problem dealing on HeadFi. Maybe a minor thing, but it didnt hinder the transaction at all, all money recieved and all products delivered as specified.
Ebay has been a different story.
Every time i tried to sell something on Ebay, some person from Nigeria (supposedly) ruined it for me and drove the price of an item under $100 into the $1000's and ruined the auction, even after i specified very clearly with an explanation "CONUS ONLY!!!".

It happened so many times that i havent sold a thing on Ebay for over 2 years or more now.
But i like buying and selling here though. No major problems.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #22 of 34
not only have all my deals here been hassle free, but they have all been totally curtious and pleasant. no problems here! kudos to head fi!

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #23 of 34
I've only made a couple deals on here, but all have gone very smoothly. I wish I could say the same about my numerous (30, at least) paintball and related dealings. Several have had minor (and in one or two cases, major) problems.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #24 of 34
All of the transactions on HeadFi have gone very well. I've bought more times than I have sold, and in each case the item purchased was as advertised, was shipped promptly and arrived well packed. Thanks to all I have dealt with for a hassle free experience.

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #25 of 34
No issues so far.
...and I have both bought and sold quite a bit of gear during the years.

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive never had a major problem dealing on HeadFi. Maybe a minor thing, but it didnt hinder the transaction at all, all money recieved and all products delivered as specified.
Ebay has been a different story.
Every time i tried to sell something on Ebay, some person from Nigeria (supposedly) ruined it for me and drove the price of an item under $100 into the $1000's and ruined the auction, even after i specified very clearly with an explanation "CONUS ONLY!!!".

It happened so many times that i havent sold a thing on Ebay for over 2 years or more now.
But i like buying and selling here though. No major problems.
smily_headphones1.gif

Man that is such an odd but irritating scenario! Had to laugh at the picture of some distant, reclusive Nigerian sabotager purposefully throwing a spanner in the works of every auction you set-up! Crazy.

My experience with buying/selling on Head-fi has been flawless so far (though I'm waiting on a package atm)! Great ppl, smooth transactions.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #27 of 34
many, many good guys in Head-Fi! good place!

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #28 of 34
Generally you only find people talking about bad experiences on the members lounge. As long as you're careful, the odds are substantially in your favor. Just read through anyone's feedback thread. I'd imagine 95%+ of transactions work out without a hitch.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #29 of 34
All my experiences have been relativley easy transactions, except the very first one where I bought an amp. The UPS delivery notice showed the box as having been delivered, but I was without said delivery. I emailed the seller and told him that I didn't receive the item. He contacted the shipper, who confirmed item was delivered. He emails me back (thinking I was trying to rip him off, of course). I again told him I didn't have it.

At the time I lived in a really weird housing area where the addresses were sometimes hard to find so I ventured around the neighborhood and found my box underneath a staircase of a neighbor's house, two days after delivery.

But that wasn't anything to do with the Head-Fi'er.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as you're careful, the odds are substantially in your favor. Just read through anyone's feedback thread. I'd imagine 95%+ of transactions work out without a hitch.

that sounds about right. and all my experiences here have been very positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back