Can I trust Amazon on my purchase of the AKG 240S?
Mar 23, 2011 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

sysfail

500+ Head-Fier
I just now found a "Just Launched" seller named "DJEquipmentStore" on Amazon.com and they are selling brand new AKG 240S for 49.99 + shipping. That's a STEAL! So I bought it right away. But since they are "Just Launched" I am really worrying if I made a bad decision because there is no reviews or rating on them. If I end up not recieving it, getting fakes/b-stock/refurbished, etc. Amazon should cover me with their A-Z garuantee right?
confused.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 28
You should be okay, as long as your order profile page says the item has shipped.  If you do end having a problem, I pretty sure Amazon won't leave you hanging.  Though, you can look at it this way, you could be that seller's first positive feedback.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 28

Quote:
You should be okay, as long as your order profile page says the item has shipped.  If you do end having a problem, I pretty sure Amazon won't leave you hanging.  Though, you can look at it this way, you could be that seller's first positive feedback.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks! That makes me feel better.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #5 of 28
Wow, that's actually a pretty good price.  Probably the lowest that I've spotted a new pair was for $89.00 and I believe that didn't include shipping costs.  As the others have stated, you should be fine - with Amazon behind you on this purchase.  I might have to check out the other goodies from this vendor if they're offering low prices to get up and running.  I'd love some Quincy Jones "700" series for $200.  Would that be asking for too much?  
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #6 of 28
Did you buy direct from Amazon, or through the Marketplace?  If through the Marketplace, that is an entirely different situation.  Returns are then up to the individual seller.  Not Amazon !!

That price seems too low, but, there aren't a lot of reported fake K240S's out there either.  What I would do if I were you, is once you get them, post as many details as you can, and then have someone check against a pair bought from an authorized dealer.

This goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway after getting burned with fake Sony 7506's: if the price is too good to be true ...

But ... could also be someone who got them as a gift, didn't need them or want them, and just wants to sell them as fast as possible, so they priced them to move.  I've seen this too.

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 28

Quote:
Did you buy direct from Amazon, or through the Marketplace?  If through the Marketplace, that is an entirely different situation.  Returns are then up to the individual seller.  Not Amazon !!

That price seems too low, but, there aren't a lot of reported fake K240S's out there either.  What I would do if I were you, is once you get them, post as many details as you can, and then have someone check against a pair bought from an authorized dealer.

This goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway after getting burned with fake Sony 7506's: if the price is too good to be true ...

But ... could also be someone who got them as a gift, didn't need them or want them, and just wants to sell them as fast as possible, so they priced them to move.  I've seen this too.

Well I don't think so, they seem to be a small company starting up as they have plenty of audio equipments for sale. Not just that AKG 240S. It's not directly from Amazon, but Amazon has the A-Z guarantee which is supposed to cover me if anything goes wrong. I'll definitely inspect it closely when I get it, if something doesn't seem right about it I'll post up pictures so you guys can be the judge if it's real or fake. Thanks for all the replies!
smile.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #8 of 28
Wow, I just took a look at their storefront again and they sold out on A LOT of their headphones including that AKG 240S. Did you guys buy them all?
wink_face.gif
Luckily I grabbed up mine before they sold out.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #9 of 28
Just an update here, things are starting to get a little fishy. I contacted the seller for some tracking information and he replied just yesterday, then this morning gave me tracking information for USPS. I continuously went to the USPS Track & Confirm with that tracking number all day, and all I get is "There is no record of this item." So I contacted him again just now saying the tracking information isn't working, and now waiting on a reply. I also checked his Amazon storefront again and there is no more items listed. I'm beginning to think I made a mistake buying the headphones.
frown.gif

What do you guys think?

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 28
If the item hasn't shipped yet, call your credit card company and tell them to charge back.

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #11 of 28

Quote:
If the item hasn't shipped yet, call your credit card company and tell them to charge back.

Well according to Amazon the item already shipped Friday.

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #13 of 28

Quote:
USPS is terrible with tracking. If it works at all, it does so with huge delays. Don't trust their tracking.

That's definitely true.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #14 of 28
If he used Delivery Confirmation, tracking info might not show up until they are delivered.

You have to wait until you are outside Amazon's window for delivery until you can file a claim anyway, and usually that's a month or so from your order.

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #15 of 28
If they are using the cheaper Usps service, it sucks...you must be patient. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back