Can I remove the "profesional" label from the Sony MDR7506's?
Sep 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 9
Looks like a sticker to me mate on mine. I am guessing you mean on the cups themselves? 

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Yes, just remove the "Profesional" sticker - it looks much better without it. Glue remnants (if any) will disappear voluntarily if threatened with some cotton and alcohol.

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 9
I always take off stickers. If you leave them on, they eventually start peeling off and looking terrible, anyway. Don't worry about resale - people won't care.

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
+1, I did the same to my MDR-V6es and they look a lot better.

Why not buy the MDR-V6? Same headphone for cheaper.

I see a $10 difference in price. What do you mean they are the same?

and thanks to everyone for the input.

UPDATE: I see the 7506's have a gold jack and the V6's have a nickel jack. One is marketed for home use and one for "professional" use haha

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Yes, just remove the "Profesional" sticker - it looks much better without it. Glue remnants (if any) will disappear voluntarily if threatened with some cotton and alcohol.

lol When I got my pair it the first question in my mind was: "If I remove that lame sticker will I loose varranty?" :) It does look silly. IMO If headphones are really good they should not have a sticker that says "professional" on them. People who buy them will know.

It remainded me of those 80 video game cartridges that had words like SUPER and MEGA on them :)

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #8 of 9
LOL, sorry to be pedantic, but I just love the different ways the word 'professional' is (mis)spelled in this thread. And to think that the Japanese at Sony did get it right...

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #9 of 9
The sticker on my pair started to peel and look terrible, so I took it off. I don't remember if there was any glue residue, but right now to doesn't feel or look like there was any so you shouldn't worry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back