'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jun 7, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #376 of 670
Champion! Cheers mate
beerchug.gif

Quote:
*grumble* everyone's making me bring the big and heavy stuff *grumble*

Kind of kidding, but luggage space is going to be a premium here. I'll definitely bring all the earphones/iems though, they don't take up much space at all
I might have Westone 4 as well by then

Jun 8, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #381 of 670
Josh: I will organize a pick up from the airport.. mrAdrian will take you back.
mrAdrian: While at it, can you also take unique melody to the airport after the meet?

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #382 of 670
It should be ok. But just to confirm, we are leaving right after the venue right (as in no after party/dinner/etc)?

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #383 of 670
No. There is none planned. However if anyone like to organize something after the meet, then I can post the details of the 'after meet' in the first post where the details are. ^^

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #384 of 670
personal attack? jeez

frustrated? indeed

i never suggested anything over the top, in fact i told people to calm down a few posts up, when over the top suggestions were made. my frustration lies in you just thinking its going to look after itself and disregarding a number of people who posted simple suggestions such as ID, measures that any organized event and as i mentioned, even video stores ask for (and what um and Jaben will be asking for). that has been reluctantly complied with and im happy for that, that takes care of just about everything that isnt people's own responsibility for ther own gear and others. its easy for those who can bring an extra person along, members and myself do not have that luxury. 

i concur with everything mitos said, in fact if you look back its exactly what i said. Now that the cross-posting to other forums (including the date, time, address) is taken care of (thanks svyr and pkwak) and the venue is taken care of, really there is just a few loose ends. You should definitely contact people who have run larger meets before to get some tips in case there are things nobody has even thought of.

we all have other lives that have to be taken care of, i'll lay money on me putting in more hours each week than just about anyone here at the moment the last 2 months quite a lot of it volunteer work too, supplying tightly matched mosfets for diyaudio . generally meets are full of good people, but that should not be assumed to be the case.

will these measures stop any risk occurring? nope, but they do help to mitigate it.

anyway i agree, lets just calm down and get on with it, i think its going to be a good meet, hopefully i get enough done to warrant protecting :D i didnt object for just myself

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #385 of 670

Quote:
Josh: I will organize a pick up from the airport.. mrAdrian will take you back.
mrAdrian: While at it, can you also take unique melody to the airport after the meet?

Quote:
It should be ok. But just to confirm, we are leaving right after the venue right (as in no after party/dinner/etc)?

There's no need guys, really... Unless it's on the way or very close to where you live I'm fine with taking the train.
That's what IEMs are for right?

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #387 of 670
Haven't read through whole thread, but assuming it's not too late I'd like to come along and can bring whatever's I my sig unless there's a change between now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back