'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jun 12, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #406 of 670
So, considering all the overhead cost and variable cost, per person is contributing less than $4 for the venue. (sorry can't do the exact calculations due to variable costs that change with number of people attending). From the start I knew I would be forking out more for this meet but I do want to minimize this to under $50 if possible.
Cheers. Paul.

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #407 of 670
No, no bus.
Also need to consider morning tea, the cost spent for name tags, baby wipes were expensive and so were the cups for cold and hot drinks. Plus there are little things that was required, paper towel, napkins, scotch tapes etc. Also I am not going to ask the volunteers to pay for morning tea and lunch when they are going to help out all day without pay.

sounds like $100 on top (and the venue + what not is covered by just the 1st 26 attendees :D and I wasn't counting the MoTs. After the initial 26 people, the variable pizza, wipes, etc costs should be quite comfortably covered ), but not 30 more people at $15 lol... Seriously, that just doesn't sound right.

If wipes are expensive lol, get paper towels and some handwash ($5/1L), geez... :D

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #408 of 670

Quote:
No, no bus.
Also need to consider morning tea, the cost spent for name tags, baby wipes were expensive and so were the cups for cold and hot drinks. Plus there are little things that was required, paper towel, napkins, scotch tapes etc. Also I am not going to ask the volunteers to pay for morning tea and lunch when they are going to help out all day without pay.

fair call on the volunteers, surely baby wipes etc are the owners responsibility? tissues will do fine for me. they rip people off on anything with the word baby in it; counterintuitive, but thats the way it is. did you buy everything already? 450 for baby wipes, nametags and extra drinks that are really up to people to buy?and if 15 each doesnt cover it for 30 people, what happens when there is another 30 people?, who pays for their baby wipes?

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #409 of 670
There are couple of things that need to be prepared in advanced and take time have been purchased but overall majority which can be done days before have not been purchased.
You don't understand qusp: the more people there is the less each person have to pay for the venue. Just logic as the venue is fixed cost. So say a room was $100 then 10 people would have to pay $10 each but with 100 people per person price is $1. Also cups and napkin all sell in bulk and more people there are the cheaper it becomes until I reach threshold where i have to buy another bulk.
Regarding baby wipes, I know how expensive it is but if I buy in bulk, then it is cheaper. And with all the expensive gears at the meet, some of the members informed me as an essential, that I could provide.

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #410 of 670
There are couple of things that need to be prepared in advanced and take time have been purchased but overall majority which can be done days before have not been purchased.
You don't understand qusp: the more people there is the less each person have to pay for the venue. Just logic as the venue is fixed cost. So say a room was $100 then 10 people would have to pay $10 each but with 100 people per person price is $1. Also cups and napkin all sell in bulk and more people there are the cheaper it becomes until I reach threshold where i have to buy another bulk.
Regarding baby wipes, I know how expensive it is but if I buy in bulk, then it is cheaper. And with all the expensive gears at the meet, I see this as essential, that I could provide. And you maybe fine with tissue stuck on your pizza, but I believe there will people who prefer napkin over tissue any day and are not fine with tissue.

I don't think the argument is about 'the more people come the less the spread fixed cost pp are'.
The argument is more about 'these things all costs peanuts (tissues, paper plates, soft drinks, adding up to about $100-150 total max)/surely they don't add up to an additional total of $450 :D and mandate inviting 30 more people. The existing 30 members + MoTs seems enough or quite enough to cover the costs of venue + refreshments and cutlery/soft drinks.

edit: mmm, ok the figures you PMed for the costs sound fairly reasonable, and you are about $200 out. I still don't think inviting 2x the people is a solution. Posting 'we're $200 out, what do you guys think we can do' however is a path to one :wink:

Jun 12, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #411 of 670

Quote:
Posting 'we're $200 out, what do you guys think we can do' however is a path to one
wink.gif

Yep, I already offered to pay a bit more, so if we're still short nearer the day let me know.

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #416 of 670
bahahaha I'll have to bring rations in case I get lost

Happy to chip in extra if required

Jun 13, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #417 of 670
in case i have not replied, I do not mind driving um and jaben back to the airport. That's as long as they feel safe with my driving and my car :) Your gears would be more expensive than my car

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #419 of 670

Quote:
in case i have not replied, I do not mind driving um and jaben back to the airport. That's as long as they feel safe with my driving and my car :) Your gears would be more expensive than my car

Thanks for the offer Adrian, but looks like Paul blackmailed one of the other members that will pass the airport to pick me up
Thanks anyway for the offer though, much appreciated... but your place is nowhere near the airport!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back