'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jun 7, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #350 of 670
OK, this is getting crazy, yes serial numbers should be noted, but you should have this for your records anyway. pkwak: please just go back, read through the suggestions that were made before things went loco. bag checks is over the top, you have all you need to know in the thread, you just seemed to skip over it or something, flipping from nothing to hiring security and chaining people to their desks.

first, please take the address off the thread posts!! you seem to be skipping the simple deterrents/measures and going straight for proctology (although it sounds like somebody's idea of fun) there is also no point detailing all the security in the thread, You will not stop a determined thief, not gonna happen, the idea is just to discourage them from coming in and not presenting opportunities that are begging for it ie leaving iems just sitting on the table while you arent there, Perhaps for small items like that, you could just have a list of what you have and people can ask you. people should be allowed to bring bags of course, just have a check in for non gear bags and people dont walk around with their bag. A webcam on the front desk might not be a bad idea. doesnt even have to be on.

just a few ideas. i do not think that people such as Natonrice, myself, John, Syvr et al, were asking you to keep upping the ante when they mentioned increased security, but rather just confirming that the measures that were mentioned already were necessary; because you seemed to be balking at the idea of even taking ID and thinking that everything would just be alright like the little meet at Johns house in the Blue mountains.

correct me if i'm wrong here guys

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #352 of 670
In relation to secuity: I have decided. I believe this concern over security is over the top. We did not had any problems before and I believe we would not now. Our meet was one of mutual trust and respect, I decided that I would not set precedent for meets of distrust, not for Sydney, not for rest of the world. Hence no further security measure other than already implemented will be applied. (That of registration and copy of valid id, which I still think is excessive).
If you are concerned about your property being stolen, I suggest that you do not bring that particular item. And if you deem my decision to be ludicrous and decide not to attend, than I apologise that I could not cater your needs as the organiser.

Thank you.
Paul.

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #353 of 670

Quote:
OK, this is getting crazy, yes serial numbers should be noted, but you should have this for your records anyway. pkwak: please just go back, read through the suggestions that were made before things went loco. bag checks is over the top, you have all you need to know in the thread, you just seemed to skip over it or something, flipping from nothing to hiring security and chaining people to their desks.

first, please take the address off the thread posts!! you seem to be skipping the simple deterrents/measures and going straight for proctology (although it sounds like somebody's idea of fun) there is also no point detailing all the security in the thread, You will not stop a determined thief, not gonna happen, the idea is just to discourage them from coming in and not presenting opportunities that are begging for it ie leaving iems just sitting on the table while you arent there, Perhaps for small items like that, you could just have a list of what you have and people can ask you. people should be allowed to bring bags of course, just have a check in for non gear bags and people dont walk around with their bag. A webcam on the front desk might not be a bad idea. doesnt even have to be on.

just a few ideas. i do not think that people such as Natonrice, myself, John, Syvr et al, were asking you to keep upping the ante when they mentioned increased security, but rather just confirming that the measures that were mentioned already were necessary; because you seemed to be balking at the idea of even taking ID and thinking that everything would just be alright like the little meet at Johns house in the Blue mountains.

correct me if i'm wrong here guys

What do you mean remove address of the thread posts? I thought I already have done this.
Also the suggestions that was made was only a brainstorming. And a decision was made in previous post.

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #354 of 670
i give up. the fact that you deem even the most basic measure as over the top is a big worry for me and you seem incapable of digesting and collating suggestions. also i might add that i find the disregard you show for peoples concern perhaps is becauseyou dont have much there?

this is not a mini meet, but its not huge either, there needs to be a middle ground struck. its good to know we are on our own. i will contact Jaben and we will look into some sort of system to look after ourselves

i find this edge of attitude you are showing a little frustrating

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #355 of 670

Quote:
i give up. the fact that you deem even the most basic measure as over the top is a big worry for me and you seem incapable of digesting and collating suggestions. also i might add that i find the disregard you show for peoples concern perhaps is becauseyou dont have much there?

this is not a mini meet, but its not huge either, there needs to be a middle ground struck. its good to know we are on our own. i will contact Jaben and we will look into some sort of system to look after ourselves

i find this edge of attitude you are showing a little frustrating

Okay it may not be an excuse that I only managed 3 hour sleep last night and that I am a little out of it. And I do admit that trying to organise this while doing my assignment and preparing a presentation for tomorrow is bit overwhelming. I do apologise if you felt that I have ignored your opinion and demeaned your posts. Believe that was not my intention. And once again I do apologise.
However, this personal attack is not warranted and I ask you that you would refrain from doing it further, please. I believe that I have tried my best to cater everyone`s needs from suppliers to members. There were many conflicting ideas from members wanting identification and registration of every piece of item and bag checking to not wanting to even give out copy of their license. I believe I have implemented a middle ground. I have removed addresses from previous posts. Plus I am requesting people to register and provide a copy of their license. Weren`t these what you requested anyway? I have implemented them but that does not mean I must change my own views so that they align with yours.

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #356 of 670

Quote:
2. Everyone must provide a photo id when registering at the registration desk and will be cross checked with the provided name and address. Also at the registration the attendees are required to tick the box if the attendee do not want their name and email details passed onto the distributors. (Note a copy of your valid photo id (that can verify name and address) will be taken and kept for two weeks before being destroyed).

One more thing you'll need to consider - you're going to need to make sure you keep the photo ID details *secure* until destroyed, because they're a desirable target for identity thieves.

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #357 of 670
Look, everybody just chill out! GIve the man some space.  He's trying to do his best, ***.

Paul, mate. You dont have to go over the top is what most of the guys are trying to get to you. As I said before, just simple as for some advise from some  past members who've hosted meets similar to the Sydney one. I really think you should get some help from Jude, he's definitely got some experience here. Forget all the haters here. Even me, if I've given you some stress on ideas about security.

The location is firm. That's the most important thing. Concentrate on your studies first, then come back to security, alright mate??! Seriously, you should be too stressed over stuff like security, when you've the meet is  over a month away. First exams, then come back to the topic of security.

As long as location is firmly set, that's like 80% of the meet issues done. It's not rocket science, you just need some basic principles on this stuff. As simple PM to Jude, US meets will. Then talk to the Members of Trade, and settle things out. The rest of us guys will adapt to the rules or if won't they don't have to attend the meet. Easy that!

Take it easy, Paul

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #358 of 670
So awkward, it's like when mum and dad fights in the middle of a 5 hour drive...

Anyway, I'll get my own security sorted. I'll coat everything with poison and I'll give everyone an antidote if nothing goes missing 
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I'll think of something for my own table/part of table/bit of the floor.

As for the door, if you note down and verify atendee's IDs it's fine with me. A webcam at the door is a solid idea I reckon.
A feed of the whole place would be fantastic, but seems unlikely

Anyway, I'll have these come in by next week:
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Centrance DAC Port
Centrance DACMini
Graham Slee Solo w/ PSU1
Graham Slee Novo
Hifiman HE-6
Hifiman RE2
Klipsch S3, S4, S5
Ortofon EQ5

And something I'm super excited to try myself: Go-vibe portable tube amp

Now my list is getting super big, and I only have 22kg total luggage allowance so if there's anything you'd particularly like to try let me know.
Otherwise I'll just bring my favourite things... And then I don't feel so bad 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #359 of 670

While I'm here I might as well announce the prizes I have in mind:

#1: Go-Vibe Vulcan+ or a Go-Vibe Magnum
#2: Crossroads HR1
#3: Ordnance .22 or Go-Vibe Martini
#4: Crossroads Headphone Stand

#5  Hippo Box+

And Smaller prizes:
5x Hippo White

5x Hippo Shroom

Now these aren't 100% solid yet, but that's the general idea.

If you don't mind, I'll put this up in the sponsor section of head-fi soon...
We're giving away a decent amount (haven't counted, but I'm pretty sure it's in the four digits), the more people there are the more worthwhile the trip gets =)

I'll add something between #1 and #2 if the number of attendees increase a bit as it gets closer to the date

Users who are viewing this thread

Back