'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
May 4, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #47 of 670
Here is more info about the 'room' in the photo.

Room: CM5A.01.44 - Sandpit

Room type: Open space

Facilities: 4 x desks (3 mobile, 1 fixed to normally be used as presenter position) 4 x 2 Touch Interactive White board 4 x Local Computer (inbuilt) with internet access 4 x USB connection Laptop – IWB 4 x HDMI connectivity 4 x Laptop VGA + Audio connectivity

Capacity: 30

May 4, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #48 of 670
Here is more info about the 'room' in the photo.

Room: CM5A.01.44 - Sandpit

Room type: Open space

Facilities: 4 x desks (3 mobile, 1 fixed to normally be used as presenter position) 4 x 2 Touch Interactive White board 4 x Local Computer (inbuilt) with internet access 4 x USB connection Laptop – IWB 4 x HDMI connectivity 4 x Laptop VGA + Audio connectivity

Capacity: 30

exactly how far is parking :D ? I'm not sure if people fancy carrying a 10kg amp or two for a few 100m
and what's the reason why we want a meet in exam/assessment period for unis, when about 1/2 the people on the meets seem to be uni students :D (re: moving to start of jul)?

also, is there an option for more desks (if people drag a lot of gear with them), and how many power points does the room have :D ?

May 4, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #50 of 670
There's plenty of parking near UTS. I'll keep people posted on the where abouts of parking near UTS main campus. But there's one at Paddy's haymarket opposite Law/Commerce building/library??  Also, there's parking behind george st, near a hotel. i need to the name of it, my mates park there all the time. It's basically a 5 min walk to UTS main campus.

For people with lots of gear, just bring one of those wheelie trolley thingos

i'll post further info or pkwak may, since he knows the city

May 4, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #51 of 670
There's plenty of parking near UTS. I'll keep people posted on the where abouts of parking near UTS main campus. But there's one at Paddy's haymarket opposite Law/Commerce building/library??  Also, there's parking behind george st, near a hotel. i need to the name of it, my mates park there all the time. It's basically a 5 min walk to UTS main campus.

For people with lots of gear, just bring one of those wheelie trolley thingos

i'll post further info or pkwak may, since he knows the city

Wheelie wha? Where are we supposed to get that...
2x10kg amps, 1 laptop, 4hp, misc cables, etc lol... oh, I know, I'll bring my DT48e and that's it instead, lol :D
perfect. I can also beat up anyone trying to roll me for them, since they're 'industrial strength' :D <--- that's the general logic people might use if the parking is too far from the venue :D (>20m :D and a couple of stairs)

Btw UTS main campus, or Wynard thing? nevermind, read the above. BTW, they also have a few floors in a building at Wynard. Generally they're pretty booked during the week with corporate things, but IDK about weekends.

May 9, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #55 of 670
> mitos and nelda, can u tell me ur suburb of residence? I will post them on first page, so that people can contact each other to organize transport. Thnx.

lol, for that you also need to include whether they have car and are willing to give people living nearby a ride there & or back(yes, we'll chip in for petrol :D)
or maybe people living nearby want to splits for a taxi or something...

May 9, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #56 of 670
Oh yeah I almost forgot, I can bring my brother's Wyred4Sound DAC2 as well.  Hope this meet gets finalised.  :)     I'm really looking forward to it.

May 9, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #57 of 670
well, svyr once we have enough people, you can organise lift with people near you. for example, one of the member is coming from new castle and if the venue is west, then that member can pick some of the member on the way etc. and people would offer to give lifts anyway.

hpz: is you brother coming as well?

May 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #60 of 670
Hi guys,

I might be able to come..

I would bring
HP-2s
HF-2s
Melos SHA Gold
Northstar m192

Users who are viewing this thread

Back