Campfire - Solaris
Jul 24, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #9,602 of 12,035
I tried the Xelastecs last night. There were very comfortable and I had no issues inserting or removing. I did find that I preferred the sound of the ADV custom tips over them. The ADV had better bass.

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #9,603 of 12,035
Some information for Solaris 2020 owners!
I emailed Campfire Audio to enquire about getting the standard Super Smoky Litz cable terminated with a 4.4mm plug.
They said they're not re-terminating the cables, but are doing a special offer to Solaris 2020 owners. They sold me a brand new 4.4mm Super Smoky Litz cable for the special price of $99. That's $100 off normal price.
It arrived to me in the UK today - just 48 hrs after shipping. Bravo Campfire Audio!

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #9,604 of 12,035
I think this is a common deal. When I bought my SE at Headphone Bar I was told of a similar promotion and given my choice of CFA cables for $100 off.

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #9,605 of 12,035
I tried the Xelastecs last night. There were very comfortable and I had no issues inserting or removing. I did find that I preferred the sound of the ADV custom tips over them. The ADV had better bass.
hi where have found it Xelastecs, please

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #9,606 of 12,035
Jul 24, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #9,607 of 12,035
I purchased on Amazon US. Try Amazon France.
thanks but we don't have it in France! Maybe someone from Europe knows or sell one?

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #9,608 of 12,035
Just to mention my own Xelastec experience size wise. Got the ML in and I think I am just between the ML and the L. The L cause a bit of pressure, particularly this morning as in the evening I don't register the slight discomfort as much. ML is super comfortable and I think is causing a good seal but after feeling how insanely sealed the L feel, I wonder if I'm getting maximum performance from the seal of the ML.... why is it that audiophilia and neurosis seem to go hand in hand... ?

I guess this is to say that if you are between sizes in other tips or if your iem has large nozzles like Moondrop, I would recommend sizing down. This material on the Xelastec is quite stiff compared to something like spiral dots. I take The largest size in every other tip but I do think the ML is best for me or at least ML in the right ear and L in the left.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #9,609 of 12,035
Just to mention my own Xelastec experience size wise. Got the ML in and I think I am just between the ML and the L. The L cause a bit of pressure, particularly this morning as in the evening I don't register the slight discomfort as much. ML is super comfortable and I think is causing a good seal but after feeling how insanely sealed the L feel, I wonder if I'm getting maximum performance from the seal of the ML.... why is it that audiophilia and neurosis seem to go hand in hand... ?

I guess this is to say that if you are between sizes in other tips or if your iem has large nozzles like Moondrop, I would recommend sizing down. This material on the Xelastec is quite stiff compared to something like spiral dots. I take The largest size in every other tip but I do think the ML is best for me or at least ML in the right ear and L in the left.
Tried a seal test like sensaphonic provide?

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #9,611 of 12,035
I spent more time with the Xelastec and my Solaris 2020 last night. Compared to my ADV custom tips, the Xelastec tips have recessed mids when using the DHC Clone Fusion cable. I think they will sound better with an all silver cable like my DHC Clone Silver which I will try tonight.

Jul 25, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #9,612 of 12,035
116287069_825414834931800_3312028465357681375_n.jpg

Got the xelastecs (MS) today after waiting a few weeks for it to arrive, and i must say that it emphasized microdetails a bit more in certain songs that i regularly listen too. Strings on guitars sound more “realistic” compared to using Final E tips that came with Solaris SE box. Bass is relaxed a tad bit, like about 5% to what i’m used to on the final e tips. Sounds more enjoyable too on higher volumes as someone pointed out in previous posts. Vocals are so damn beautiful on these iems. Im just addicted to listening to music on these pair everyday. 👌 :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #9,613 of 12,035
116287069_825414834931800_3312028465357681375_n.jpg
Got the xelastecs (MS) today after waiting a few weeks for it to arrive, and i must say that it emphasized microdetails a bit more in certain songs that i regularly listen too. Strings on guitars sound more “realistic” compared to using Final E tips that came with Solaris SE box. Bass is relaxed a tad bit, like about 5% to what i’m used to on the final e tips. Sounds more enjoyable too on higher volumes as someone pointed out in previous posts. Vocals are so damn beautiful on these iems. Im just addicted to listening to music on these pair everyday. 👌 :beyersmile:
Regular Solaris owner here. Definitely noticed a little less bass presence with the Xelastec tips, but the sound is much sweeter overall, so I've decided to stick with them. Final e tips are definitely good though, but tame treble a little more than I would like on these iems

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #9,614 of 12,035
... It may be a little understandable if this was the first instance of unethical behaviour but alongside the way they had dealt with the unit variance issues and the use of cheap Bellsing drivers in their flagship model makes me think that CA knew exactly what they were doing here.

Does anyone know definitively if Campfire Audio is only using Knowles BA drivers now in their IEMs?
In particular for their new 2020 models, are they no longer using Bellsings? :pray:
Thanks!

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #9,615 of 12,035

I'm in the same boat lol. I'm totally happy with my L's but I got memed into ordering a second pair of ML's just to try and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back