Campfire - Solaris
May 17, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #8,461 of 12,035
I made this choice much easier for myself.... The Legend is the only custom I have so I don't have a whole lot of choice In the matter hahaha. Although I do enjoy having at least two pairs to compliment each other. But yeah, the Legend X is still top of the pile for me. I just don't know how they managed to squeeze that soundstage and details in alongside that ridiculous bass hahah.
I took a lot of flak for waiting a year to write the Legend X review, don't really care about flak and yes it could have been done much sooner, but it just got better and better. My only issue was fit issues. It is strange to have fit issues with their UNI but it wasn't the best fitting UNI. The two best fitting UNI's were the VE8(demo) and the EVE20. They feel like custom's, made for my ears.

May 17, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #8,462 of 12,035
I took a lot of flak for waiting a year to write the Legend X review, don't really care about flak and yes it could have been done much sooner, but it just got better and better. My only issue was fit issues. It is strange to have fit issues with their UNI but it wasn't the best fitting UNI. The two best fitting UNI's were the VE8(demo) and the EVE20. They feel like custom's, made for my ears.

I am in awe of VE's finish so that doesn't surprise me. They all look so beautiful... I'm hoping ill get to try some of their models at a can jam or something in the future. The Legend definitely takes some time to appreciate and get the best out of kinda like the Atlas. I admire your restraint in not writing a review sooner if anything! haha

May 17, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #8,463 of 12,035
LX and Solaris do really compliment each other nicely :)

Yes they do...I can't handle the LX for more than a couple days at a time...I find myself feeling a little overwhelmed and suffocated by the low end. The Solaris is definitely my main daily and my first choice if I were to ever pick one...but damn is the LX the perfect secondary IEM to have on hand for those times when I really want to be pounded on the chest.

May 17, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #8,464 of 12,035
APEX is definitely pretty cool, definitely increases the comfort. It's a little hard for me to A/B since my A12t is custom and everything else I had was Uni so I don't know if it's comparable, but I did notice that the A12t had less pressure over long listening sessions (avg 5 hours). Long listening sessions are pretty common for me so that the APEX is helpful. It also allows some tuning of the IEM which is cool. If you include the FiR Atom modules, you have 4 different tunings and isolation options.

May 17, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #8,466 of 12,035
APEX is definitely pretty cool, definitely increases the comfort. It's a little hard for me to A/B since my A12t is custom and everything else I had was Uni so I don't know if it's comparable, but I did notice that the A12t had less pressure over long listening sessions (avg 5 hours). Long listening sessions are pretty common for me so that the APEX is helpful. It also allows some tuning of the IEM which is cool. If you include the FiR Atom modules, you have 4 different tunings and isolation options.
Nice, if I ever have any comfort and fatigue problem with the new Solaris, I will just drop the hammer and get a custom A12T!

May 17, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #8,467 of 12,035
Nice, if I ever have any comfort and fatigue problem with the new Solaris, I will just drop the hammer and get a custom A12T!
Apex is cool but I wouldn't say it's the main selling point. The Solaris and A12t have a different sound, so no guarantees you'll like the A12t. I actually like the Solaris SE sound more and never found the sounds fatiguing, but comfort was the deal breaker.

You should definitely look into customs tho, they really are just that much more comfortable. I also got tired of tip rolling so customs takes care of that for me haha.

May 17, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #8,471 of 12,035
Maybe 50 hours I’d say. The only thing I noticed that changed was the bass. Opened up and added a little oomph with time.

Hmm fair enough, I'm not sure if I mentioned it in this thread or another but I feel the bass changed again somewhat around the 140 hour mark. Im sure that will be the same across both models.

May 17, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #8,475 of 12,035
Sounds good to me :)

Really interested in your continued impressions of 2020. My only real gripe with OG was that I felt it needed a touch more impact...SE satisfied that need and I haven't once felt the need to EQ up the bass or do anything to alter the FR since owning it. It sounds like the same may be true of 2020 and I'm curious to hear your thoughts as we seem to have quite similar tastes/preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back