Campfire - Solaris
Mar 10, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #3,976 of 12,035
15522598653907116253927297672478.jpg

Mar 10, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #3,977 of 12,035
There are some impressions before and after burn in on the review I posted recently (too long to post the sections here, so it's on the link below):

https://audioprimate.blog/2019/02/17/campfire-audio-solaris-sound-like-the-sun/

Hope that helps!

Thank-you for that-- splendid write-up and a great read.

Jackpot77 said:
It marries the best aspects of the Andromeda and Atlas together for me, and the synergy makes for something pretty special...It’s difficult to see where Campfire could have made too many alterations to this tuning given the context of the other frequencies sitting above, so while it isn’t quite my “preferred” or ideal bass tuning, it is probably the best balanced and most accomplished bass I’ve heard yet

This is exactly what I'm looking for...the Atlas has become my all-purpose daily, and I love their sound, however balance and variety are the spice of life and every now and again I crave a slightly more holographic and balanced yin to go along with the thundering low-ended yang of the Atlas and the Solaris seems like it would be the perfect IEM do do it...hoping to have a chance to demo in the next couple weeks :)

Jackpot77 said:
This will be less polarising than the Atlas

On that note I'm really glad we have manufacturers not catering exclusively to those who want incredibly forward mid-centric IEMs. In some respects I think the Atlas was a bit of a gamble and I for one am really glad for it.

Mar 10, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #3,980 of 12,035
Is that the Thor II+? I've always wondered how well the Solaris pairs with a pure silver cable.

Thor silver ii 8wire. I originally purchased the cable for legend x, but thought it was too overpowering. Also tried it on my phantom and wasn't digging it much either. I posted it on the classifieds here since I didnt have a match, but finally found some adapters and I am glad I did. Its the icing on the cake and I am going to be enjoying this pairing for quite sometime. It amazes me everytime with all genres!

Mar 10, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #3,981 of 12,035
Thor silver ii 8wire. I originally purchased the cable for legend x, but thought it was too overpowering. Also tried it on my phantom and wasn't digging it much either. I posted it on the classifieds here since I didnt have a match, but finally found some adapters and I am glad I did. Its the icing on the cake and I am going to be enjoying this pairing for quite sometime. It amazes me everytime with all genres!
Very interesting, I'm going to have to check out their booth at the SoCal canjam this year.

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #3,983 of 12,035
There are some impressions before and after burn in on the review I posted recently (too long to post the sections here, so it's on the link below):

https://audioprimate.blog/2019/02/17/campfire-audio-solaris-sound-like-the-sun/

Hope that helps!
Nice review... can relate every thing you explain, since our gear is similar (CAYIN N5iis - Solaris), except cable.
You explanation quite good to describe the Dynamic feeling that DD can do... its very difficult to explain unless u try it your self... And also the reason why I choose Solaris over Andro OG...

Again, Great review, and also the additional impression after burn in...

Mar 11, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #3,984 of 12,035

Where did you get the cable adapters from? Thanks.

Mar 11, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #3,985 of 12,035
Where did you get the cable adapters from? Thanks.

2pin to mmcx I purchased on ebay from a seller out of Singapore. I wanted to buy from rhapsody like twister6 reviewed but they only had mmcx to 2pin. Then I'm just using the ibasso 4.4 adapter. Sooner or later I'll send my cable to get reterminated as it's the same price as buying the adapters, it's just a matter of shipping it out and laziness.

They also came pretty quick, probably in 10 days.

Mar 11, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #3,986 of 12,035
Mar 11, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #3,988 of 12,035
2pin to mmcx I purchased on ebay from a seller out of Singapore. I wanted to buy from rhapsody like twister6 reviewed but they only had mmcx to 2pin. Then I'm just using the ibasso 4.4 adapter. Sooner or later I'll send my cable to get reterminated as it's the same price as buying the adapters, it's just a matter of shipping it out and laziness.

They also came pretty quick, probably in 10 days.

Thanks for the information.

Mar 12, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #3,989 of 12,035
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Solaris vs Noble Audio K10’s ? Not encores but the original K10. Deciding if these are remotely worth getting if I own a pair of K10’s. Thank you.

I never had K10 but I have a pair of Encore which is being repaired. Never ABed them but they are quite similar. Encore is a tad warmer and punchier at the low end, maybe sweeter at the highs. I like them both.

I’ve heard the original K10 is much more emphasized on the lows than Encore so I think Solaris is nothing like the K10.

I’m going to try the Khan next week. So far I’ve heard, Khan sounds even closer to Solaris. If that’s true I probably can save (a lot of) my hard learned dollars.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #3,990 of 12,035
Curious to hear from people (who've heard/had both) as to whether (or not) the Solaris is an upgrade to the Andro/S. What might might cause one to prefer one over the other? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back