Campfire - Solaris
Mar 8, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #3,947 of 12,035
For real? I am open to experiment anything. I did a quick search but couldn't find them online.

its a japan product.... I was and still a bit sceptic about this...

the story was, one of senior bring AK120 with a lot sticker. 2 of them being stacked (according him become dual DAC Wolfson, still not taking it seriously) . I thought it was just regular sticker, just to be fancy etc.. he said I must tried it.
With Solaris, Hiss...
so I changed to his CIEM with also a lot if this sticker, give a try, and was amazed how the CIEM give distant Separation better than Solaris (remember I talk only about seperation) ... even the Cable was like an old land line telephone, stiff.. not a good looking cable... Well never judge a book from it covers...
the sticker and cable was from rosenkranz...

he said, and I quote his wording "Rosenkranz is a vibration control. So it enhanced a lot of things, included suppress the vibration that masking frequency."
So by suppressing vibration, it make background become darker and the separation will be better. .

For me, I still don't get it the theory behind this... the the result, I do feel the song is different...

Anyway I don't want to derail... let's get back to Solaris.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #3,949 of 12,035
So you felt better separation? I could try it if it isn't sold in Japan. Such a hassle buying anything in Japan. I ordered the vanuys n8 case two month ago but no idea if I will get it this year.
Yes... that's what i exp... yet I not confidence also

its also hard to get in my country, just to happened some local seller have last stock, and that curiousty come, so I bought it just want to try.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #3,950 of 12,035

was meeting with some local senior Audio, and discussing on how to increase separation. A wild suggestion was throw and there it was, Rosenkranz Auto Rosen... it was to fixed the vibration, so make sound more thigher. so better separation is the goal.
weirdly, almost every song that I hear feel different.... anyway can be plasebo effect....
so i am still listening to it
Wow. I'm really speechless.

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #3,953 of 12,035
The sticker somehow gives a little bit of rigidity of the aluminum shell maybe? I don't know :ksc75smile:
Like the taping done over the athletes' sore muscles (to reduce any unwanted vibration, so to speak.)

Hey fokta, perhaps we can meet up somewhere at Mega Kuningan during the next weekend?
I'd love to have a chance to compare the Solaris with my Andro S and learn from your rich source of information. :wink:

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #3,954 of 12,035
Like the taping done over the athletes' sore muscles (to reduce any unwanted vibration, so to speak.)

Hey fokta, perhaps we can meet up somewhere at Mega Kuningan during the next weekend?
I'd love to have a chance to compare the Solaris with my Andro S and learn from your rich source of information. :wink:
Love too. but I am no more weekend warriors, must be full day driver... but friday will great for me. . actually planning to go to STC, trying Meze Penta Rai....

The sticker somehow gives a little bit of rigidity of the aluminum shell maybe? I don't know :ksc75smile:

hehehe... possible bro.. anything for you....

Mar 9, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #3,956 of 12,035
Those dots seem like snake oil to me!

Mar 9, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #3,957 of 12,035
3_000000083291.jpg

1_000000121018.jpg

3_000000083290.jpg

haha

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #3,959 of 12,035
20190309_152552.jpg The Korean weather is actually pretty nice today however I'm held up inside doing cable comparisons for all you lovely people. (please note I'm not the best at reviewing but here I go)

SLitz: Compared to the SE version of the same cable the soundstage does widen but just by a little, for some tracks I couldn't hear the difference and also was the same with separation. Now the bass did seem to be just a pinch deeper but not a real big difference, could only tell on bass heavy tracks. Now I don't have a problem with the mids, to me they are a little recessed but I like it that way, the balanced cable to me brings it forward and makes vocals sound a little better. The treble before didn't have that sparkle to me in SE but with the balanced, it's all there in its glory, similar to the Andromeda. Little to no microphonics

Ref 8: This cable changes the Solaris to more of a V-shape, the bass gets a nice and deep boost and the treble gets a cleaner sparkle. Easy to tell wider soundstage and better separation compared to SLitz. The mids take a step back but not too much to sound recessed or hollow. A good amount of microphonics can overpower quite tracks.

SCX 8: Another interesting change this time the Solaris has a warm sound signature with a fantastic upper treble sparkle. Out of the three, it has the best soundstage and separation, compared to the Slitz it is easier to hear the difference but compared to the Ref 8 the difference is less noticeable but still there. The one things that gets me is everything seems boosted, using the same DAP and not changing the volume compared to the other two everything is louder and I needed to turn it down by a little. The microphonics is a real big problem here, the noise can over power any song you listen to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back