Campfire - Solaris
Oct 30, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #485 of 12,035
You're in Paris as well?

It's Mollière not Molière like the famous author but I get that a lot :p

Ahah indeed :) Yeah I'm in Paris too. Avid vinyl collector here, which is also a very time consuming and expensive hobby when you like to dig the rarities !

I've gathered some really nice gems in the abstract-ambient-drone-experimental genres on Spotify. Would you do me the honor to try your babies out on a few tracks of this playlist ?

A few superb albums that I can recommend :

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto - Glass (or Vrioon, a masterpiece by the same two)
Alva Noto - Xerrox Vol. 3 (minimalistic, beautiful, hypnotic.)
Dedekind Cut - Tahoe
B/B/S - Palace
Deaf Center - Pale Ravine

Well, so far so good, lets add a little Skee Mask - Compro (beautiful electronica - glitchy - DnB LP by the natural heir of Aphex Twin. beautifully produced and mixed)

Rave on ! :man_dancing:

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #486 of 12,035
I ordered my Solaris on Sunday and they've already shipped, arriving tomorrow. Thanks for the upgraded shipping, Ken!

I'm looking forward to trying them out tomorrow night. My current favorite IEMs are the Andromeda (BA) and EX1000 (DD), thus I was very interested in the Solaris since it's a hybrid.

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #487 of 12,035
I ordered my Solaris on Sunday and they've already shipped, arriving tomorrow. Thanks for the upgraded shipping, Ken!

I'm looking forward to trying them out tomorrow night. My current favorite IEMs are the Andromeda (BA) and EX1000 (DD), thus I was very interested in the Solaris since it's a hybrid.
Yes they are SUPER FAST, I order my on Friday and pick free shipping, but they overnite for FREE

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #488 of 12,035
Can we talk about insertion/fit? I'm used to deep insertion on my ER4XR's using the triple-flange tips. I LOVE the fit and isolation (they sound pretty great too). I haven't found any triple-flange tips that will work with the CA wide bores. Best I've seen are the double-flange spinfits (thanks bvng3540!) but I'm a little concerned that I won't have time to figure out if the fit is right for me within the 15-day window to return them if they don't work out. So I'm interested in others' experience with this issue with Andros or Solaris. Thanks!

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #490 of 12,035
Can we talk about insertion/fit? I'm used to deep insertion on my ER4XR's using the triple-flange tips. I LOVE the fit and isolation (they sound pretty great too). I haven't found any triple-flange tips that will work with the CA wide bores. Best I've seen are the double-flange spinfits (thanks bvng3540!) but I'm a little concerned that I won't have time to figure out if the fit is right for me within the 15-day window to return them if they don't work out. So I'm interested in others' experience with this issue with Andros or Solaris. Thanks!
Before the arrival of the Solaris, CA in the progress of making custom tip, I know there one member got one from them, you might want to contact CA, I myself would like a pair of custom tips as well

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #491 of 12,035
Before the arrival of the Solaris, CA in the progress of making custom tip, I know there one member got one from them, you might want to contact CA, I myself would like a pair of custom tips as well

Worst case, there's always Snugs, which would be around $250 with the templates. But I'd rather not spend that if I'm already splurging on IEMs.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #492 of 12,035
Worst case, there's always Snugs, which would be around $250 with the templates. But I'd rather not spend that if I'm already splurging on IEMs.

I didn't know about Snugs, nice :)
I'd have to enquire about Solaris, as it's not listed yet (neither is Atlas by the way)

Edit : I sent them a request, we'll see!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #493 of 12,035
I didn't know about Snugs, nice :)
I'd have to enquire about Solaris, as it's not listed yet (neither is Atlas by the way)

True. But they do Andro, so I'd be surprised if they wouldn't do it.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #494 of 12,035
True. But they do Andro, so I'd be surprised if they wouldn't do it.

Sure, I'll ping them but I guess they need to have a Solaris at hand to build the template so that might take a bit of time (or maybe the Atlas since nozzle are apparently identical)

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #495 of 12,035
the widest bore triple flange is the one for mee pinnacle, it's slightly wider than the double flange spinfits, i use them with the andros when i am out and about and need a little more bass than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back