Campfire - Solaris
Oct 30, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #467 of 12,035
Cher Molière, fellow Parisian,
Can't wait for your first impressions. As an apprentice audiophile, I've been saving up a bit lately, in order to get my very first TOTL IEM.
In fact, I was just hesitating between Andromeda and Vega, but now I need to consider this beautiful Solaris... Might be the perfect road in between a "fun", engaging signature and a shining top end... Hurts the wallet tho ..

You're in Paris as well?

It's Mollière not Molière like the famous author but I get that a lot :p

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #469 of 12,035
For those interested in ordering but hesitant because of the backorder 3-5 day wait time, I ordered mine yesterday, and it's shipping out tomorrow.

CA is on top of their game :)

You're killing me here.... That was my reason for waiting....

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #470 of 12,035
For those interested in ordering but hesitant because of the backorder 3-5 day wait time, I ordered mine yesterday, and it's shipping out tomorrow.

CA is on top of their game :)
Holy!! Mine shipped too. ETA: Thursday or Friday.

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #471 of 12,035
Holy!! Mine shipped too. ETA: Thursday or Friday.

9E376E14-087C-4D30-8A86-6A8615DBE98F.gif

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #475 of 12,035
Oh my that's great news guys :)

A lot of impressions coming up!

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #476 of 12,035
I second this. I am looking for end-game hybrid and both EE Legend X and Solaris seem to tick the marks.
I currently owned both and sorry I wont give any feedback as if I do someone will disagree, so I will leave it up to the pro:ksc75smile:, but if I have to choose, I sure pick Solaris

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #479 of 12,035
I currently owned both and sorry I wont give any feedback as if I do someone will disagree, so I will leave it up to the pro:ksc75smile:, but if I have to choose, I sure pick Solaris

Disagreeing is not surprising or a bad thing :wink:
First it's all very subjective to the listener and preferences, we should all keep that in mind.
Second, it's a good thing to have several take on an IEM, I like to hear the good as well as the bad : none of them has them all.

Personally when I had a chance to get a listen of the Legend X I was surprisingly underwhelmed, probably the mids killed it for me.
I would maybe need a second chance, I am surprised that it didn't click.

From what I gather from first impressions of the Solaris, the signatures seem significantly different so it's not just a matter of X better than Y (as it's most of the time the case unless signature are very similar and pure technicalities make the split).

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #480 of 12,035
Disagreeing is not surprising or a bad thing :wink:
First it's all very subjective to the listener and preferences, we should all keep that in mind.
Second, it's a good thing to have several take on an IEM, I like to hear the good as well as the bad : none of them has them all.

Personally when I had a chance to get a listen of the Legend X I was surprisingly underwhelmed, probably the mids killed it for me.
I would maybe need a second chance, I am surprised that it didn't click.

From what I gather from first impressions of the Solaris, the signatures seem significantly different so it's not just a matter of X better than Y (as it's most of the time the case unless signature are very similar and pure technicalities make the split).
Solaris has more sparkle and refine bass compared to lx and that all I have to say about that:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back