Campfire - Solaris
Jun 26, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #11,792 of 12,035
Do anyone tested the Alo Audio Pilot? Unfortunatelly I found no tests and I would like to know how it is. I used the FiiO K9 Pro ESS with the Solaris Shrink Ray, Ara and Andromeda 2019 and I barely noticed a difference with the Apple Dongle - which is absurd! So, I'm asking if it would be different with the Alo Audio Pilot, and since I live in Germany I would pay much money for my curiosity without certanty.

Jun 26, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #11,793 of 12,035
Do anyone tested the Alo Audio Pilot? Unfortunatelly I found no tests and I would like to know how it is. I used the FiiO K9 Pro ESS with the Solaris Shrink Ray, Ara and Andromeda 2019 and I barely noticed a difference with the Apple Dongle - which is absurd! So, I'm asking if it would be different with the Alo Audio Pilot, and since I live in Germany I would pay much money for my curiosity without certanty.
Of course I tested. This is a very detailed and energetic device. However, if you use enough tasteful iems, the difference between different sources will be small. Especially if they are not radically different in their level.

Jun 26, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #11,794 of 12,035
Of course I tested. This is a very detailed and energetic device. However, if you use enough tasteful iems, the difference between different sources will be small. Especially if they are not radically different in their level.

Thank you for the reply.

Do you think that I could really notice an improvement over the Apple Dongle also if the Fiio K9 Pro ESS has a much, much better DAC than the ALO Audio Pilot and between the Apple Dongle and the FiiO I barely notice a difference? I know, it sounds paradox ...

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #11,795 of 12,035
Thank you for the reply.

Do you think that I could really notice an improvement over the Apple Dongle also if the Fiio K9 Pro ESS has a much, much better DAC than the ALO Audio Pilot and between the Apple Dongle and the FiiO I barely notice a difference? I know, it sounds paradox ...
What difference do you expect to hear?

Jun 27, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #11,796 of 12,035
What difference do you expect to hear?

Noticeable (!) more soundstage, imaging, definition, brightness… more of overall, but what I ear with the F9 Pro ESS compared to the Apple Dongle is a barely noticeable better soundstage and maybe imagining, and the latter costs 890€ less 😅. Strange is that I can ear a noticeable difference if I use my headphones or speakers, but again not with the IEMs!

Jun 27, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #11,797 of 12,035
Noticeable (!) more soundstage, imaging, definition, brightness… more of overall, but what I ear with the F9 Pro ESS compared to the Apple Dongle is a barely noticeable better soundstage and maybe imagining, and the latter costs 890€ less 😅. Strange is that I can ear a noticeable difference if I use my headphones or speakers, but again not with the IEMs!
I think it’s possibly a misconception to expect dramatically different qualities you mentioned just because one DAC costs 890€ more than the other. Or to the degree it’s noticeable, it may be less significant with what an IEM can do

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #11,798 of 12,035
I think it’s possibly a misconception to expect dramatically different qualities you mentioned just because one DAC costs 890€ more than the other. Or to the degree it’s noticeable, it may be less significant with what an IEM can do
I don't know, I had the opportunity to compare others stuffs with others dacs and I was able to ear a noticeable difference, for example: headphones and speakers with the Apple Dongle and FiiO Dac, Andromeda with the Oppo HA-2SE (I really liked it!).

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #11,799 of 12,035
I don't know, I had the opportunity to compare others stuffs with others dacs and I was able to ear a noticeable difference, for example: headphones and speakers with the Apple Dongle and FiiO Dac, Andromeda with the Oppo HA-2SE (I really liked it!).
I mean, I don’t know what else to tell you. You’re the one who is saying you don’t hear a difference and I’m simply saying that it may be incorrect to assume there always will be a significant difference

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #11,800 of 12,035
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 28, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #11,801 of 12,035
I have a chance to demo AK pathfinder and my solaris LE. IMHO, noticeably the bass’s ak has more punchy laid-back and deeper than sol. The comfort is very great due to the compact and small unit. Interestingly there are 3 ba and 2 dd (if I could recall) with this body, but it’s much smaller than solaris

Noted that the most surprising part is that i switch pathfinder’s stock cable with Solaris’s, it can pair very well with solaris. It sounds really great and beautiful

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #11,802 of 12,035
I have a chance to demo AK pathfinder and my solaris LE. IMHO, noticeably the bass’s ak has more punchy laid-back and deeper than sol. The comfort is very great due to the compact and small unit. Interestingly there are 3 ba and 2 dd (if I could recall) with this body, but it’s much smaller than solaris

Noted that the most surprising part is that i switch pathfinder’s stock cable with Solaris’s, it can pair very well with solaris. It sounds really great and beautiful
sounds like it's more of a sidegrade then?

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #11,803 of 12,035

How was the rest of the signature of the Pathfinder? Very excited for impressions and eventually reviews.

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #11,804 of 12,035
Bit late to the party but got the Solaris SE on ebay yesterday, very impressed with these, better than I thought they were going to be

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #11,805 of 12,035
Bit late to the party but got the Solaris SE on ebay yesterday, very impressed with these, better than I thought they were going to be

My favorite Solaris. Tempted to pick one up again just for nostalgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back