Campfire - Solaris
Jun 21, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #5,536 of 12,035
Anyone know where I can get Spiral Dot Tips in the UK ? I thought I had some but cant find them. Love to try them out on the Solaris :)
Another Happy Solaris Owner :)

Got mine Spiral Dot++ from Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07NX64RZJ/

Size is exactly the same as Final E type: I have a slight size difference between my ears and with both Final and Spiral I use medium for left ear and medium-large for right ear.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #5,537 of 12,035
Got mine Spiral Dot++ from Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07NX64RZJ/

Size is exactly the same as Final E type: I have a slight size difference between my ears and with both Final and Spiral I use medium for left ear and medium-large for right ear.
do you have the "normal" spiral dots too ? is there a difference ? the ++ version is insane expenisve for some tips.... at least here in germany the normal goes for around 15 euro and the ++ 52 euro

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #5,538 of 12,035
008AB05D-1592-4F8E-95D3-A9ECF95222D4.jpeg
Okay guys , I tried something to get perfect seal with spiral dots :)
Seems to work very well . Took carefully out the foam of the symbio w and inserted it into the spiral dots :) let’s take a listen and comparison to normal spirals :)

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #5,539 of 12,035
Okay guys , I tried something to get perfect seal with spiral dots :)
Seems to work very well . Took carefully out the foam of the symbio w and inserted it into the spiral dots :) let’s take a listen and comparison to normal spirals :)

I do this, it works great. I also like to put medium foams in with large symbios or spinfits. Works a treat

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #5,542 of 12,035
okay .. found a symbio w medium in my drawer. put the foam into a spiral dots L .
effect is the same but the tips are more comfy to use :) thanks for the great idea.
the combination sounds awesome with solaris ... maybe i should try the same with my legend x now :D

have a nice day all and enjoy the music :)

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #5,543 of 12,035
okay .. found a symbio w medium in my drawer. put the foam into a spiral dots L .
effect is the same but the tips are more comfy to use :) thanks for the great idea.
the combination sounds awesome with solaris ... maybe i should try the same with my legend x now :D

have a nice day all and enjoy the music :)

By far my favourite combination and the most comfortable is the symbio large with the medium foams! More comfortable for longer listening sessions and the best seal.

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #5,544 of 12,035
By far my favourite combination and the most comfortable is the symbio large with the medium foams! More comfortable for longer listening sessions and the best seal.
For me the spiral dots , gives a better sound with Solaris than the symbios , because the bore size is exactly the same as the nozzle .
Im very happy with the medium size foam in the L spirals . :)

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #5,545 of 12,035
For me the spiral dots , gives a better sound with Solaris than the symbios , because the bore size is exactly the same as the nozzle .
Im very happy with the medium size foam in the L spirals . :)
I keep on going back and forth between the symbio and the spiral dots... I find that the spiral dots give a sense of openness to all of the frequencies but some of the mid frequency definition and mid bass slam is lost in comparison to the symbio. I need to spend more time with the spiral dots to get used to the changes but I listen to a lot of rock and metal so that extra definition and slam given to the midrange is really hard to sacrifice for the airiness provided by the spiral dots. Ahh the joys of this hobby! This is why I always take reviews and recommendations with a pinch of salt unless I have some more background info on the reviewers preferences and gear.

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #5,546 of 12,035
I keep on going back and forth between the symbio and the spiral dots... I find that the spiral dots give a sense of openness to all of the frequencies but some of the mid frequency definition and mid bass slam is lost in comparison to the symbio. I need to spend more time with the spiral dots to get used to the changes but I listen to a lot of rock and metal so that extra definition and slam given to the midrange is really hard to sacrifice for the airiness provided by the spiral dots. Ahh the joys of this hobby! This is why I always take reviews and recommendations with a pinch of salt unless I have some more background info on the reviewers preferences and gear.
I hear metal 99% of the time too :)

But that’s interesting. For me the spirals delivere a better slam ... maybe I get a better seal with them !? I dunno

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #5,547 of 12,035

Try the intro from Equilibrium - Unbesiegt for comparison. If you have this awesome track :)

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #5,548 of 12,035
I hear metal 99% of the time too :)

But that’s interesting. For me the spirals delivere a better slam ... maybe I get a better seal with them !? I dunno

Possibly! I imagine that the ear anatomy has a big part to do with changes in the sound based on tips etc. I get a good deal on both so I’ll have to do some further experimenting. The Solaris sound amazing with both so it is really a win-win situation either way! Also it might be worth trying the campfire silicon tips.... I find these to be a lot like the spiral dots but with little to no gap between the end of the Solaris bore and the end of the tip... by far the most comfortable tip (for me) and fits closer to the ear.

Jun 22, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #5,549 of 12,035
Of all the tips I have tried Spiral Dots are by far the best. I went a size smaller than what I usually wear, and boom!!! Instant magic. Isolation went through the roof, to the point where I listen to my music while driving with windows rolled down.
Almost no loss of details.
And yes, they let the music breathe, increase soundstage and micro details.
Best tips and well worth the money.

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #5,550 of 12,035
Hi,
Does someone have experience with LCD-XC? I use Campfire Atlas and am very fine with them, but looking for new experience. I'm considering Solaris and LCD-XC. Regarding LCD-XC I'm interested whether they are superior to mentioned IEMs (Atlas, Solaris)? I use LPGT as a source.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back