Campfire - Solaris
Jun 19, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #5,491 of 12,035
Has anyone found a DAP that has no hiss with the Solaris? I was looking at picking up the Kann Cube if this was the case. Currently running a M11, its great but in quiet songs the hiss does bother me. The only dac/amp that I have that is truly silent is the RME ADI 2 DAC and using the ifi ie match on said M11. On my samsung S10+ is quiet as well.

My A&Ultima SP1000Cu does not hiss on SE, at least not that I notice. My Fiio Q5 does hiss, the Mojo did hiss too. But the SP1000Cu is great with the Solaris. The same is true for the A&Futura SE100, no hiss that I noticed during normal listening

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #5,492 of 12,035
My A&Ultima SP1000Cu does not hiss on SE, at least not that I notice. My Fiio Q5 does hiss, the Mojo did hiss too. But the SP1000Cu is great with the Solaris. The same is true for the A&Futura SE100, no hiss that I noticed during normal listening
Test it , while you press Pause at a song or turn the Volume to 0

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #5,494 of 12,035
Just received my Solaris today, already rolled through several tips, the Final Type E, just say no, killer the bass and highs, quite a feat. Haven’t tried the included Gels, the included Foamies, were very good for the bass, but rolled the highs. So far my favorites are a small (apparently I have giant ears with small holes) Symbios, with a foamectomy, the highs are extended and sweet, a bit less bass, up next e the Symbios without surgery.

Play King Crimson’s “In the Court of the Crimson King” high res from Qobuz, huge soundstage, the Solaris is ideal for this pioneering Prog Rocker.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #5,495 of 12,035
Just received my Solaris today, already rolled through several tips, the Final Type E, just say no, killer the bass and highs, quite a feat. Haven’t tried the included Gels, the included Foamies, were very good for the bass, but rolled the highs. So far my favorites are a small (apparently I have giant ears with small holes) Symbios, with a foamectomy, the highs are extended and sweet, a bit less bass, up next e the Symbios without surgery.

Play King Crimson’s “In the Court of the Crimson King” high res from Qobuz, huge soundstage, the Solaris is ideal for this pioneering Program Rocker.

Great album! I'm a big fan of the Larks'/Starless/Red era :)

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #5,496 of 12,035
Great album! I'm a big fan of the Larks'/Starless/Red era :)

Yes indeed, I’m so happy they are finally re-releasing their Albums and their available in hi res on Qobuz! I have Red playing in a loop, it is the designated burn in album.

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #5,497 of 12,035
Cowon plenue L , no hiss
The Cowon Plenue L looked like possible what i want but have some glaring things that make me turn away from it. I mean at the end of 2018 you have a player that is micro usb that doesn't have quick charge so 4 hours to charge for 9 hours of play? That's way too slow. And speaking about slow the processor is a 1.2GHz ARM Cortex. I understand its enough to run as a pure player but at this price and time I would expect a little more.

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #5,498 of 12,035
The Cowon Plenue L looked like possible what i want but have some glaring things that make me turn away from it. I mean at the end of 2018 you have a player that is micro usb that doesn't have quick charge so 4 hours to charge for 9 hours of play? That's way too slow. And speaking about slow the processor is a 1.2GHz ARM Cortex. I understand its enough to run as a pure player but at this price and time I would expect a little more.
You need about 3h to charge . I do it over night :wink: you get around 10h playtime.
Yeah the usb sucks ..
Ui is quite smooth enough :)

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #5,499 of 12,035
I don't get any hiss on the DX220 stock amp or the Poly/mojo or the ak70MkII. Or it could be my ears :).

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #5,500 of 12,035
Damn, these only have about 5 hours on them, playing Richard Thompson’s “Celtic Schmeltic.” Damn, he and his Son doing “A Heart Needs a Home” is eargasmic!!!!
Using a HiBy R6 with the ifi iem match (lowering the resistance does change the sound, ahem that’s the point), deep black background, Richard, Teddy, and their guitars in their own space and place, beautiful. The only “iem” I’ve heard with a much bigger stage was the i20 (though I gave up on those fragile pieces of poop).

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #5,502 of 12,035
Hoss, they are more comfortable than I thought they’d be, the weight isn’t an issue at all. As far as fit, the memory wire drives me nuts, but they seem to sit well, though I’m still not moving around a lot.

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #5,505 of 12,035
actually, don't... if he enjoy it, continue...
I am envy to person that can neglect the Hiss noise... because there are some that have ear that not sensitive... but in my point, its great...
IMO

Yes, I’m discovering that hiss is meh to me, music on its mostly gone. However, I do find the ifi iem match changes the sound for the better, on the low setting. Blacker backgrounds, better imaging, n high it’s too much of a good thing and does negatively impact transits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back