Campfire - Solaris
Jun 18, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #5,477 of 12,035
Hi Fokta,

I prefer all my IEM cable is terminated with 2.5mm Balanced as I have adapter CA02 to convert to 4.4 balanced. With this approach, it can cater most of the port that DAP offer. At least for now.

I listened to my DX221 since May and I never feel want to swap to AMP 8 as I feel the sound is more details and layered, Yea, this is the sound I looking for. Until last week, my itchy hand replace AMP 1MKII to AMP8, Arrr... The details of the sound is not as par as MK II, but I get more bass. Just about 10 minutes of listening, I decided to swap back to AMP1 MKII.

Now waiting more review on AMP 9 and decide later going to buy or not.

Tips: Taobao store usually they selling AMP with 40 discount. Find those official seller from iBasso.
similar like u, all my balance cable is 4.4, assuming I will be long using AMP8... but the story is different... I have Fiio and custome adapter 4.4 to 2.5... but it add color and add weight... so prefer 2.5 terminate...

a college offered to try AMP8 mod. try it... still not my cup of tea...

for me, Solaris have to be pair with neutral DAP...

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #5,478 of 12,035
similar like u, all my balance cable is 4.4, assuming I will be long using AMP8... but the story is different... I have Fiio and custome adapter 4.4 to 2.5... but it add color and add weight... so prefer 2.5 terminate...

a college offered to try AMP8 mod. try it... still not my cup of tea...

for me, Solaris have to be pair with neutral DAP...
What kind of color do it add ?
Im considering to buy these adapter too ...

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #5,479 of 12,035
What kind of color do it add ?
Im considering to buy these adapter too ...
just consider this adapter is additional Ohm... so some fell the bass is less punchy or the high seems smooth... but there's will be some song heard perfect... can be positive also negative...
The coloring is very small margin, but noticeable...

Example, like mine, I felt the bass is less punchy... not much different in rumble... IMO...

but despite the coloring... the adaptor is very usefull... I have 3 of these...

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #5,480 of 12,035
just consider this adapter is additional Ohm... so some fell the bass is less punchy or the high seems smooth... but there's will be some song heard perfect... can be positive also negative...
The coloring is very small margin, but noticeable...

Example, like mine, I felt the bass is less punchy... not much different in rumble... IMO...

but despite the coloring... the adaptor is very usefull... I have 3 of these...
Okay , thanks . I think that’s okay , would be for my to go dap :)

Jun 18, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #5,481 of 12,035
Has anyone found a DAP that has no hiss with the Solaris? I was looking at picking up the Kann Cube if this was the case. Currently running a M11, its great but in quiet songs the hiss does bother me. The only dac/amp that I have that is truly silent is the RME ADI 2 DAC and using the ifi ie match on said M11. On my samsung S10+ is quiet as well.

Jun 18, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #5,482 of 12,035
Has anyone found a DAP that has no hiss with the Solaris? I was looking at picking up the Kann Cube if this was the case. Currently running a M11, its great but in quiet songs the hiss does bother me. The only dac/amp that I have that is truly silent is the RME ADI 2 DAC and using the ifi ie match on said M11. On my samsung S10+ is quiet as well.
Cowon plenue L , no hiss

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #5,483 of 12,035
Or you could just pick up an iFi IEM Match, and keep your current DAP.

Jun 18, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #5,485 of 12,035
Already have the IEM match (both 3.5mm and 2.5mm). It alters the sound coming out.

It’s supposed to, for the better hopefully, sorry if your experience has been otherwise.

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #5,486 of 12,035
Already have the IEM match (both 3.5mm and 2.5mm). It alters the sound coming out.
try the cowon u get the same dac as kann cube ( single not dual ) ,black background and sounds awesome with solaris especially with the new cable and 4.4. out
you get better file support also :) try and love it :D

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #5,487 of 12,035

The sp1000 is great with Solaris. No hiss for me .

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #5,488 of 12,035
DX221 MK2... Waterfall Hiss... it will be unnoticeable when the song play...
zero Hiss in even high Gain is LPGT... based on my exp.
AK also good in manage Hiss...

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #5,490 of 12,035
I have a Sony NW-ZX300, and it has a very slight hiss. IEMatch on Ultra totally removes it from the 3.5. I usually listen on the 4.4 balanced but don't notice the hiss when playing anything. Both are on high gain in the settings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back