Campfire - Solaris
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #3,151 of 12,035
Ok this post got me out of my mole hole.

Toom, Oh man awesome post. They say a picture says a 1000 words but your expression says another 100 or so nice montage sir. So happy your liking them and took the chance with CFA.

Candlejack, Regarding the burn in discussions, I understand your views here. We kind of think that the process and experiences of the process of burn in is a something we felt that we do not want to take away from the customer more so than it being not feasible physically for us to pre burn them in. I do hope everyone understands this and is ok with that. Sure I mean we could I suppose pre burn everything in but it would really increase the cost and output of my shop. Again we feel that the changes over the burn in should be something that customers experience and I personally see it also as good subtle ear sharpening if you will. The other question I saw was that we do not list how to properly burn them in. Fair enough, we did not want to make a big deal out of the burn in issue since they will get there thought normal play, moreover the Solaris should sound great right out of the box. We also know that we have a lot of customers who are not Head-fi peeps or rather not as knowledgeable in super hifi and did not want to add un due complexities to the sport. The how to is pretty easy and I had posted this over the years but I am sure it now is in some ancient strata with in the forum :wink: set your DAP to repeat all, play at normal levels for 3 - 5+ days... or just enjoy than as normal and enjoy the +++ over the fist few weeks.

There was a few very old posts asking to see a freq of before and after. Just wanted to elaborate on that for a sec, first I am not a fan of measurements as a distraction, for many reasons. I have never seen a freq measurement that shows any difference between a pre and post brunt in IEM. Freq measurements are actually is a pretty crude capture of what a IEM is doing and your ear is far more sensitive. I would put FAR more weight on what you hear vs what you see.

Thank you,

Kb

Ken, it should be me thanking you, mate - for being such a legend and producing such an epic sounding iem. Truly, it turns eveything I put through it to ear nectar. Bravo, sir.

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #3,152 of 12,035
Custom Art shipped my custom ear tips so next week I’ll be able to provide some very interesting feedback (hopefully) on how custom tips affect the Solaris SQ and a review update ... I have enquired with JD at ALO about the Gold 16 as well so I could also provide some feedback on Gold cable on Gold IEM @KB :D

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #3,153 of 12,035
Custom Art shipped my custom ear tips so next week I’ll be able to provide some very interesting feedback (hopefully) on how custom tips affect the Solaris SQ and a review update ... I have enquired with JD at ALO about the Gold 16 as well so I could also provide some feedback on Gold cable on Gold IEM @KB :D
I want to hear about this pretty badly haha XD

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #3,154 of 12,035
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #3,155 of 12,035

Bling it on!

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #3,160 of 12,035
Jan 18, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #3,161 of 12,035
Jan 18, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #3,163 of 12,035
It's up to you David. You know you want to. :)

There is a lof of things I want to and don’t do (that should be scary given all the things I do go for :p).

What I want is a cable that can push the Solaris and FW10000 where they can go... the mising piece right now.
PW 1960 4 wire I have heard and now it would be mind blowing but it’s insane pricing... I have a hunch a copper / gold alliance with the ALO touch is simply amazing. This cable has no reviews but I think it’s a hidden gem waiting to get the public it deserves... just a hunch...

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #3,164 of 12,035
There is a lof of things I want to and don’t do (that should be scary given all the things I do go for :p).

What I want is a cable that can push the Solaris and FW10000 where they can go... the mising piece right now.
PW 1960 4 wire I have heard and now it would be mind blowing but it’s insane pricing... I have a hunch a copper / gold alliance with the ALO touch is simply amazing. This cable has no reviews but I think it’s a hidden gem waiting to get the public it deserves... just a hunch...
David,

I would recommend Triton 8 if you want even more greater clarity and resolution but at the expense of losing some 3D effect. I have PW1960 4 core and I still think Triton 8 is one of better price to value cable. It’s affordable at $199 and the one I have is copper/ silver cable. Bass is tightened and clarity + resolution is increased by huge margin, I think easily 20% or more. This cable will thin out some of the thicker sounding iem like Phantom or Prelude. Try it, I think you’ll be surprised in a good way

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #3,165 of 12,035
I have some spare Neotech 24 awg Ag/Au hookup wire kicking around from some old DIY jobs. I might make a 4 wire cable for the solaris. Hard to beat that wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back