Campfire - Solaris
Oct 27, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #182 of 12,035
well I got my andromedas from Germany, so I reckon they will be available at some point there as well.
I rather not pay exta because of import duties in Belgium being 21%.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #183 of 12,035
Why Only for usa not enough in stock?
Or why?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #184 of 12,035
It would be really interesting to compare the Solaris with the Sony Z1Rs as these two will likely fall in the same price range where I live. Also hearing rumblings about Noble working on a hybrid IEM as well...Hybrid Wars?:ksc75smile:
I have a theory about them hybrids:

119087823.jpg

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #185 of 12,035
Or why?

As I said, doesn't make sense or the only way it would is if it means available at local retailers...

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #186 of 12,035
Or why?
Most likely Ken wanted to launch the Solaris at the 2018 Fall Tokyo Headphone Festival, and it just came down to how much stock he would be able to have ready to go on launch day.

Also, by initially limiting sales to CA's own US online storefront, it reduces the chance of any leaks getting out about upcoming products.

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #188 of 12,035
Or why?

As I said, doesn't make sense or the only way it would is if it means available at local retailers...

Just a guess, so don't take this as any sort of insider knowledge, but CA usually produce their IEMs in batches. The first run of the Andro SS sold out immediately, so imagine they are/were betting on the Solaris doing the same. If batch two isn't ready until December, makes sense they would only sell it themselves first - maximises the quick profit / return on the first batch selling direct so they can plow more cash into making more of these to send to the dealers.

Just a guess, like I said. Remember CA are still only a relatively small company in real terms.

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #189 of 12,035
davidmolliere so you sold all of your full size headphones and now you use only in ears?

Yes I did, full size headphone don't get enough playtime, especially open back. IEMs are so good now, no need for them :p

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #191 of 12,035
Yes I did, full size headphone don't get enough playtime, especially open back. IEMs are so good now, no need for them :p

Some IEMs don't even need an amp or even a TOTL DAP to shine their best. Synergy preference between DAPs and IEM is much more emphasized in this field IMO.

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #192 of 12,035
Some IEMs don't even need an amp or even a TOTL DAP to shine their best. Synergy preference between DAPs and IEM is much more emphasized in this field IMO.
The big reason I was attracted to iems from the get go was convenience, isolation, and once you get a good DAP, no more amp/dac hunting. Made things simpler than full-sized with many amps and sources, which overwhelmed me.

Still, iems are in your head vs the full-sized out of your head holography (with openbacks). Something about sound waves rushing to your ears is still better than only canals. Iems I find stand on it's own due to more precise way of them being tuned I think. You find more of them tuned tonally well. I think full-sized are harder to contol the tuning, and with BAs, tuners have better control. I also find iems can provide more nuanace sounds of details.

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #193 of 12,035
20181027_113213.jpg

The gem has arrived, out of the box it sounded great, tonality of andro but not the visceral slam of the vega/atlas that I was hoping for, but overall everything sound fantastic, it a very sensitive iem, as everyone know empire ears iem are very sensitive and has issues with hiss, there no hiss whatsoever with Solaris, for example lx is volume at 5, phantom at 2 and Solaris is at 1, this is from my sony zx300

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #194 of 12,035

The gem has arrived, out of the box it sounded great, tonality of andro but not the visceral slam of the vega/atlas that I was hoping for, but overall everything sound fantastic, it a very sensitive iem, as everyone know empire ears iem are very sensitive and has issues with hiss, there no hiss whatsoever with Solaris, for example lx is volume at 5, phantom at 2 and Solaris is at 1, this is from my sony zx300

How would you compare the treble of the Solaris to the Andromeda? I’m looking to a sparkly treble IEM to compliment my LX and the Andro, Solaris, among 64 Audio offerings are on my watch list.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #195 of 12,035
How would you compare the treble of the Solaris to the Andromeda? I’m looking to a sparkly treble IEM to compliment my LX and the Andro, Solaris, among 64 Audio offerings are on my watch list.

+1

I owned the Andros for a while and really enjoyed the treble, just felt like it lacked weight/impact. If this has mids/treble that's close to the Andros but with more weight then I'll be ordering ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back