Campfire Dorado 2020
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #1,067 of 1,452
i don't too, but i remember reading some impressions saying the notes are thicker with less seperation, so maybe.

Here is @twister6's comparison between the Duo and the Solaris 2020:

"Overall tonality and signature quite different as well, with Duo being warmer, smoother, and U-shaped, while Solaris being brighter, more revealing, and balanced with more mid-forward emphasis. Duo’s bass definitely scales up in weight with sub-bass rumble being more elevated and digging in deeper, and with a stronger mid-bass impact, making Solaris bass sound almost neutral in comparison. With mids, Duo has more body and warmer tonality in comparison to leaner body and brighter and more revealing upper mids of Solaris. And the same with treble, Duo being clear and more natural, while Solaris being brighter and harsher in comparison to Duo. So, again, if you want a more revealing micro-detailed holographic sound, Solaris is a better choice here, while Duo delivers and more natural, detailed, smoother sound with a more analog bass and more intimate presentation of the sound."

This captures the essence of the main differences between Duo & Solaris and Dorado is way more similar to the Duo than to the Solaris imho

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #1,069 of 1,452
I am thinking on these for a gift to a friend who has already the Andromeda? Do you think the Dorado are complementary to the Andromeda?
This isnt from personal experience, but rather my own research, the Dorado should compliment it really well. It's very different, much more organic and exciting, while the Andromeda is more laid back. Not as technical but I think the bass alone will impress compared to the Andromeda.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #1,071 of 1,452
Some props to my favourite Campfire IEM, paired here with a PW #5 cable through the Astell & Kern SR25 MKii.

B4802B6A-AE1B-4358-9F2F-2DC89326BEA0.jpg

Jan 10, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #1,073 of 1,452
shameless self plug:
letting my dorado 2020 go because i'm getting the solaris 2020 soon and am willing to quit audio. price is 700 usd.
The dorado 2020 and Solaris 2020 are quite different, so make sure first this is what you're looking for.

While the Solaris 2020 is objectively a better sounding IEM, the Dorado is more fun and has that bass that's addicting.

Try auditioning first :)

Jan 10, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #1,074 of 1,452
The dorado 2020 and Solaris 2020 are quite different, so make sure first this is what you're looking for.

While the Solaris 2020 is objectively a better sounding IEM, the Dorado is more fun and has that bass that's addicting.

Try auditioning first :)
my plunge audio customs are basically dorado 2020 on crack, heroin, and every other drug in the book. also a strong V shape.. so i'm definitely good in that department :)

Jan 16, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #1,076 of 1,452
Some props to my favourite Campfire IEM, paired here with a PW #5 cable through the Astell & Kern SR25 MKii.

It’s been a while since I’ve been on this thread, but now I’m considering the Dorado 2020s again. You’re still lovin’ them it appears?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #1,077 of 1,452
It’s been a while since I’ve been on this thread, but now I’m considering the Dorado 2020s again. You’re saying it’s your favorite CA IEM?

Yup, with some caveats. It's a niche IEM to be sure but it's suits my preferences to a T.

Jan 16, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #1,079 of 1,452
There is a ridiculously good sale at The Headphone Bar in Vancouver and it has me thinking.

My only hesitation is that I only have the Sony NW-ZX507 and it doesn’t have enough power for the Dorado/not good synergy.

I do love the Dorado though.

Jan 19, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #1,080 of 1,452
solaris 2020 arrived, safe to say it's a step up from the dorado unless you absolutely need a bass monster.

presentation is awfully similar between the two when fit is good.

solaris trades the huge bass for a much more precise and detailed bass, with stronger hits

mids get the most priority in tuning, as thick as the dorado mids, altho more detailed and revealing, the bass being leaner especially helps them shine, makes everything feel cleaner.

highs are highs, dorado's treble works for dorado and solaris' works for solaris, i'm no treble expert so can't really talk about this one.

imaging is much better in my opinion on the solaris.

both are lovely sets :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back