Campfire Dorado 2020
Jan 19, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #1,081 of 1,452
anyone else Dorado 2020 develop fault in one of the IEMs?
My left hand one volume has become VERY low so on normal listening music level my right one sounds normal but left sounds like nothing coming from it.
I am using non stock cable so tried stock cable and same issue.
how good are CA if you are in UK but bought from Hong Kong in terms of replacement?

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #1,086 of 1,452
Relax buddy.

What do you want them to do? Fly to your house and repair it while you watch?

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #1,087 of 1,452
they said gotta send them and they will repair.
will be expensive sending insured for £1000 to US!

I wouldn't bother with insurance personally. That said did you buy them new? Or are you in contact with whoever did? The retailer should take care of shipping them for the repair etc.

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #1,089 of 1,452
Yeah brand new.
The retailer is in Hong Kong though they said it will be faster to ship to US.

Oh snap-- well not to be the bearer of bad news but that's a risk you take ordering from an overseas retailer. I ordered my Zen Pro direct from Asia and absorbed the same risk.

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #1,091 of 1,452
Here goes nothing.... Just ordered on sale from that shop in Vancouver.

I'm coming from a pair of 1more quad drivers, which I've had for like 4 years and still like. Recently made the mistake of wondering what had happened in the earbud world since 2018 lol. Landed here because of Darko and you all.

Jan 26, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,092 of 1,452
I have both the Dorado and the Honeydew and imho yes they are. Dorado has a lot more clarity (in general) and sparkle (up top, thanks to the BA) and the bass is also denser, deeper better extended & more refined. Honeydew is great for the price but the Dorado 2020 is a step up pretty much across the board imho.
I finally found the Dorado 2020 at a good price in Europe! Used less than 10 hours so pretty much new!

I'm excited to listen to them! I usually don't do blind buys so I hope I will like them. (for reference, I loved the OG Vega but the fit was average for me)

Jan 27, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #1,093 of 1,452
Really appreciated all the impressions and notes on these 'buds from everyone here, so I'll add mine in case it helps anybody.

IMG_4047.jpg

Searching
I listened to a bunch of random options (very, very briefly) in local shops. Trying out earbuds ain't easy!? (Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto were cool though.) I heard Bravado Mk2, Mk1, Fiio FH7, Campfire Andromeda 2020, Holocene, Ara, Shrink Ray, Vega. Of those, Bravado Mk2 and Campfire Ara jumped out. Bravado for dat bass, but Ara for the way voices jumped out and sounded spooky real. Two totally different options. Still a bit lost. Frustrated by frequency graphs. Took a blind leap on the new Dorados....

Gear
Basic stuff. Paired with an iPhone, Spotify, and 1) apple dongle 2) dragonfly red 3) RME ADI2 DAC from my home stereo. Looking for something to upgrade 1more quad driver from 2018. I've only tried the stock foam tips so far, and I'm not an expert, which I'm sure is obvious.

Dorado 2020s
After maybe 20 hours, they sound thick n' juicy, crunchy, warm, expansive. Reminds me of Samin Nosrat's book-turned-show: Salt Fat Acid Heat. They've got all the flavours in balance, but definitely more salt and fat, if that makes any sense? So rich. Whatever it is, they have a sound I'm beginning to crave. Cola Boyy, T. Rex, 24 Carat Black "Slipping Away," Kokoroko, Charlotte Day Wilson, TOBi, Jesus and Mary Chain, John Carroll Kirby, Destroyer and this: -- all of it just sounds so good, underpinned by that sweet, sweet bass. It's never overwhelming, or too bloomy.

Only album I've heard that doesn't totally sound right on these is U.S. Girls "Half Free". Sounded messy, bloated. Switching from Apple dongle to Dragonfly Red brought some order to the chaos though. Was also concerned about treble peaks, harshness I'd seen on graphs (and kinda heard on the Solaris 2020/Shrink Ray) but Dorado has none on most tracks. Or maybe it's just balanced by the bass? Drum hits on Frank Ocean's Nikes can sound super piercing, but not on these 'buds.

Long story short, I love listening to music on the Dorados. Highly recommended by me, a random new forum poster.

Question (more bad ideas)
Okay, okay I know. But, has anyone heard an IEM that mixes the wallop and weight of the Dorado 2020 with the spooky-real vocals of the Ara? Because that would be pretty, pretty, prettyyyy cool.

Jan 27, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #1,094 of 1,452
Awesome impressions man. Dorado isn't for everyone, but if it hits for you there's not a lot out there that can touch it at what it does.

Really appreciated all the impressions and notes on these 'buds from everyone here, so I'll add mine in case it helps anybody.

Searching
I listened to a bunch of random options (very, very briefly) in local shops. Trying out earbuds ain't easy!? (Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto were cool though.) I heard Bravado Mk2, Mk1, Fiio FH7, Campfire Andromeda 2020, Holocene, Ara, Shrink Ray, Vega. Of those, Bravado Mk2 and Campfire Ara jumped out. Bravado for dat bass, but Ara for the way voices jumped out and sounded spooky real. Two totally different options. Still a bit lost. Frustrated by frequency graphs. Took a blind leap on the new Dorados....

Wow-- you're the first person I've encountered who's heard the Shrink Ray-- how is it, especially relative to other versions of the Solaris?

Gear
Basic stuff. Paired with an iPhone, Spotify, and 1) apple dongle 2) dragonfly red 3) RME ADI2 DAC from my home stereo. Looking for something to upgrade 1more quad driver from 2018. I've only tried the stock foam tips so far, and I'm not an expert, which I'm sure is obvious.

Dorado 2020s
After maybe 20 hours, they sound thick n' juicy, crunchy, warm, expansive. Reminds me of Samin Nosrat's book-turned-show: Salt Fat Acid Heat. They've got all the flavours in balance, but definitely more salt and fat, if that makes any sense? So rich. Whatever it is, they have a sound I'm beginning to crave. Cola Boyy, T. Rex, 24 Carat Black "Slipping Away," Kokoroko, Charlotte Day Wilson, TOBi, Jesus and Mary Chain, John Carroll Kirby, Destroyer and this: -- all of it just sounds so good, underpinned by that sweet, sweet bass. It's never overwhelming, or too bloomy.

Only album I've heard that doesn't totally sound right on these is U.S. Girls "Half Free". Sounded messy, bloated. Switching from Apple dongle to Dragonfly Red brought some order to the chaos though. Was also concerned about treble peaks, harshness I'd seen on graphs (and kinda heard on the Solaris 2020/Shrink Ray) but Dorado has none on most tracks. Or maybe it's just balanced by the bass? Drum hits on Frank Ocean's Nikes can sound super piercing, but not on these 'buds.

Long story short, I love listening to music on the Dorados. Highly recommended by me, a random new forum poster.

If you have the means get a hold of a Shanling M8 or a Cayin RU6-- both are amazing and bring out the best of the Dorado 2020.

Question (more bad ideas)
Okay, okay I know. But, has anyone heard an IEM that mixes the wallop and weight of the Dorado 2020 with the spooky-real vocals of the Ara? Because that would be pretty, pretty, prettyyyy cool.

Vision Ears EXT is the IEM you want :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back