Campfire Dorado 2020
Nov 2, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #1,051 of 1,452
I would second @Tristy's comment that the Dorado is basically refinement/upgrade of the Atlas and is currently Campfire's v-shaped/high contrast option....and the mids, particularly lower mids, are quite prominent, at least more so than you often get with v-shaped monitors. Based on what you've said I think you'll enjoy it.

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,052 of 1,452
No problem! It can get confusing and without hearing any of them or researching on this forum there is really no way of knowing.

Ok, yeah I would also say that the Dorados are the way to go based off of what you're saying. The Vega 2020 is literally the epitome of an L shaped sound signature so that might be a no go for you, it's pretty niche and quite a smooth signature, nothing like the Atlas or Dorado 2020 for that matter. I would say that the Dorado 2020 is actually more of a W shaped sound sig though, although it has big bass, mids and treble are also very well represented. The Atlas is a definite V but I did feel that the Dorado 2020 improved upon everything that the Atlas had to offer... kind of like a more mature version of it.

Nov 3, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #1,054 of 1,452
dorado 2020 is seriously so comfort it makes me think about the solaris 2020, anyone here tried the solaris 2020 in comparison?
I have both, but I'd have to listen to them both back to back in order to give a more accurate response. I've reviewed both, so it's possible I might have compared them in my reviews, but right now I honestly can't remember :sweat_smile:
I'm in the middle of finishing up a review of the UM Fusang, so I won't have time to do this right now. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

I remember a couple of weeks ago, I was listening to the Dorado 2020 a lot.
Then I switched to the Solaris 2020 at one point. Now, my recollections may be inaccurate, so please take this with a grain of salt, but I seem to recall being struck by how the Solaris 2020 sounded comparatively more 'neutral-reference' than the Dorado 2020, with noticeably better technical performance. I say 'neutral-reference' to mean a *comparatively* more linear signature and more separation, detail retrieval etc. But I would not actually describe the Solaris 2020 as 'neutral-reference'. I love it, but that's not what it's about and thank goodness for that :D

However, I'm pretty brain-fogged right now honestly and I might be confusing things in my memory so, yeah, I'll try to do a proper A/B comparison sometime soon! :D

Nov 6, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,055 of 1,452
Did anyone try the Radius deep mount tips with these. I think this is the absolute best pairing. Makes the stage more 3D to my ears and the treble opens up a bit.

Nov 7, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,057 of 1,452
Did anyone try the Radius deep mount tips with these. I think this is the absolute best pairing. Makes the stage more 3D to my ears and the treble opens up a bit.

I have some of those...could never get a seal with any IEM I tried them with. My preferred tips for the Dorado 2020 are the Sednafit Crystals.

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #1,058 of 1,452
I didn't have much luck finding these. Where can you get them in the US? I think I'd like to try them.

Nov 8, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #1,059 of 1,452
I have some of those...could never get a seal with any IEM I tried them with. My preferred tips for the Dorado 2020 are the Sednafit Crystals.
It"s a shame, I really like them with Dorado. I was using the Crystals before.

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,061 of 1,452
I bought them from Amazon.jp , they will ship anywhere.
I will look. Amazon.us only had one offering from Radius, and it wasn't that.

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #1,063 of 1,452
dorado 2020 really does not let down, every session is a joy, i'm surprised at how good these bad boys handle jazz and metal. solaris 2020 on the way but it's gonna take a lot to beat these.

Solaris is great and all but it's a totally different sort of experience. For my money and taste the Dorado 2020 is the superior IEM-- it shoots well above its price and is one of the most underrated IEMS on the market right now imho.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #1,065 of 1,452

Users who are viewing this thread

Back