Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #767 of 1,063
Anyone hear the Pathfinder and Bonneville and have comparisons?

Mar 5, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #769 of 1,063
maybe I missed this info, and not sure if this a dumb question, but is the Fathom painted?

Mar 5, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #771 of 1,063
Anyone selling the Campfire Audio Cascara blue let me know
cheers
you can create a WTB post in the classifieds

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #773 of 1,063
Having dialed in my perfect combination with the Tangzu TangSanCai tips and the FiiO LC-RE Pro 2022 with its Gold+Silver+Copper Hybrid configuration they now sound superb and worthy of the price.
I tried this exact combination yesterday and wow. Working Man by Rush became so much tighter in the low end, less bombastic, more tame; in a good way. but still with that exciting campfire flavour I find their IEMs have. This is a great combo.

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #774 of 1,063
I tried this exact combination yesterday and wow. Working Man by Rush became so much tighter in the low end, less bombastic, more tame; in a good way. but still with that exciting campfire flavour I find their IEMs have. This is a great combo.
Rush sound amazing on the Cascara as does most rock of the era these are classic rock monsters 😎🤘🤘👹

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #775 of 1,063
Rush sound amazing on the Cascara as does most rock of the era these are classic rock monsters 😎🤘🤘👹
I listen to all sorts of classic rock! But I'll show my age and recommend RHCP's 2014 remasters of Blood Sugar Sex Magik, By The Way, & Californication, in addition to Sublime's anniversary albums!
Love me some Zepp, Dire Straights, Cream (Clapton in general, but his "The Lady In the Balcony: Lockdown Sessions (Live)" was a masterpiece, I even got it on vinyl)

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #776 of 1,063
This hobby has been a monumental journey for me over the past few years. I've owned dozens of IEMs, sources and cables and demoed many more than that, on occasions owning upwards of 10 different IEMs at once. Ever since hearing this particular combo a few months ago everything sort of fell into place as I discovered the sound I'd been searching for this whole time. I've been slowly selling off different pieces of gear over the past few weeks and months settling on this as my one and only (along with the Bonneville as nice change of pace whenever I feel like it). This combo has it all for me and seems to have brought my perpetual search to a grinding halt for the time being.

80C8201D-1279-4290-86A9-474FCD6018E0.JPEG

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #777 of 1,063
This hobby has been a monumental journey for me over the past few years. I've owned dozens of IEMs, sources and cables and demoed many more than that, on occasions owning upwards of 10 different IEMs at once. Ever since hearing this particular combo a few months ago everything sort of fell into place as I discovered the sound I'd been searching for this whole time. I've been slowly selling off different pieces of gear over the past few weeks and months settling on this as my one and only (along with the Bonneville as nice change of pace whenever I feel like it). This combo has it all for me and seems to have brought my perpetual search to a grinding halt for the time being.

80C8201D-1279-4290-86A9-474FCD6018E0.JPEG
I never have the chance to hear the Trifecta, but I doubt if Bonneville is complementary with it, at least they share the CFA house sound in some way. I myself is still in the process of searching my ultimate sound, and I am often confused about what I am looking for since it is changing a lot over the time.

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #778 of 1,063
but I doubt if Bonneville is complementary with it, at least they share the CFA house sound in some way.

Sure, but Bonneville is a hybrid which to me makes it a fundamentally different beast than the all DD Trifecta...the two serve complimentary purposes in my collection...or at least they're the only two IEMs I've owned that I've not been able to part with. I had the Cascara for a bit and as much as I loved it that one for me was a little redundant alongside these two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back