Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Mar 3, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #751 of 1,152
Cross posting from the watercooler because i just want to share my love for the Cascara.
After living with the CASCARA for a few days I have to say it's probably the most tip and cable sensitive iem I own. Having dialed in my perfect combination with the Tangzu TangSanCai tips and the FiiO LC-RE Pro 2022 with its Gold+Silver+Copper Hybrid configuration they now sound superb and worthy of the price. This combination removed the bass bloom I experienced with stock cable and my usual tips of choice the divinis Velvets.
Guitars now bite with authority, drums sound full detailed Simply superb bass going low with great impact in the mid bass and the really surprising detailed rendition of vocals and treble detail.
Definitely I'm my top 5 DD iems.
Edit. Music listening Classic Rock, these iems make recordings from the 70s and 80s sound huge!
What classic rock do you play!?

Mar 3, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #752 of 1,152
What's the scale for 😉
Weighing the warehouse cats, of course. Except this scale only reads up to 16lb. A couple of them max it out, and we need to use the UPS scale. No rat problems though.

It’s actually a counting scale. You weigh a known number of small parts (10,20,50,100), the more the more accurate you get. Then when you weigh an unknown number of parts, it calculates the quantity based on weight. Handy for counting large quantities of small hardware like roll pins or screws.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #753 of 1,152
Weighing the warehouse cats, of course. Except this scale only reads up to 16lb. A couple of them max it out, and we need to use the UPS scale. No rat problems though.

It’s actually a counting scale. You weigh a known number of small parts (10,20,50,100), the more the more accurate you get. Then when you weigh an unknown number of parts, it calculates the quantity based on weight. Handy for counting large quantities of small hardware like roll pins or screws.
Also how I "cheat" at the command come Halloween with the "guess how much candy is in the jar". A little weight + some tape measurements of the jar's dimensions + a little math.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #754 of 1,152
@cats4cans Thank you so much! Unfortunately they won't fit me, *sigh*. Looks like maybe Campfire Fathom will be next on my list. On their official site it says that shipping will begin on the 7th of this month. From their pictures it looks good and it says it's made from "aluminum body anodized in a sleek, black, bright-dip" This could surely fit my ears.
I'll wait for others to post impressions about it's tuning before pulling the trigger.

Mar 4, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #755 of 1,152
Symbio foam tips + hybrid, Comply, Linsoul Tin foams, Ludos, Dekoni, Zotech hybrid, Xcessor FX, ... there are plenty of foams with different shape, material and density to roll ...
Cool, thanks.

I don't feel the need to correct anything about the Vega2020 (using standard Campfire foam tips) but I just ordered a Black Star so I might look into other tips if they sound strange...

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #756 of 1,152
Good way to wake up, Shipped
My 1st CA

Items in this shipment​

campfire-black-star-duologo_compact_cropped.jpg
Campfire Black Star × 1

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #757 of 1,152
IMG_5704.jpegDefinitely still digging on my rough, rugged and weathered Solaris 2020, with a brand-new TimeStream cable with the 4.4mm balanced termination.

Blending the old with the new! Nicely Done :)

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 4, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #759 of 1,152
We're out of stock on them and their production run is finished. But there are some dealers that still have them in stock, so you may want to check around. I think Bloom possibly has some but I'm not 100% on that.

*casually begs for a second batch later in the year*

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #760 of 1,152
wondering if anyone has compared the Cascara against the IE600 ? I own IE600 but miss the campfire sound
I had them both but not at same time, from memory I prefer the Cascara sound (much better bass layering) but prefer ie600 fit for my ears, I sold ie600 for Cascara basically. Selling most IEM's right now though as it is Over Ear season for me.

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #761 of 1,152
I had them both but not at same time, from memory I prefer the Cascara sound (much better bass layering) but prefer ie600 fit for my ears, I sold ie600 for Cascara basically. Selling most IEM's right now though as it is Over Ear season for me.
I'm thinking of selling my IE600 for the Cascara just missed some at a great price on the classifieds

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #762 of 1,152
What classic rock do you play!?
Music I listen to Hendrix, zep, Sabbath, thin lizzy, queen, Michael Shenker group, Rush, queensryche, jethro tull, iron maiden. Def leppard, whitesnake, van halen Heart through to Rammstien then there's Bowie, Prince, hall and oats 10cc, Jimmy Barnes John Waite, the baby's. Gary Niman. Fantastic negrito, white Bufallo. Shawn Mullins, whiskey myers, cadilac 3, Ryan Adams Yes, Marillion, fish, genesis, Peter Gabriel plus pop music of the 70s and 80s and some rnb and hiphop and MUSE!!!!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #763 of 1,152
Hello @CFA Chris

It looks like the Fathom is using 6 BA drivers from the Chromatic Series (Bonneville, Ponderosa), whereas the Andromeda ES is using the dual diaphragm Knowles 5 BA drivers. Is that an accurate statement?

Obviously, the Fathom is using the same shell as the Andromeda ES. For what it’s worth, the color scheme is incredible. Nailed that!

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #764 of 1,152
Good way to wake up, Shipped
My 1st CA

Items in this shipment​

campfire-black-star-duologo_compact_cropped.jpg
Campfire Black Star × 1
Nice, congratulations! Let us know your impressions :L3000:

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #765 of 1,152
Hello @CFA Chris

It looks like the Fathom is using 6 BA drivers from the Chromatic Series (Bonneville, Ponderosa), whereas the Andromeda ES is using the dual diaphragm Knowles 5 BA drivers. Is that an accurate statement?

Obviously, the Fathom is using the same shell as the Andromeda ES. For what it’s worth, the color scheme is incredible. Nailed that!
I was curious too. He answered to a degree here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fathom-from-campfire-audio-official-thread.971912/post-18002282

Users who are viewing this thread

Back