Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 14, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #1,232 of 1,295
I bought an original Andro and really liked it, nothing I had before, or since really, sounded like it. Sold it after a good few years cheap as it was getting moisture in it affecting the drivers one side but missed it so bought a 2019 version which sounds more bassy and, touch wood, hasn't had the moisture issue, but it doesn't quite have the sparkle and 'holographic' stage the original had, still sounds good though. None of the new stuff really tempts me, I can't imagine any will best my 2019.
I also love my 2019s! I use them constantly for both fun and professional use. They’re the perfect production iem; they sound like if you could put the barefoot footprints in your ears (must be the pdx connection 😊 🌹)

May 14, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #1,233 of 1,295
A few have experienced it especially in places that have a temperate climate. You could see beads of moisture on the nozzles, metal isn't really a good material for an iem imo.
I thought this was pretty common, you just need to prevent it from building up and getting into the internals. It’s usually not damaging to the product but is less than ideal. Or is it more severe than this?

May 15, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #1,234 of 1,295
Vega’20 plugged into Vali 3 ~ Gungnir combo is surreal, single DD magic. Along with ‘Supermoon’ - possibly little more power = liquid musically magic.
Well said, liquid musically magic describes the V20 so well.

I had the same experience when I plugged the V20 into the Violectric HPA V200 using my Mojo2 as a dac.

Every DD IEM with any semblance of a powerful low end will exhibit driver flex.
I've used my V20 for years and never experienced driver flex?

May 15, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #1,236 of 1,295
Well said, liquid musically magic describes the V20 so well.

I had the same experience when I plugged the V20 into the Violectric HPA V200 using my Mojo2 as a dac.

I've used my V20 for years and never experienced driver flex?
V20? a TRN V20? That driver is not a standard DD. Same as all the new "isobaric" chamber DD's, those aren't going to flex because they aren't exposed to the same volume of air outside of their enclosures. The TRN V20 is also not a bass monster which rolls off heavy below 60HZ peak response.

May 15, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #1,237 of 1,295
V20? a TRN V20? That driver is not a standard DD. Same as all the new "isobaric" chamber DD's, those aren't going to flex because they aren't exposed to the same volume of air outside of their enclosures. The TRN V20 is also not a bass monster which rolls off heavy below 60HZ peak response.
I think he meant Vega 2020 😅

May 15, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #1,239 of 1,295
It's the gold in a cooler shell.
It's the best version of the Andromeda of any generation/version IMO. All of the Andromeda benefits with additional foundation in the low end, really solid BA bass that's good for any genre.

Vocals are more "intimate" (at the ear) as opposed to diffuse or artificially wide/far away like the Solaris presents certain recordings (and ThieAudio presents all recordings, elbow wide but nose deep)

It is very good for It's price bracket but has been superseded in technicalities since the design was implemented in 2019.

Back then I would have described it as 90% of a U12T with an M15 module for 800$ less (MSRP). Now, I would describe it as a collectors item which can be a solid primary for anyone who primarily listens to classic rock/beck/John Mayer (you get the idea)
Have you heard Ponderosa by any chance? And can add to my comment about them reminding me about the Gold ti? I can find only one graph of the Gold online. That graph vs my super amateur graph of the Gold ti is not wery similar. It is of course different couplers, amps, tips and possibly cables, but anyhow. Wish I could hear and graph the Gold myself😅

May 15, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #1,241 of 1,295
Hey all, I wanted to chime in here to clear up some stuff re: Moon Rover. With the Munich show this past week, it was a challenge to keep everything flowing and get all the info dialed in and shared. I am still working on this while trying to get re-adjusted to being back on the west coast haha.

The site shows Moon Rover as 'sold out' but this is simply an artifact of not listing them as in stock, as they aren't released yet. So we haven't sold any units, they will go live on June 4th and many of our dealers will have them in stock as well.

Moon Rover is a more linear approach to our planar sound with a much more neutral approach than Supermoon. So if your looking for a Supermoon with less heat in the highs and flatter overall response, it will definitely be for you. We just previewed Moon Rover at HighEnd and it received a lot of great, positive response.

Lastly (this is more of my personal opinion) but I love the way they look. Subtle and industrial from a certain angle, and then the light catches them and shows off that color gradient, really awesome.

Let me know if you have more questions about it!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 15, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #1,243 of 1,295
Hey all, I wanted to chime in here to clear up some stuff re: Moon Rover. With the Munich show this past week, it was a challenge to keep everything flowing and get all the info dialed in and shared. I am still working on this while trying to get re-adjusted to being back on the west coast haha.

The site shows Moon Rover as 'sold out' but this is simply an artifact of not listing them as in stock, as they aren't released yet. So we haven't sold any units, they will go live on June 4th and many of our dealers will have them in stock as well.

Moon Rover is a more linear approach to our planar sound with a much more neutral approach than Supermoon. So if your looking for a Supermoon with less heat in the highs and flatter overall response, it will definitely be for you. We just previewed Moon Rover at HighEnd and it received a lot of great, positive response.

Lastly (this is more of my personal opinion) but I love the way they look. Subtle and industrial from a certain angle, and then the light catches them and shows off that color gradient, really awesome.

Would love your opinion on how moon rover would compare to fathom? Also how you think they would fair for professional use, or are they too colored. I’m currently using my 2019 andros as my working iems for reference.

Thanks!

P.S. I really wish that iems for producers page could come back and be updated. Really helpful for someone like me lol.

May 15, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #1,244 of 1,295
Have you heard Ponderosa by any chance? And can add to my comment about them reminding me about the Gold ti? I can find only one graph of the Gold online. That graph vs my super amateur graph of the Gold ti is not wery similar. It is of course different couplers, amps, tips and possibly cables, but anyhow. Wish I could hear and graph the Gold myself😅
Crinacle has a good measurement of older CFA iems on the old (non B&K) coupler! Problem is you'll have to get creative to compare to other graphs utilizing the same coupler clone 🫣

May 15, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #1,245 of 1,295

If you could release a FR prior to launch for comparison that would be excellent! Even in reference within inly CFA for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back