Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 14, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #1,203 of 1,293
It's quite common with large DD implementations. It's only a constant crinkle pop if you're forcing the iem in with tips too tight. Nothing to be alarmed over 😁

This makes me a little nervous as I tip roll all the time to get the best seal. 'm listening to music in noisy environments often so I try to get good isolation so I don't have to listen to my music at extreme volumes. I wouldn't say my tips are inserted tight though...I do the pull my ears, open my jaw, and twist the IEMs to lock in method and I haven't heard the crinkling noises yet. So maybe I'm doing something right?

May 14, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #1,204 of 1,293
Keep on seeing MW10s on used website in Japan, but only once I have seen a Andro Gold... I want it...
Takeda'1537, what difference do you hear from OG to MW10? I am in the verge of buying it but I feel like an EQ'ed Andro 2019 could sound 99% the same...
In a summary: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.o...meda-mix-wave-mw10-reviews-impressions.11024/
It is more V shaped... better bass and more highs. May be placebo effect but I have the impression that technicalities are also a bit better compared to OG.

May 14, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #1,205 of 1,293
Thank you for the suggestion. I already own the 2019 andromeda, but always on the look for a deal on the Gold. By the way, did you get a chance to compare it to your newly acquired 2018 edition?
I have 2018 OG and 2019 OG and I cannot hear any difference between these two models.
But there is a significant difference between 2020 and OGs. Better or worse depends on personal preferences .

May 14, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #1,211 of 1,293
IIRC: all Andromeda's up until 2020 are the same sonically. All the differences between pre 2020 variants are external. There are 3 actually different tunings. Classic, 2020, and Emerald Sea (excluding special editions).

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #1,213 of 1,293
Can anyone comment on the Andro gold titanium? I have heard it's neutral but I don't know if that is true.
It's the gold in a cooler shell.
It's the best version of the Andromeda of any generation/version IMO. All of the Andromeda benefits with additional foundation in the low end, really solid BA bass that's good for any genre.

Vocals are more "intimate" (at the ear) as opposed to diffuse or artificially wide/far away like the Solaris presents certain recordings (and ThieAudio presents all recordings, elbow wide but nose deep)

It is very good for It's price bracket but has been superseded in technicalities since the design was implemented in 2019.

Back then I would have described it as 90% of a U12T with an M15 module for 800$ less (MSRP). Now, I would describe it as a collectors item which can be a solid primary for anyone who primarily listens to classic rock/beck/John Mayer (you get the idea)

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #1,214 of 1,293
It's the gold in a cooler shell.
It's the best version of the Andromeda of any generation/version IMO. All of the Andromeda benefits with additional foundation in the low end, really solid BA bass that's good for any genre.

Vocals are more "intimate" (at the ear) as opposed to diffuse or artificially wide/far away like the Solaris presents certain recordings (and ThieAudio presents all recordings, elbow wide but nose deep)

It is very good for It's price bracket but has been superseded in technicalities since the design was implemented in 2019.

Back then I would have described it as 90% of a U12T with an M15 module for 800$ less (MSRP). Now, I would describe it as a collectors item which can be a solid primary for anyone who primarily listens to classic rock/beck/John Mayer (you get the idea)
Wait a minute they resold the same iem tuning and all in a different shell? That's highway robbery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back