Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 27, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #1,292 of 1,411
My friend listened to MR on the Munich High-end show but i didn't understand what is the sound. Something like faster, dryer and a bit more technical sound
Supermoon, and Moon Rover are two different models. My comments were about Supermoon.
I have not yet listened to MR myself so I have no idea of what this latter sounds like. Cannot say anything about it as all I know is what I read on here.

Supermoon is fast, detailed, v-shaped tuning with kicking bass (but not bloated) and sizzling highs. It has energy and a good punch.

Last edited:
May 28, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #1,294 of 1,411
@CFA Chris I'm a big fan of my Ara and ideally want something like Ara but with more massive lows and a holographic soundstage like in Solaris OG. Is there something I should take a look at?

Of our current lineup, I would say that Bonneville or Fathom would be good choices here. Bonneville will have more low end extension and rumble to it, but still great overall technical performance, though probably not as spacious as your Ara.

Fathom has some of the nicest bass-response I've heard in an all-BA IEM and has really great soundstage and imaging.

Trifecta OG: "It is more textural and timbral correct (non-colored) compared to Amber Radiance." https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/campfire-audio-trifecta.68557/

I was not aware of any sound differences between the OG version and the new colours. That's certainly not right, is it? @CFA Chris

All iterations of Trifecta are sonically the same. Unit variance is extrememly low on these as well. They could be perceiving a difference in sound due to burn-in if the Amber Radiance doesn't have many listening hours on it yet.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 28, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #1,295 of 1,411
One of my OG Campfire Vega's has come apart (the black ear canal portion separated from the silver housing, guessing the glue finally gave out).

Any suggestions on what kind of glue can be used to put it back together without any crazy residue like that which results from Krazy Glue?

They are obviously far out of warranty as I have had them since launch back in 2016, but I still love them and would love to continue using them. For the past couple of months I have just been using my left side which is still perfectly in tact :p

May 29, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #1,296 of 1,411
One of my OG Campfire Vega's has come apart (the black ear canal portion separated from the silver housing, guessing the glue finally gave out).

Any suggestions on what kind of glue can be used to put it back together without any crazy residue like that which results from Krazy Glue?

They are obviously far out of warranty as I have had them since launch back in 2016, but I still love them and would love to continue using them. For the past couple of months I have just been using my left side which is still perfectly in tact :p

Hey there! Sorry to hear this. A heads-up here, re-gluing these will not repair them or return them to performing accurately, its a bit of a mystery but there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to re-adhere these. If you'd like to send them in I can see if I can find a suitable replacement channel to pair with your working one. Feel free to send us a message at support@campfireaudio.com

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 29, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #1,297 of 1,411
Hey Chris! Quick question. I have a pair of Andromeda Emerald Seas that I really enjoy. I love the super warm and lush sound, as it's a nice change from my 64A U4s. I have a pair of Moon Rovers on order. What kind of differences can I expect from the ES's?

May 30, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #1,298 of 1,411
Hey Chris! Quick question. I have a pair of Andromeda Emerald Seas that I really enjoy. I love the super warm and lush sound, as it's a nice change from my 64A U4s. I have a pair of Moon Rovers on order. What kind of differences can I expect from the ES's?

Hey @stream41! Glad to hear you're enjoying your ES! I think that Moon Rover will compliment them nicely. Moon Rover will be much more neutral, and will have the timbre of the planar driver going for it, with that sort of 'velvety' low end texture contrasted with super-fast, resolving high-end. So much less of a warm and lush approach and more of a crisp, detailed, resolution emphasis.

May 31, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #1,301 of 1,411
Hey All, I've added some (limited) inventory to the Market site! For the first time, we have our Chromatic models in stock, with a few harder-to-find models and other new adds:

Bonneville Purple/Black (1 each)
Casacara Blue/Black (1 ct. / 2 ct.)
Supermoon Orange/Black (1 ct. / 2 ct.)
Trifecta Amber Radiance (1)
Polaris II (1)
Ara (2)

As well as a few other restocks to find.

Also, you can get an additional 25% off of select models through the weekend, this include Holocene, IO, Dorado 2020, Vega 2020, Honeydew, & Satsuma.

Happy hunting!

May 31, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #1,304 of 1,411
Hey All, I've added some (limited) inventory to the Market site! For the first time, we have our Chromatic models in stock, with a few harder-to-find models and other new adds:

Bonneville Purple/Black (1 each)
Casacara Blue/Black (1 ct. / 2 ct.)
Supermoon Orange/Black (1 ct. / 2 ct.)
Trifecta Amber Radiance (1)
Polaris II (1)
Ara (2)

As well as a few other restocks to find.

Also, you can get an additional 25% off of select models through the weekend, this include Holocene, IO, Dorado 2020, Vega 2020, Honeydew, & Satsuma.

Happy hunting!
A POLARIS V2?

May 31, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #1,305 of 1,411
@CFA Chris
*And anyone else who has heard Moon Rover!

How is the staging? How does it compare to other CA IEMs? I haven't been able to find anything on it.

Thanks y'all :)
It's near field-like. Not particularly wide, not particularly behind your eyeballs. Decent width but it's not giving open back. On par with Andromeda, not at the level of Trifecta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back