Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 24, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #1,278 of 1,408

Attachments

• IMG_3095.png
    IMG_3095.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3096.png
    IMG_3096.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 0
May 24, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #1,280 of 1,408
Just wanted to say that I am really loving the new website and product pages! A real treat for the eyes and I love the exploded views / graphs. All IEM brands should take note.

Thanks so much! I've been working hard on getting the site updated and filled out since we switched ecommerce platforms. So I'm stoked to hear that you're liking the new layout :o2smile:

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 24, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #1,281 of 1,408
OK so it’s been a long time since ive heard a planar iem, how would you all describe its timbre compared to BAs?

Thanks!

To my ear, they have a lot of shine and sparkle (even dipping into the realm of 'sizzle') in the top-end and upper-mids. Also, one of the defining characteristics for me is the bass response, it has a very unique texture that is sort of wide and 'velvety,' while still managing to create physicality and impact. I always struggle to put timbre into words so sorry if this isn't super clear haha.

I think their unique quality stems from the unusual combination of large-sized diaphragms and super high speed of movement. So they're able to create richness and impact side by side with speedy transients and crisp detail and all in a full-range driver. This isn't really something that a single BA or DD could achieve on their own, at least not to this degree.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 24, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #1,282 of 1,408
Folks curious about more info on planar tech and the upcoming Moon Rover can check out this new page:

https://www.campfireaudio.com/pages/moon-rover

I put together some info on the planar tech both in general and its application to Moon Rover.

May 25, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #1,286 of 1,408
@CFA Chris I'm a big fan of my Ara and ideally want something like Ara but with more massive lows and a holographic soundstage like in Solaris OG. Is there something I should take a look at?
IMO Supermoon would likely be set you’re looking for.

I do own all 3 except Solaris 2020- Shrink Ray.

Curiosity still lingers about Solaris OG vs. 2020, maybe others can chime in on there quick opinions. I’ve scrubbed the internet front to back getting a general idea; OG- spacious, airier, less bottom end, mid centric. 2020- analog, warm, fuller bottom end, closer soundstage, sparkly highs.

My everyday set I love most would be Supermoon, love how well it plays with headphone amplifiers - musicality liquid. “her beautiful, rich tone, and innate musicality soothes”

May 25, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #1,287 of 1,408
Yeah, i was thinking of supermoon before and then i saw that new Moon Rover announce and now I'm reeeealy curious about them since they look like Ara and they are so beautiful

Curiosity still lingers about Solaris OG vs. 2020, maybe others can chime in on there quick opinions. I’ve scrubbed the internet front to back getting a general idea; OG- spacious, airier, less bottom end, mid centric. 2020- analog, warm, fuller bottom end, closer soundstage, sparkly highs.

My everyday set I love most would be Supermoon, love how well it plays with headphone amplifiers - musicality liquid. “her beautiful, rich tone, and innate musicality soothes”

May 26, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #1,288 of 1,408

Supermoon is so good to be in a class of its own!
Should it be a in an MR-like shell it would be unmatchably good.

May 26, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #1,289 of 1,408

This is where I'd say just get the Stellar Horizon.

May 26, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #1,290 of 1,408

Users who are viewing this thread

Back