Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 14, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #1,217 of 1,299
IIRC: all Andromeda's up until 2020 are the same sonically. All the differences between pre 2020 variants are external. There are 3 actually different tunings. Classic, 2020, and Emerald Sea (excluding special editions).

I bought an original Andro and really liked it, nothing I had before, or since really, sounded like it. Sold it after a good few years cheap as it was getting moisture in it affecting the drivers one side but missed it so bought a 2019 version which sounds more bassy and, touch wood, hasn't had the moisture issue, but it doesn't quite have the sparkle and 'holographic' stage the original had, still sounds good though. None of the new stuff really tempts me, I can't imagine any will best my 2019.

May 14, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #1,218 of 1,299
I bought an original Andro and really liked it, nothing I had before, or since really, sounded like it. Sold it after a good few years cheap as it was getting moisture in it affecting the drivers one side but missed it so bought a 2019 version which sounds more bassy and, touch wood, hasn't had the moisture issue, but it doesn't quite have the sparkle and 'holographic' stage the original had, still sounds good though. None of the new stuff really tempts me, I can't imagine any will best my 2019.
What do you mean yours had moisture? Are the older Andros plagued with these issues?

May 14, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #1,222 of 1,299
May 14, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #1,224 of 1,299
I've heard the Vega 2016 is better than the 2020.
Vega’20 plugged into Vali 3 ~ Gungnir combo is surreal, single DD magic. Along with ‘Supermoon’ - possibly little more power = liquid musically magic.

May 14, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #1,225 of 1,299
I believe (my personal assumption) that the very first run of Andromeda's with the original machined hardware and more physical egdes/angles had different drivers somewhere in the design. There was something special about that model that I don't think my Snow White version fully is demonstrating. I think there was possibly a driver swap in the early version, for whatever reason - not going to make any theories on it.

Andromeda Gold showcases what BA's being let free sounds like. The Ara continues that tradition and improves in spatial presentation, but lacks the bass presence that I prefer.

Going back and forth with the Andromeda Gold and Black Star is a treat. I think I mostly prefer the DD at bass, so the BS get's more use.

The BS have a tendency to slide out of the ear easier than the Andromeda shell shape.

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #1,227 of 1,299
Wait a minute they resold the same iem tuning and all in a different shell? That's highway robbery
The original Andro Gold was a limited edition 999 units I believe with a few extras assembled here and there.

The Andromeda Gold TI was a re-release with the Ara titanium shell but the Gold drivers and tuning. They had to have enough drivers left over to A) make more units and B) support repairs for a least a couple more years if need be.

I believe only 10 or 20 Andro Gold TI's were released. Maybe 30 tops. It was a low # as apart of the CFA multiverse limited event which also saw the release if a Mini Solaris in OG colors and the Damascus steel Onyx amongst others including a reshell/clone tune of the MW10 with left over parts if I remember correctly.

May 14, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #1,228 of 1,299
I've heard Vega 2020 has driver flex
Every DD IEM with any semblance of a powerful low end will exhibit driver flex.

May 14, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #1,229 of 1,299
The original Andro Gold was a limited edition 999 units I believe with a few extras assembled here and there.

The Andromeda Gold TI was a re-release with the Ara titanium shell but the Gold drivers and tuning. They had to have enough drivers left over to A) make more units and B) support repairs for a least a couple more years if need be.

I believe only 10 or 20 Andro Gold TI's were released. Maybe 30 tops. It was a low # as apart of the CFA multiverse limited event which also saw the release if a Mini Solaris in OG colors and the Damascus steel Onyx amongst others including a reshell/clone tune of the MW10 with left over parts if I remember correctly.
Yeah there's only 30 of them someone is selling theirs for $1100 on avexchange subreddit if any high rollers are interested.

May 14, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #1,230 of 1,299
A few have experienced it especially in places that have a temperate climate. You could see beads of moisture on the nozzles, metal isn't really a good material for an iem imo.
To be fair... this is simply a combination of going from air conditioning to >90F/>80%RH outdoors.

I wouldn't walk around outside in Louisiana summers with my nice in ears. Sweat/direct sunlight/punishing heat and nasty humidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back