Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 15, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #1,981 of 5,394
today I had the chance to try Dorado again and match it against with the likes of Unique Melody Macbeth, FLC8S, IT03. Dont you think Dorado is veiled sounding? O_O
UM Macbeth vs Dorado would be a more interesting comparison as Macbeth is in a higher tier of triple hybrid based on price range.
Kumitate Trio can be included in the comparison as it is the most TOTL triple hybrid iem.
Comparing to Vega and Lyra 2, Dorado didnt have something magical that amazes u immediately.
Vega-Bass
Lyra2-Mids
Dorado oO
I did not like the Kumitate Trio at all.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,984 of 5,394
Dec 15, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #1,986 of 5,394

A lot of people don't realise, the mojo's performance varies very noticeably with the performance of the transport. Try out different daps a short sources and you'll see what I mean, it's very interesting how much difference there can be.

For example, if you vary the volume knob of the DAP, and the sound that comes out of Mojo also  varies, then the setup is definitely wrong.  It is a proof that the DAP has altered the bits from the original ( in an inferior if not detestable way ), and defeat the purpose of shelling out big bucks on a TOTL gear. The digital volume control on Mojo uses a very powerful processor and top notch algorithm, and is the preferred and correct way to play music.

I use foobar2000 on PC with DSD plugin (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/), and set output device to  DSD:WASAPI(push). Then the output is bit-perfect.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #1,987 of 5,394
Is an Andromeda II planned at all? There is a stupid reason why I ask, I think it is the one best suited to me but I hope they change the colour... that deep green is not really to my tastes at all! :) Alternatively which one of the three mentioned here is more like the Andromeda? 

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #1,989 of 5,394
  Is an Andromeda II planned at all? There is a stupid reason why I ask, I think it is the one best suited to me but I hope they change the colour... that deep green is not really to my tastes at all! :) Alternatively which one of the three mentioned here is more like the Andromeda? 

there might just be something in the pipeline, you never know... :wink:

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #1,990 of 5,394
Is it possible for a current to run up the cable and electrocute my ear?!   I had my Vega hooked into my AK320 attached as DAC to my MBP and was getting a burning sensation on the outer edge of my ear.   It was quite painful.   Maybe I'm losing my ******* mind......

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,991 of 5,394
  Is it possible for a current to run up the cable and electrocute my ear?!   I had my Vega hooked into my AK320 attached as DAC to my MBP and was getting a burning sensation on the outer edge of my ear.   It was quite painful.   Maybe I'm losing my ******* mind......

It's happened to me — Vega directly into MBP. In my case the MBP was plugged into a poorly grounded outlet.

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #1,993 of 5,394
Doesn't bother me, I prefer for them to improve. If it's a significant improvement, and I like the device, I'd upgrade. If it's nominal, I won't. Keeps things going. Sucks if you just bought the original model, but that's life.

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #1,995 of 5,394
The vega sounds so good loud. My god. I'm going to go deaf but I don't even care

And if you love it directly out of the Mojo, then try adding a quality amp into the setup and you're mind will be blown even further! The Vega's love themselves some power. Personally using the ALO CV5 with the Vegas and my Mojo and it rocks! Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back