Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 14, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #1,951 of 5,394
To me, the IE800 on the bass department got nothing on the Vega, and I mean nothing. It got way less, much less deeper, no slam whatsoever, and not tighter... I found the IE800 is a balance IEM with a slight emphasize on the bass.

Hmmm, I wonder which source you're using?

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #1,954 of 5,394
I've never tried IEMs that scaled with gear like the Vega's do. I cannot for the life of me get any work done today now. 

Me I try not to start late sessions, sleep takes a hit!

Agreed the Vega scale so well, that's how I ended up buying the WM1A night and day compared to DP-X1, now I turn it on and I am hypnotized... Even better than Mojo.

Can't wait to add the CV5 in the mix for desktop setup :)

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #1,955 of 5,394
The Vega's have basically reaffirmed what I want out of high end audio (for full size cans). It seems like most of the options at high price points go for a polite signature that does not want to overstep it's bounds. Not bad or anything and after listening to those signatures for a while I had adjusted to it.

Then I bought the Vega... haha. Rap, hip-hop, EDM, and much more has never sounded so enjoyable. My Utopia (a $4K full size headphone) is in some trouble. An awesome sounding headphone with great technical ability but it is just not sucking me into the music like the Vega can. Might have to experiment with some EQ when it comes to those.

The Vega just continues to amaze with its ability to be so fun sounding and yet refined at the same time. It gives me the same enjoyment I get from listening to my speaker setup (KEF LS50's with a SVS subwoofer).

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,956 of 5,394
Good taste, I love the LF50s. They're a steal for the performance, much like the Vega to me. I honestly wasn't as in love until I paired with Mojo, but now I'm over the moon happy and can't conceive of a single weakness from the pair.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #1,957 of 5,394
Me I try not to start late sessions, sleep takes a hit!

Agreed the Vega scale so well, that's how I ended up buying the WM1A night and day compared to DP-X1, now I turn it on and I am hypnotized... Even better than Mojo.

Can't wait to add the CV5 in the mix for desktop setup
smily_headphones1.gif

WOW.... you get me interested in the Sony..

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,958 of 5,394
  WOW.... you get me interested in the Sony..

Well, believe me it had to sound damn great to get me to drop any streaming ability (goodbye Tidal... I now listen to streaming on desktop with Mojo) and suffer that horrible Walkman proprietary port... I had in mind to try and return it for an AK300 if it didn't go well. I hadn't found many feedback on the AK, and the more I read about WM1Z and A here on the forums, the more I wanted to try it.

I liked the ZX2 but its lack of power drew me to a japanese DP-X1, which I liked very much with the U12 and then not so much with the Vega. The moment I heard the WM1A I was just wowed, full bodied and so musical... I *love* this DAP and this Vega WM1A combo has me saying it's the endgame for quite a while.

Now keep in mind I am not one for neutral sound overall, you mileage will vary but it's a great fit for me.

I amazed each time I pick it up.
And it's not even the balanced out, which I don't even miss yet as it's already so great single ended... 

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #1,959 of 5,394
Hi all- I have a question regarding to the burn in for DD in general or particularly the Vega. What method you guys are using with burn in? This is what I got from my collectives of reading here and there:

1. listen normally - turn on/off as you would normal in daily activities (longest route) - until the desire burn in hour(*)

2. use piano music with 25% volume - keep going nonstop  (fastest route) -  ... (*)

3. use 10 hours Pink Noise video from YouTube - keep going nonstop (fastest route) - ... (*)

4. ?

Which method you guys prefer, use, or suggestion?

Also, someone mentioned about let your IEM burn in overnight and keep doing that till the desire hour. I was wondering about the durability of this method. The IEM is still an electronic device and if we overuse it, are we going to damage it? Thanks for any input!

Piano music at 25% volume does nothing and shows that the person doesn't understand what they are doing.

KWKarth, an audio engineer who was an administrator here at head-fi, told me that you need to flex the diaphragm and low or middle volume did nothing for that, even hundreds of hours of nothing does nothing.

He said a much shorter time at a much higher volume makes much more sense to him as an audio engineer.

That's how you do it.

I usually play them with bass heavy music at 130% of whatever volume would be painful to listen to (not in my ears, obviously) overnight for a few nights.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #1,960 of 5,394

Well, believe me it had to sound damn great to get me to drop any streaming ability (goodbye Tidal... I now listen to streaming on desktop with Mojo) and suffer that horrible Walkman proprietary port... I had in mind to try and return it for an AK300 if it didn't go well. I hadn't found many feedback on the AK, and the more I read about WM1Z and A here on the forums, the more I wanted to try it.

I liked the ZX2 but its lack of power drew me to a japanese DP-X1, which I liked very much with the U12 and then not so much with the Vega. The moment I heard the WM1A I was just wowed, full bodied and so musical... I *love* this DAP and this Vega WM1A combo has me saying it's the endgame for quite a while.

Now keep in mind I am not one for neutral sound overall, you mileage will vary but it's a great fit for me.

And it's not even the balanced out, which I don't even miss yet as it's already so great single ended... 

How was Vega vs u12? U12 was always high on my list of things to try. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #1,961 of 5,394
Piano music at 25% volume does nothing and shows that the person doesn't understand what they are doing.

KWKarth, an audio engineer who was an administrator here at head-fi, told me that you need to flex the diaphragm and low or middle volume did nothing for that, even hundreds of hours of nothing does nothing.

He said a much shorter time at a much higher volume makes much more sense to him as an audio engineer.

That's how you do it.

I usually play them with bass heavy music at 130% of whatever volume would be painful to listen to (not in my ears, obviously) overnight for a few nights.

​So speaking of DD and burn in, if we listen at under 50% volume with soft music, no matter for how long, we will never achieve the desire sound due to diaphragm could not flex or expand?

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #1,962 of 5,394
​So speaking of DD and burn in, if we listen at under 50% volume with soft music, no matter for how long, we will never achieve the desire sound due to diaphragm could not flex or expand?

No. Imagine having a stiff new pair of shoes that you only wear sitting down. They wouldn't break in, either.

But, maybe it's not really important for soft piano music.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,964 of 5,394
Listening to both Dorado and Lyra 2...great iems. I wouldn't be sad if I owned either instead of the Vegas. I have to applaud Campfire. Job well done.
the dorado is competing with the likes of flc8s, it03, a83 for triple hybrid. Dont think it can touch the flc8s in all honesty.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #1,965 of 5,394

For me no issue of lacking power even on WM1A single ended on Low Gain.
I switched from X5II + E12A AMP to just solely WM1A on my Andromeda+ALO Ref8 cable. Volume at 65/120

WM1A Output power as below.

Output 3.5mm is 60mw+60mw
Output 4.4mm is 240mw+240mw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back