Campfire Audio Trifecta
Jan 11, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #707 of 876
I have a brand new set of Trifectas, the hong kong edition specifically, that have been sitting in the box since they arrived Tuesday. We had a bad storm here and my kid's daycare is closed through MLK day because of no power. Add to that family visiting this weekend and I likely won't have time to even unbox these until Tuesday. The wait is killing me.

In other news, the YMCA I work out at near me is aboveground and has a series of windows just along the edge below the ceiling that points out to the woods. At the hour I train at, I get to watch as the sky transitions from nighttime to daybreak to morning. There's this exact shade of blue the sky turns, just when the sun is starting to come up that clicked for me the other day, where I took one look at it and went "oh--astral sky". I'm digging the naming conventions of these sets--I think they're fun and different. I do wish the stock cables were more themed to match the different colors of the shells, as I think it would really help reinforce the limited edition of each colorway. Same with the carrying pouches. @CFA Chris not sure if there's any plans for such a thing on the horizon. If you're looking to accessorize, some polishing cloths for the shells could be cool--bonus points if you do different ones with dye-sublimated artwork of the different sky colors on them.

Yeah it's been really fun working with Caleb to create cool themes and naming conventions for them. One fun fact about Trifecta is that the shells come as the clear 'Premier' version and are hand-dyed in-house to make the different color iterations. We experimented with dyeing the cables as well, but the results weren't to our standards, and there are some other logistic factors that made it difficult as well. The Hong Kong edition you have has one of the more rare leather case colors, not many of those out there!

We've started including our microfiber cloths with new models, which are all black, but the pattern idea is definitely cool!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 11, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #709 of 876
I have a brand new set of Trifectas, the hong kong edition specifically, that have been sitting in the box since they arrived Tuesday. We had a bad storm here and my kid's daycare is closed through MLK day because of no power. Add to that family visiting this weekend and I likely won't have time to even unbox these until Tuesday. The wait is killing me.

In other news, the YMCA I work out at near me is aboveground and has a series of windows just along the edge below the ceiling that points out to the woods. At the hour I train at, I get to watch as the sky transitions from nighttime to daybreak to morning. There's this exact shade of blue the sky turns, just when the sun is starting to come up that clicked for me the other day, where I took one look at it and went "oh--astral sky". I'm digging the naming conventions of these sets--I think they're fun and different. I do wish the stock cables were more themed to match the different colors of the shells, as I think it would really help reinforce the limited edition of each colorway. Same with the carrying pouches. @CFA Chris not sure if there's any plans for such a thing on the horizon. If you're looking to accessorize, some polishing cloths for the shells could be cool--bonus points if you do different ones with dye-sublimated artwork of the different sky colors on them.
can't wait! impeccable taste sir. first Rn6 now trifecta!!!

Jan 11, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #710 of 876
Yeah it's been really fun working with Caleb to create cool themes and naming conventions for them. One fun fact about Trifecta is that the shells come as the clear 'Premier' version and are hand-dyed in-house to make the different color iterations. We experimented with dyeing the cables as well, but the results weren't to our standards, and there are some other logistic factors that made it difficult as well. The Hong Kong edition you have has one of the more rare leather case colors, not many of those out there!

We've started including our microfiber cloths with new models, which are all black, but the pattern idea is definitely cool!
That's the #1 thing that trumps everyone's good idea fairy; the supply chain and unique SKU's bumping up costs of scale. It could just be as easy as connector hardware, but still :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #711 of 876
That's the #1 thing that trumps everyone's good idea fairy; the supply chain and unique SKU's bumping up costs of scale. It could just be as easy as connector hardware, but still :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Haha definitely! It can be a really fun challenge to navigate different constraints to bring a project to fruition in a way that's engaging, balancing practicality with the ideal and adapting to new challenges/problems on the way. It creates opportunities to think creatively and sometimes leads you to new places you might not have thought of otherwise.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 13, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #713 of 876
Do you think that trifecta will be good for pc gaming. I ask because besides music I play alot of games too
it'll be fine. Really for gaming open back headphones will always be better because of positioning/placement. A 560s is probably better for competitive gaming than a trifecta.

But for immersion and fun? Trifecta will be insane.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #714 of 876
I now have the Trifecta. Physicality is the right keyword - it's a gripping presentation, and not just in the bass - everything has the right fullness here, I like it! At first I thought the treble might be annoying, but even my old New Wave recordings still work with the Trifecta.
Energetic, gripping - it's not about this microscopic separation like other IEMs do. Some would say the Trifecta is technically worse, but it's not. I don't know of any other IEM that sounds as unique as the Trifecta, just like the use of 3 DD.
Soundstage is very big, glorious presentation.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #715 of 876
I now have the Trifecta. Physicality is the right keyword - it's a gripping presentation, and not just in the bass - everything has the right fullness here, I like it! At first I thought the treble might be annoying, but even my old New Wave recordings still work with the Trifecta.
Energetic, gripping - it's not about this microscopic separation like other IEMs do. Some would say the Trifecta is technically worse, but it's not. I don't know of any other IEM that sounds as unique as the Trifecta, just like the use of 3 DD.
Soundstage is very big, glorious presentation.

Spot on and concise summary. Glad you're enjoying it.

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #716 of 876
After 2 days with Trifecta..ONLY 3 SIMPLY WORDS…01.-IMMERSIVE. 02.-IMMERSIVE. 03.-IMMERSIVE….

It is the most special iem I have ever had.Maybe,not the better..but..yes the most ENGAGING

Its MY Subjective Opinion..

Best Regards

Sisco

It is tremendously important to get the tips and direction angle right with the ear canal... it can change a lot...

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #717 of 876
Jan 13, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #718 of 876
Yeah, i saw your wrangling posts about these and can fully understand you. The funny thing is, when you think about it, the more your library contains perfectly recorded high audiophile stuff (like well mastered orchestral tracks), the less the Trifecta is probably the IEM that you want. I listen to a bunch of (often badly, or at least normal recorded) metal, and the Trifecta catapults me in that live audience which no other IEM (or headphone) can do.

Jan 13, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #719 of 876
Yeah, i saw your wrangling posts about these and can fully understand you. The funny thing is, when you think about it, the more your library contains perfectly recorded high audiophile stuff (like well mastered orchestral tracks), the less the Trifecta is probably the IEM that you want. I listen to a bunch of (often badly, or at least normal recorded) metal, and the Trifecta catapults me in that live audience which no other IEM (or headphone) can do.
They're very library dependent, but they are not, by any means, a bad IEM. What they do well, they do in a way nothing I've ever heard does. Anyone saying they're bad or this or that is absolute nonsense. What they are is wonderfully unique, and being different is by nature going to render them outcasts in certain circles. Regardless, I'd genuinely like to see them go to someone who will appreciate them with a complementary library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back