Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Jun 19, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #76 of 474
How did you demo a custom IEM I mean they are custom molded to specific ears right?

Campfire has universal demos available for customers who are interested in ordering the Supermoon.

There is also a universal version available in Japan only last I heard..

Jun 22, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #79 of 474
Jun 22, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #81 of 474
Fantastic review and appreciate you sharing! I’m glad that it aligns with your positive feedback because I too have placed my order days ago.

I’ve had my Equinox for 4 years now and it was time to see the next CFA evolution. I was sold on both the custom fit and the planar driver. The audiophile fit is second to none when it comes to comfort and I believe only CFA is offering this at the moment.

Jun 22, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #83 of 474
I’m going to give the Supermoon another demo and see how I like it with the N8ii, if it passes my “synergy test” I am going to place an order also.

Has anyone gone audiophile fit and wished they got the deeper fit instead?

Does that mean you’ve heard the universal fit at a show? We would all benefit from your impressions since you’ve heard every high end IEM on the market.

Jun 22, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #84 of 474
Does that mean you’ve heard the universal fit at a show? We would all benefit from your impressions since you’ve heard every high end IEM on the market.

No I got a demo from a dealer. I really liked it overall. Really tight and textured bass with a healthy shelf too, leaner more revealing and well textured lower mids. It was the upper mids where I wasn’t sure how I liked it. I wouldn’t consider them forward but they sound a bit metallic-y from both N8ii and DX320 but they were smooth from WM1Z m2. Treble to me had great extension and was smooth also, it sat a bit behind the upper mids but overall it’s well presented. The clarity and resolution is also fantastic. The synergy differences in sources is why I want to hear it again. I don’t have M2 anymore so I want to spend more time with it and the N8ii.

Overall it was a clarity/crisp more ethereal type sound to me rather than something that’s going for body or warmth. I found it worked really well for my library as I listen to primarily electronic music but it’s got a tuning that makes it a solid all rounder too, the timbre may be where it won’t fit everyone’s preferences. There’s been some really good reviews posted about it on head fi.

I thought this one summed it up really well, there was another somewhere too.

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/blogs/reviews/campfire-audio-supermoon-custom-in-ear-monitors-review

Jun 22, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #85 of 474
No I got a demo from a dealer. I really liked it overall. Really tight and textured bass with a healthy shelf too, leaner more revealing and well textured lower mids. It was the upper mids where I wasn’t sure how I liked it. I wouldn’t consider them forward but they sound a bit metallic-y from both N8ii and DX320 but they were smooth from WM1Z m2. Treble to me had great extension and was smooth also, it sat a bit behind the upper mids but overall it’s well presented. The clarity and resolution is also fantastic. The synergy differences in sources is why I want to hear it again. I don’t have M2 anymore so I want to spend more time with it and the N8ii.

Overall it was a clarity/crisp more ethereal type sound to me rather than something that’s going for body or warmth. I found it worked really well for my library as I listen to primarily electronic music but it’s got a tuning that makes it a solid all rounder too, the timbre may be where it won’t fit everyone’s preferences. There’s been some really good reviews posted about it on head fi.

I thought this one summed it up really well, there was another somewhere too.

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/blogs/reviews/campfire-audio-supermoon-custom-in-ear-monitors-review

Thanks! I really appreciate the thorough response as you are describing exactly what I’m looking for. I am a little worried about the timbre because someone at the Chicago show said something similar, but I will have to accept it either way since I’ve already made the purchase.

The only advice I can offer is that if you do end up buying it, get the audiophile (shallow) fit. It’s pretty incredible and comfortable for hours. It’s even more comfortable to me that my AirPod pros and those are damn comfortable.

Jun 22, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #86 of 474
Thanks! I really appreciate the thorough response as you are describing exactly what I’m looking for. I am a little worried about the timbre because someone at the Chicago show said something similar, but I will have to accept it either way since I’ve already made the purchase.

The only advice I can offer is that if you do end up buying it, get the audiophile (shallow) fit. It’s pretty incredible and comfortable for hours. It’s even more comfortable to me that my AirPod pros and those are damn comfortable.

I love the deep insertion though, which is how all my IEMs are. Maybe campfire can send dummy shells of both beforehand. I’d also be worried about lesser isolation too with a more shallow fit.

Jun 23, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #87 of 474
I’m going to give the Supermoon another demo and see how I like it with the N8ii, if it passes my “synergy test” I am going to place an order also.

Has anyone gone audiophile fit and wished they got the deeper fit instead?
It depends on how narrow your ear canals are I suppose. Evidently, mine are really narrow and the nozzle is getting on the smaller side already. I don't know if it would be possible to have a longer nozzle for me. As such, I don't really see the need for a deeper fit anyway. The seal doesn't break even when I'm eating and they're really easy to insert and take out. Campfire is 2/2 with fit for me. My Supermoon and Equinox fit perfectly.

Jun 23, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #88 of 474
Jun 23, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #89 of 474
Fantastic review and appreciate you sharing! I’m glad that it aligns with your positive feedback because I too have placed my order days ago.

I’ve had my Equinox for 4 years now and it was time to see the next CFA evolution. I was sold on both the custom fit and the planar driver. The audiophile fit is second to none when it comes to comfort and I believe only CFA is offering this at the moment.

I have the audiophile fit of the Equinox and Solstice and love it. I'll be getting the Supermoon eventually too.

Campfire has demos that they ship out, and you can try universals at shows they're at.

Jun 28, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #90 of 474
How does it compare to Raptgo Hook-X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back