Campfire Audio Polaris - New CA IEM
Nov 25, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #211 of 312
Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #215 of 312
Willing to part with my Polaris, let me know you have any interest!

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #216 of 312
I'm having issues using other MMCX cables with my Polaris. Both cables from the Pinnacle P1 are not delivering the full signal to the Polaris. The cable from the Pinnacle P2 works fine. Any clue why this would be the case? And can anyone suggest a reasonably priced (less than $50) replacement cable without memory wire or plastic tubing around the wire at the MMCX end?

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #217 of 312
I'm having issues using other MMCX cables with my Polaris. Both cables from the Pinnacle P1 are not delivering the full signal to the Polaris. The cable from the Pinnacle P2 works fine. Any clue why this would be the case? And can anyone suggest a reasonably priced (less than $50) replacement cable without memory wire or plastic tubing around the wire at the MMCX end?

During my time with the Polaris I used these and it worked fine:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...-For-Shure-SE535-SE846-UE900/32754773772.html

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #218 of 312
Nope, I have 3 campfire iems and all of them are tight and clicky without intermittency.
Foams are incredibily good on these is what I recommend, no clicky here.

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #219 of 312

Probably an impedance mismatch on the P1 cable specifically.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #220 of 312
Just published my review of the new Campfire Audio Polaris. I don't think they're the most technically profound earphone around their asking price...
Hi, @ryanjsoo ! Could you tell which iem costing about 600$ are more technically profound then Polaris on your opinion. I've listened them on several occasions and found them quit pleasing but I would really appreciate some extra technicality from my next iem. Sadly I'm limited exactly by the current Polaris price, so Andromeda and even Jupiter are off the table. Thanks)

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #221 of 312
Hi, @ryanjsoo ! Could you tell which iem costing about 600$ are more technically profound then Polaris on your opinion. I've listened them on several occasions and found them quit pleasing but I would really appreciate some extra technicality from my next iem. Sadly I'm limited exactly by the current Polaris price, so Andromeda and even Jupiter are off the table. Thanks)

You can definitely look into a B-stock Jupiter, they usually go for around $550-650. The Jupiter will provide notably higher resolution than the Polaris, but its bass is not as engaging. You can also consider the Dunu DK-3001, its ergonomics vary from person to person but its sound is very well detailed and more linear than the Polaris. I would usually recommend 64Audio's IEMs, but they've since discontinued their universal lineup. They've recently announced a new line-up but we've yet to see any reviews for those models.

Feb 1, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #223 of 312
You can definitely look into a B-stock Jupiter, they usually go for around $550-650. The Jupiter will provide notably higher resolution than the Polaris, but its bass is not as engaging. You can also consider the Dunu DK-3001, its ergonomics vary from person to person but its sound is very well detailed and more linear than the Polaris. I would usually recommend 64Audio's IEMs, but they've since discontinued their universal lineup. They've recently announced a new line-up but we've yet to see any reviews for those models.
After listening them both back to back yeasterday I'm leaning to Polaris over DK-3001. DK-3001 sound great and are indeed linear then Polaris but the actual amount of details retrieved seems to be the same. At least when using them both with 3,5 out of mine Opus #3. Also it seems that using 3001 will end with pain after an hour session. Another option is buying Periodic Be which are really impressive iem with non-detachable cable being the only real flaw. And I'vealready found a service that can help me fix this issue :smile_cat:
Back to Polaris though. After so many people saying male vocals is the weak spot of Polaris I've spent some extra time yesterday listening to my opera discs and some favourite male singers. And there was actually nothing wrong with them with the exception of Nick Cave sounding thin and a bit dull. Which is a shame but not a tragedy. Bowie sounded as Bowie, Whetton sounded as Whetton. Oh and Mercury was also being himself. All that of course is true only for my ears and with my source. But I actually believe that with good product it comes down to what actuall pairings can provide and not to the sound of an earphone or a dap in a vacuum.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #224 of 312
After listening them both back to back yeasterday I'm leaning to Polaris over DK-3001. DK-3001 sound great and are indeed linear then Polaris but the actual amount of details retrieved seems to be the same. At least when using them both with 3,5 out of mine Opus #3. Also it seems that using 3001 will end with pain after an hour session. Another option is buying Periodic Be which are really impressive iem with non-detachable cable being the only real flaw. And I'vealready found a service that can help me fix this issue :smile_cat:
Back to Polaris though. After so many people saying male vocals is the weak spot of Polaris I've spent some extra time yesterday listening to my opera discs and some favourite male singers. And there was actually nothing wrong with them with the exception of Nick Cave sounding thin and a bit dull. Which is a shame but not a tragedy. Bowie sounded as Bowie, Whetton sounded as Whetton. Oh and Mercury was also being himself. All that of course is true only for my ears and with my source. But I actually believe that with good product it comes down to what actuall pairings can provide and not to the sound of an earphone or a dap in a vacuum.

Glad you're enjoying the Polaris, it's in no regard, a bad earphone nor is it necessarily worse than a lot of similarly priced earphones. It carves out a comfortable niche as an engaging, "fun" earphone in a price range where most are pursuing a more balanced sound. So I'm always an advocate of preference, finding the best sound sig for your own personal tastes and it looks like the Polaris fits the bill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back