Campfire Audio Polaris - New CA IEM
Oct 11, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #196 of 312
Well, I just gave your reply to me some much appreciated 'Like' for your commitment to Vega!

Any chance you can fill me in a little more whilst I sprawl around the World checking it out!

Thank you amigo :)
For electronic music, it's just... breathtaking. If you like to feel the emotion of your music, Vega will be your best friend. The bass is an experience to behold.

As I'm cleaning my apartment, listening to my music, these words came to mind:
Dreamy, dreamy, rich and creamy. LMAO

Here's a stellar review of the Vega. The site is not coming up easily right now, but there's this one quote:
"It's an IEM with remarkable technical proficiency that gives neutrality the finger and swings a hard right toward a sonic signature that is just plain exciting."
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1017/Campfire_Audio_Vega_IEM_Review.htm

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #197 of 312
For electronic music, it's just... breathtaking. If you like to feel the emotion of your music, Vega will be your best friend. The bass is an experience to behold.

As I'm cleaning my apartment, listening to my music, these words came to mind:
Dreamy, dreamy, rich and creamy. LMAO

Here's a stellar review of the Vega. The site is not coming up easily right now, but there's this one quote:
"It's an IEM with remarkable technical proficiency that gives neutrality the finger and swings a hard right toward a sonic signature that is just plain exciting."
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1017/Campfire_Audio_Vega_IEM_Review.htm

+1 on the vega for dance music. I own both the vega and the polaris, and the vega just has this big immersive full sound that the polaris does not. That said, the polaris signature I think works quite well for dance music too especially given the more v shape of the signature. And because its not such a big sound, it sometimes allows the sub bass to shine through, where with the vega, everything really comes through.

Though, if you are planning to just listen out of a smart phone, I would recommend the polaris. The vega demands a bit of power or it can feel slightly flat (just slightly), the polaris on the other hand works fine from a phone.

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #198 of 312
+1 on the vega for dance music. I own both the vega and the polaris, and the vega just has this big immersive full sound that the polaris does not. That said, the polaris signature I think works quite well for dance music too especially given the more v shape of the signature. And because its not such a big sound, it sometimes allows the sub bass to shine through, where with the vega, everything really comes through.

Though, if you are planning to just listen out of a smart phone, I would recommend the polaris. The vega demands a bit of power or it can feel slightly flat (just slightly), the polaris on the other hand works fine from a phone.
Well stated! I agree that source matters. If using a smart phone, though nice, Vega is quite under utilized. I'm running mine from a Sony NWZ-A17, and am excited to be able to buy the ZX300 one of these days when I'm not so damned broke.

I would love to get to listen through the Polaris. I've been able to get three people to by Lyra II, and it does sound quite wow.

Since you've got both Vega and Polaris, I'm curious to know how this album I'm currently listening to compares.

It's a stripped-down version of another album (Movements), and is very impressive. Tons of long bass segments.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #199 of 312
On a complete side not. I was at a record store today. Decided to put on a few vinyls to listen to. I just plug my Vega right into the amp, instead of using the supplied headphones. Today, when finished, I decided to give the headphones a quick listen. Ugh. Terrible. Never again. Campfire Audio has be insanely spoiled.

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #200 of 312
Well, I just gave your reply to me some much appreciated 'Like' for your commitment to Vega!

Any chance you can fill me in a little more whilst I sprawl around the World checking it out!

Thank you amigo :)

Vega's bass is certainly exquisite but balanced it is not and the same goes for the Polaris which has a mid-bass hump. Out of the dynamic line-up, the Lyra II is actually the most linear, the Dorado is also a solid option but its midrange might be a bit lax for your preferences. The Lyra II is pretty balanced overall, bass is more even than the Polaris and more muscular within the sub-bass and mids are more present and natural but also not as clear. Highs are more bodied and a little more detailed but the Polaris has more aggression and attack to its lower treble which makes everything sound nice and crisp.

I do still think the Vega and Dorado perform on a higher level than both of these earphones as far as technicality is concerned but if their tonality isn't for you then you would probably be happier with a lower model that nails your preferences. I think that's why the Polaris is so charming, it isn't the most absolutely technical iem around, but tone-wise, it's exceptionally accessible and just pleasing to listen to; neither too mid-recessed when coming from more balanced earphones nor too lean or laid-back when coming from other V-shaped in-ears. The Lyra II is just a little more expensive, but its more balanced, a little more full-bodied and more laid-back without sacrificing resolving power all within a smaller housing.

Not pointing you towards any model in particular, just highlighting the importance of personal preference over price hierarchy and technical performance.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #201 of 312
Are there any comparisons between the Polaris and the Dorados?

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #202 of 312
Are there any comparisons between the Polaris and the Dorados?

I believe others have mentioned that the Dorado is an even deeper V-shaped signature than the Polaris and overall more laidback in sound yet a bit more resolving than the Polaris.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #203 of 312
I believe others have mentioned that the Dorado is an even deeper V-shaped signature than the Polaris and overall more laidback in sound yet a bit more resolving than the Polaris.
Thank you for the reply. I saw that comment but unsure if there are other perspectives I may have missed

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #205 of 312
Anyone out here who can comment on the Polaris paired with Chord's Mojo?

It's a nice pair, the Mojo gives the Polaris a little more body and enhances its detail presentation. Plenty of volume and no noise, bass is tight which is a sign it is being driven to potential.

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #206 of 312
It's a nice pair, the Mojo gives the Polaris a little more body and enhances its detail presentation. Plenty of volume and no noise, bass is tight which is a sign it is being driven to potential.
Thanks for the review and your feedback Ryan!
How does the Polaris compare to the UMPro50?
That’s the one I use now...

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #207 of 312
Thanks for the review and your feedback Ryan!
How does the Polaris compare to the UMPro50?
That’s the one I use now...

Different kind of presentation, the UM 5o Pro is thicker and darker, the Polaris has notably less upper bass while focussing more on mid and sub-bass. Mids are clearer and less warmed on the Polaris as a result, it is brighter with greater clarity though they both have pretty good resolution. Treble is considerably more open and airy on the Polaris, the UM 5o Pro is well detailed but the Polaris is the more revealing but not necessarily more resolving earphone.

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #209 of 312
Having static and sound cut outs from mmxc on my jupiters the cable is actually wobbly, is this normal. what should i do?

Definitely not normal, contact Campfire support for repair or replacement if they're still under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back