Campfire Audio Multiverse
Nov 2, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #196 of 523
If you guys were going to jump on one of the ones still in stock, which would you choose (assuming you didn’t already have an Orion). The known commodity in the Orion or the upstart in the Onyx?
I put form just as high as function (sometimes above it - don't judge), so I'd go for Glo-rion. You get the cool case, glowing accoutrement, and classic shell. I do like me some mids, which it might seem the Glo-reos have more of (according to their bar charts).

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #197 of 523
Depends on your listening preference, style and presentation.
Balanced armatures or hybrid design of the Onyx…

If you’re a bass head lover maybe you want lower bass and not neutral sounds from BAs..
That’s a good point. While I wouldn’t say I’m a super bass-head (my Polarises are a bit over the top for me), I don’t like totally bright and clean sound either.

I put form just as high as function (sometimes above it - don't judge), so I'd go for Glo-rion. You get the cool case, glowing accoutrement, and classic shell. I do like me some mids, which it might seem the Glo-reos have more of (according to their bar charts).

Yeah, that’s really the toss up. While I think I’d probably prefer sound from onyx, the nicer cable etc from Orion would be awesome too!

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #198 of 523
The mini Solaris OG is the one most tempting to me of all of them so far not factoring in cost. My money is on tomorrow's NOT being an Andromeda...and perhaps even being the unveiling of a new flagship. I see the 2020 Solaris is "sold out" on their website.

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #199 of 523
011BFDDE-8EE7-4500-864C-8096F1898A68.png

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #200 of 523
QA
If you guys were going to jump on one of the ones still in stock, which would you choose (assuming you didn’t already have an Orion). The known commodity in the Orion or the upstart in the Onyx?
I'd go Onyx. I love the glo treatment but the short nozzles don't fit me well... and I already have the mammoths. I wish I could have jumped on the Andro ti's... I can't get enough of how sexy they look!

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #201 of 523
Exactly the same, abalone plate
If I really wanted a Solaris SE, I would have bought one by now …
https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/coll...audio-solaris-special-edition-in-ear-monitors

I've been enjoying my Shozy Form 1.1 quite a bit recently, it kind of got lost in a flurry of purchases earlier this year. I was thinking of getting an upgraded 1DD/1BA IEM, so I may pull the trigger on the Onyx sitting in my cart…

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #202 of 523
I don’t know if it’ll be a new reveal. So far the most enticing to me is the dramatic change of the AndrosTi - 7 BAs, titanium shell.

Other model… ie the Solaris is minimal change to sound signature (a little bit better “low-mid”) and “subtle” twist at the crossover.

Every other reveal has been mediocre at best while it can be argued some are aesthetically appealing for sure :)

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #203 of 523
Alright, we need someone to come up with an over/under on "king" being Andro. We already have two Solari (Solaruses, Solaripodes?), so what's to stop these madmen from another Andromeda? But, on the other hand, this is a great opportunity for a new flagship.

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #204 of 523
I said earlier that I don’t plan on buying but if “King” is a new flagship.. well I might be weak in my will.

What if King is a universal version of a new custom coming? Campfire doesn’t have a hybrid custom IEM.

Just thinking outside the box

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #205 of 523
I said earlier that I don’t plan on buying but if “King” is a new flagship.. well I might be weak in my will.

What if King is a universal version of a new custom coming? Campfire doesn’t have a hybrid custom IEM.

Just thinking outside the box
Well CA already stated “products will be reimagined favorites, new configurations, or highly coveted special editions”…

I would love to see a new flagship from them, yet based on their announcement I just don’t see it happening (but then again the Onyx is kind of a new breed…)

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #206 of 523
Well CA already stated “products will be reimagined favorites, new configurations, or highly coveted special editions”…

I would love to see a new flagship from them, yet based on their announcement I just don’t see it happening (but then again the Onyx is kind of a new breed…)
I’m bending the “new configurations” wording pretty hard hahah

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #208 of 523
Campfire releases are usually around the same time each year:

April
Sometimes June
Late October/early Nov

Multiverse implies reworked older editions and releases as per the CA site:

‘Products will be reimagined favorites, new configurations, or highly coveted special editions.’

I would like to see a new release but am guessing that would be sometime
in 2022…

Good on CA for being creative with their business.
Times are tough all over including probably the audio industry as a whole as we approach the start of year three of the global pandemic…life certainly has been disrupted… shipping lines, supply lines etc being mess up. Travel restricted, no shows, contact between designers/manufacturers/suppliers etc difficult.

My guess is still the MW10 - but thats a long stretch. Catscades as a close second lol

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #209 of 523
The mini Solaris OG is the one most tempting to me of all of them so far not factoring in cost. My money is on tomorrow's NOT being an Andromeda...and perhaps even being the unveiling of a new flagship. I see the 2020 Solaris is "sold out" on their website.
Definitely with you there. The shrink ray Solaris is the one that stole my heart out of the bunch. I know people are mad it’s not “different” enough, but that original look in the smaller size is a winning combo.

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #210 of 523
I know there are only two releases left, but in case helpful to others...I was told by CA that they had issues with their email servers over the weekend, and perhaps that's why folks were getting the pre-announcements at different times. They told me the emails are scheduled to go out at 10pm ET the day before the "official" release.

Also, I sprung for the Andro Gold Ti's...here's hoping third time's a charm. I was taken by the aesthetics and the fact that the used their new BAs. :)

And, as many of you, I'm anxiously awaiting Thurs' announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back