Campfire Audio Multiverse
Dec 31, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #511 of 523
Wow! Shipping was fast to Hong Kong! Preliminary sound check: The cables that came with these are a bit too bright for me. After putting Fiio LC-RD Pro pure silver cables on them, sound is pure dope!!!!!! And that's only testing with audio out from my ROG Flow X16 at 48/16 on spotify (audio not bad by recent laptop standards......)

Going to test them with my Luxury Precision W2 and some flac at 96/24 now.......

Congrats on this teriffic IEM! I was searching for a new Solaris 2020 which was totally sold out in my search. Then much to my surprise, I happily found the Solaris Mercury available and my new favorite dealer sold them to me for the price of the Solaris 2020. These are remarkable sounding IEMs. My experience with IEMs was limited to sub $1K , but I put my bass-bloated Shure 846 on ice and have not been using besides wireless and my Over Ear Focal cans for the past couple of years.
I bought a Moondrop Blessing 2 to check out the newer hybrid technology and enjoyed them but I differed to my Utopia and Stella over ear headphones for any serious listening.
And today I have been listening to my new Solaris Mercury first with Mojo 2 and then iFi Go Bar for the last three hours with my iPad.
The imaging and soundstage are just remarkable. i highly recommend this IEM and out of the 78 piecies, I know thery are sill a couple available..Enjoy!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #512 of 523
Wow! Shipping was fast to Hong Kong! Preliminary sound check: The cables that came with these are a bit too bright for me. After putting Fiio LC-RD Pro pure silver cables on them, sound is pure dope!!!!!! And that's only testing with audio out from my ROG Flow X16 at 48/16 on spotify (audio not bad by recent laptop standards......)

Going to test them with my Luxury Precision W2 and some flac at 96/24 now.......

Package.jpgPackage Side.jpgBox.jpgContent.jpgSolaris Mercury.jpg
I bought the exact Solaris Mercury from that 78-piece lot. I love the sound, but the three cables are thin and uncomfortable around my ears after extended listening. The Solaris sounds spectacular. I can get that Fiio cable at Amazon to give it a test- would you recommend it? The marketing says, "skin friendly? Your real-world opinion of the LC-RD Pro cable at &160 US is appreciated.

Jan 3, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #513 of 523
I bought the exact Solaris Mercury from that 78-piece lot. I love the sound, but the three cables are thin and uncomfortable around my ears after extended listening. The Solaris sounds spectacular. I can get that Fiio cable at Amazon to give it a test- would you recommend it? The marketing says, "skin friendly? Your real-world opinion of the LC-RD Pro cable at &160 US is appreciated.
Yeah I got 2 of those cables...they are very nice and equilivient in size cable/IEM ratio.

Jan 3, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #514 of 523
Yeah I got 2 of those cables...they are very nice and equilivient in size cable/IEM ratio.
You are speaking of the LC-RD? Are they the cables you say are "very nice"?

Jan 3, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #515 of 523
Yes 👍 This set was included with the FH9, and I also got a duplicate just in case. 58C41DB6-9A71-456A-910E-BFBB4754B304.jpeg

Jan 3, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #516 of 523
Thanks very much- I just ordered them. What do you think of the FH9? The FH7 & FH9 were on my radar for a while. I wound up with Moondrop Blessing 2 as a reboot into IEMs just for while I'm getting ready to sleep to wind down. I was into IEMs for a while until wireless became prevalent. My high end were Shure 846 & Triplefi 10. Then I got into over ear and my hobby accelerated. I took a blind buy on the Solaris Mercury based on recommendations and YouTube. I am in awe of how good the Solaris Mercury sounds. I wonder if they changed the tuning at all. Anyway- thanks for getting back to me.

Jan 6, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #517 of 523
Yes 👍 This set was included with the FH9, and I also got a duplicate just in case.58C41DB6-9A71-456A-910E-BFBB4754B304.jpeg
Quick question- I just tried the new cables, and the ear loops are very stiff. Do they loosen/soften up, or is that just the way it is?

Thanks for your time.

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #519 of 523
Hello, has anyone who has Solaris Mercury that came with only 3.5mm cable?
That would be me- what would you like to know? I also bought the Super Smokey Litz cable (a comfortable small upgrade).

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #520 of 523
That would be me- what would you like to know? I also bought the Super Smokey Litz cable (a comfortable small upgrade).
I asked because there is one store Selling such package new, I checked with CFA, the Mercury is released with 3 cables.
then, I see the store has corrected it with 3 cables, but I already bought sa6m2 instead.

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #522 of 523
I asked because there is one store Selling such package new, I checked with CFA, the Mercury is released with 3 cables.
then, I see the store has corrected it with 3 cables, but I already bought sa6m2 instead.
Now that you mention it they did come with three very thing uncomfortable "cheapo" cables. I immediately looked for upgrades and checked Bloom and Amazon. The Litz seems good enough sonically and they are comfortable.

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #523 of 523
Now that you mention it they did come with three very thing uncomfortable "cheapo" cables. I immediately looked for upgrades and checked Bloom and Amazon. The Litz seems good enough sonically and they are comfortable.
you mention two of the key criteria for a cable: sonically good + comfort! They also do not break the bank!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back