Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Feb 25, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #9,783 of 9,829
Mar 30, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #9,784 of 9,829
The 100 step hardware volume buttons and 3 gain levels on Ibasso DC03 Pro is a godsend when you have supersensitive IEMs. Finally have lots of range in volume adjustment on Andromedas. The trick was to have the IEMs plugged in to the Ibasso before connecting it to the Android phone to get full dynamic output, otherwise phone vs dongle volume seemed to get confused and sound was lacking to my ears. Ibasso UAC app was installed. Output impedance <0.12 means the frequency response hopefully isn't affected. My Campfire Andromeda 2019 are 112,8dB/12,8ohm.

Ibasso_DC03Pro_Campfire_Andromeda.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #9,785 of 9,829
Hey all! When I tap my right side of the 2020 Andromeda, when I have a seal, I can hear a reverberation, a slight metalic ring/echo, like a spring. I noticed because I always do a little tap to make sure I have a seal. On the left side, it doesn't have that reverberation. When I insert the right side upside down in my left ear and get a seal, there is a reverberation as well, so it's not my ear or the seal. My gut impulse is that I've got a driver loose inside the housing. Has anyone else had this happen?

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #9,786 of 9,829
Try to reseat the MMCX cables on the right channel and test. If you hear the ringing again, it's most likely a loose driver in the chamber

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #9,788 of 9,829
Hey all! When I tap my right side of the 2020 Andromeda, when I have a seal, I can hear a reverberation, a slight metalic ring/echo, like a spring. I noticed because I always do a little tap to make sure I have a seal. On the left side, it doesn't have that reverberation. When I insert the right side upside down in my left ear and get a seal, there is a reverberation as well, so it's not my ear or the seal. My gut impulse is that I've got a driver loose inside the housing. Has anyone else had this happen?
Try to reseat the MMCX cables on the right channel and test. If you hear the ringing again, it's most likely a loose driver in the chamber
Thanks for the idea! I thought you were right at first, but even with no cable connected and it inserted into my ear, I can hear the reverb/echo.

I haven't heard of an issue like this before. That's very interesting - especially in a Campfire product that is normally very well built.

May 22, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #9,789 of 9,829
I haven't heard of an issue like this before. That's very interesting - especially in a Campfire product that is normally very well built.
Campfire is a truly outstanding company. The issue remained unknown, but not only did they replaced it for free, but they sent back a pair with (they stated) a greater matched tunning than stock. 👍

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #9,790 of 9,829
Does anyone got a Noble Katana and how does it compare to the OG Andro? Got an offer for a trade, am curious.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #9,794 of 9,829
Hello all,

I’m happy to report that I finally purchased the Campfire Andromeda (2019) after years of pondering, and got them for a good price from Campfire Market. I first listened to the Andromeda (and other other Campfire IEMs) at the NYC Canjam a few years ago. The Andromeda will replace by Shure SE535 that I brought when they were newly released ~2010, and happy to upgrade to Andromeda. Upon my initial reaction upon listening- really nice, and a reminder why I loved them at Canjam. The Andromeda will compliment my Focal Clears (OG) well.

Next up- seeking out custom ear tips, although the ones that come with the Andromeda are pretty tight :)

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #9,795 of 9,829
Hello all,

I’m happy to report that I finally purchased the Campfire Andromeda (2019) after years of pondering, and got them for a good price from Campfire Market. I first listened to the Andromeda (and other other Campfire IEMs) at the NYC Canjam a few years ago. The Andromeda will replace by Shure SE535 that I brought when they were newly released ~2010, and happy to upgrade to Andromeda. Upon my initial reaction upon listening- really nice, and a reminder why I loved them at Canjam. The Andromeda will compliment my Focal Clears (OG) well.

Next up- seeking out custom ear tips, although the ones that come with the Andromeda are pretty tight :)
Congrats! I just made the same purchase on CFA's Market website. JVC Spiral Dot silicone tips have worked great for me. If you are an iPhone user, I found that the Maktar Spectra X2 Lightning DAC is an exceptional pairing, they are available on Amazon for about $170.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back