Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 7, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #9,751 of 9,829
IMG00417_HDR.jpg

IMG00418_HDR.jpg

Just asking, does anyone know what model of Spinfit are these? I lost one side years ago and I think I need them on the Andromeda now.

It was the most comfortable eartips I've ever owned just the hole are too big for most IEM thus why I lost it in the first place.

When I plug it on one side with normal spinfit/ spiral dot on the other the one with this tips sound so much clearer.

Oct 7, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #9,753 of 9,829
Yep, so far the best I've heard it is with Tazzy's 4.4 Bal, clean, clear with enough bass Qty, punch is good, etc. Not as deep and punchy as KSE but good enough. It also sounds more airy than the Shure, that thing always sounds decidedly closed.
Hmm let's see whether 3.5mm with the WM1A is a good combo.

So far the hardest thing to get used to is the comfort, that stem is so short my ear always mesh with the metal protrusion (the one with L/R indicises) any recommendation for long stemmed eartips that may alleviate this pain while not sacrificing stock sound tuning?
This thing is more uncomfortable than my Z1R 😂
I might have to break my ear in first...
Hmm I just use the Symbio Peel tips but they may not be the right solution if you need to extend the stem. SpinFit might be your best bet.
IMG00417_HDR.jpg
IMG00418_HDR.jpg
Just asking, does anyone know what model of Spinfit are these? I lost one side years ago and I think I need them on the Andromeda now.

It was the most comfortable eartips I've ever owned just the hole are too big for most IEM thus why I lost it in the first place.

When I plug it on one side with normal spinfit/ spiral dot on the other the one with this tips sound so much clearer.
They are medium CP155

2DEB2748-5DFB-4802-8F62-D42A8BE0F27F.jpeg

Oct 7, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #9,754 of 9,829
Many thanks!

Oct 8, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #9,755 of 9,829
The heightened mid bass presence with 4.4 Bal is at least pretty good for outdoor use huh.
Isolation is also better than I expected, I guess it should be with its thickness and metal built, It's a tad better than Z1R I think, while being lighter also (zirconium is Heavy 😂 )
Those reasons and how sensitive it is make it an ideal out and about iem, just need to be careful with the vol slider, as it need way less juice than any of my other IEMs.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #9,756 of 9,829
Finding the right source for the Andromeda can be difficult.

Yup, they're very sensitive so won't work with everything out there. On the upside, our iEMatch broadens the range of DAPs and DAC/amps that will do the justice to these IEM :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 9, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #9,757 of 9,829
This is just a conjecture of mine for now, but here asking, have any of you that have V1 Andro (the one with 3 circular holes on the stem) have bad enough condensation that moisture got inside the nozzle and make one side of the iem more muffled?
Cuz it's the third time I have this inbalance issue, first I thought there might be something wrong as it happened the first 2 times on the R side only but just now, it happened again, on the L side. When I pull off the tips, moisture are gathering around the holes again, and the sequence are similar to the first time It happened, I happen to put down the iem after hours (~3hours plus, checking on the Playlist I'm at when the second time happened) of listening session, then putting them in my ear again, one side is greatly imbalanced, esp the vocal are just muffled.
First and second time were fine after I left the iem for the whole night, let's see whether it goes back again.
Can anyone probably help me think of a reason for this?
To note: changing cable, eartips or source does nothing, thus I can only think of the iem itself.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #9,758 of 9,829
This is just a conjecture of mine for now, but here asking, have any of you that have V1 Andro (the one with 3 circular holes on the stem) have bad enough condensation that moisture got inside the nozzle and make one side of the iem more muffled?
Cuz it's the third time I have this inbalance issue, first I thought there might be something wrong as it happened the first 2 times on the R side only but just now, it happened again, on the L side. When I pull off the tips, moisture are gathering around the holes again, and the sequence are similar to the first time It happened, I happen to put down the iem after hours of listening session, then putting it in my ear again, one side is greatly imbalanced, esp the vocal are just muffled.
First and second time were fine after I left the iem for the whole night, let's see whether it goes back again.
Can anyone probably help me think of a reason for this?
To note: changing cable, eartips or source does nothing, thus I can only think of the iem itself.
It could well be moisture, especially if you live in a tropical or humid climate. It'd be worth buying some desiccant packs to put inside a case with your Andros. I store mine in a reasonably well sealed (i.e. airtight-ish) pelican case with little sachets of silica gel.

Oct 9, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #9,759 of 9,829
Morning after here: the iem is back to normal again...
Im really confused... Is it really moisture getting into the nozzle? if it's so, ain't that more dangerous to the iem itself in the Future? I keep the iem on a sealed pelican case with the thick foam basically keeping the iem in place and not jostling around inside, I prob should put silica on more of them. But I use them quite often.

I got a dehumidifier and put them on the shelf where I keep my cans for right now, might have to buy temp controlled dry box in the future.
Had 2 planar broken because of mold before.

But, for now, anyone else got any other idea what might be causing the occasional inbalance issue I have right now?
To note, I do use silicon cover for the body of the Andromeda itself, that's why it got such a flawless body despite its age,
will the condensation be alleviated somewhat if I pull it out of the silicon and expose the metal directly to my skin? The difference of temp are what causes condensation right? Or am I just thinking random unrelated things? 😂

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #9,760 of 9,829
Morning after here: the iem is back to normal again...
Im really confused... Is it really moisture getting into the nozzle? if it's so, ain't that more dangerous to the iem itself in the Future? I keep the iem on a sealed pelican case with the thick foam basically keeping the iem in place and not jostling around inside, I prob should put silica on more of them. But I use them quite often.

I got a dehumidifier and put them on the shelf where I keep my cans for right now, might have to buy temp controlled dry box in the future.
Had 2 planar broken because of mold before.

But, for now, anyone else got any other idea what might be causing the occasional inbalance issue I have right now?
To note, I do use silicon cover for the body of the Andromeda itself, that's why it got such a flawless body despite its age,
will the condensation be alleviated somewhat if I pull it out of the silicon and expose the metal directly to my skin? The difference of temp are what causes condensation right? Or am I just thinking random unrelated things?😂

I might be wrong, but IIRC condensation usually forms when you take a cool object and introduce it into a warmer. humid environment- for instance the nighttime-daytime shift, or going from an cool interior to outdoors in a warm humid area? To prevent condensation the object needs to be warmer than the dew point of the environment?

So you might be onto something with removing the silicone cover, at least if your body heat is enough to keep the IEM warm. Alternately, maybe pre-warming would help? If you keep it stored in a cooler area and then put them immediately in your ears, the air in/around your ear is warmer than the IEM so the condensation could start to form.

If the environment is cool enough to keep the metal body cold even while wearing it, that might not be enough- having lived in some cooler environments I think i've experienced this while out on walks or bicycling (wearing a toque/beanie over the ears might help).

Storing with dessicant is probably a good idea to help get rid of residual moisture and reduce it's formation in storage. Along with moisture blocking or changing the diameter of the sound bore causing volume imbalance- IDK if Andro uses them, but it can also clog the acoustic filters many BAs are paired with, to similar effect (also moisture in detachable cable connections can lead to volume imbalances).

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #9,761 of 9,829
I'm struggling to like the Andromeda right now, I feel that it's not that much better than my Radius TWF41 while not being as versatile as I expected.
Maybe it's because my perception of a good "balanced iem with great bass, layering, imaging and detail" got skewed after having the KSE for a week, but my ears is getting tired. maybe I'm not used to listen to BA Timbre for quite so long? It's dynamic range are meh, it isn't as wide as I expected, IM04 have better depth, TWF41 have better width, both have preferable mids representation for me also. I feel the Andro is on their level, a side grade instead of an upgrade, despite being double the price.
It does got them beat in detail handily but still, the KSE does so much more.

I want something unique to accompany the Z1R but I feel like the Ocharaku Flat4 I bought last week fit that bill better with how natural that thing sound.
Really the thing that annoy me the most about this iem is just how freaking sensitive it is, not sounding it's best from the device I listen to 80% of the time is a minus for me. Been swapping eartips to find the best ones (Spring Tips, Final E-type, a couple Spinfit, Spiral Dot, Sony Hybrid, etc), and haven't found it yet, each one's have their merits, can't try some of them due to how big the stem are, I do think the CP155 would be best one for me...
If I got a pair of it 😂

In the end I feel like im just chasing that KSE1200's shaped cloud. Maybe it's time to look outside local market and finally try Head Fi classifieds for the first time...
I better sleep off this indecision for now.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #9,762 of 9,829
I'm struggling to like the Andromeda right now, I feel that it's not that much better than my Radius TWF41 while not being as versatile as I expected.
Maybe it's because my perception of a good "balanced iem with great bass, layering, imaging and detail" got skewed after having the KSE for a week, but my ears is getting tired. maybe I'm not used to listen to BA Timbre for quite so long? It's dynamic range are meh, it isn't as wide as I expected, IM04 have better depth, TWF41 have better width, both have preferable mids representation for me also. I feel the Andro is on their level, a side grade instead of an upgrade, despite being double the price.
It does got them beat in detail handily but still, the KSE does so much more.

I want something unique to accompany the Z1R but I feel like the Ocharaku Flat4 I bought last week fit that bill better with how natural that thing sound.
Really the thing that annoy me the most about this iem is just how freaking sensitive it is, not sounding it's best from the device I listen to 80% of the time is a minus for me. Been swapping eartips to find the best ones (Spring Tips, Final E-type, a couple Spinfit, Spiral Dot, Sony Hybrid, etc), and haven't found it yet, each one's have their merits, can't try some of them due to how big the stem are, I do think the CP155 would be best one for me...
If I got a pair of it 😂

In the end I feel like im just chasing that KSE1200's shaped cloud. Maybe it's time to look outside local market and finally try Head Fi classifieds for the first time...
I better sleep off this indecision for now.

That's the main issue with the Andromeda. It's picky and sensitive with everything. I find it to be a really good pairing with SP3000 on stock cable while I need to have an aftermarket cable to make it perfectly sounding balanced with SP2000. On bad combo, Andromeda becomes flat sounding with flat imaging and 2D soundstage but with the right combo, it provides out of the head 3D staging with plenty of dynamics and subterranean subbass.

IMHO, in your case, it's much better to just get a complete system such as the KSE1200 so you don't have to worry about finding the right source, cables and amp for Andromeda

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #9,763 of 9,829
Been swapping eartips to find the best ones (Spring Tips, Final E-type, a couple Spinfit, Spiral Dot, Sony Hybrid, etc), and haven't found it yet, each one's have their merits, can't try some of them due to how big the stem are, I do think the CP155 would be best one for me...
Have you tried Azla Sedna EarFits? Those work best for me, I think the wide bore lets Andro's upper mids and treble shine at their best. Only issue is they can start to get uncomfortable in my left ear after 90-120 minutes, but not a deal breaker.
That's the main issue with the Andromeda. It's picky and sensitive with everything. I find it to be a really good pairing with SP3000 on stock cable while I need to have an aftermarket cable to make it perfectly sounding balanced with SP2000. On bad combo, Andromeda becomes flat sounding with flat imaging and 2D soundstage but with the right combo, it provides out of the head 3D staging with plenty of dynamics and subterranean subbass.

IMHO, in your case, it's much better to just get a complete system such as the KSE1200 so you don't have to worry about finding the right source, cables and amp for Andromeda
R2R DAC and/or low-impedance tube amp pair best with Andro to smooth out some of the "BA-ness". The Bf2/Vali2+ is outstanding, and I think I mentioned the RS6 previously. The synergy I get with both of those has me keeping the Andro around for the long term as it's about the most engaging listen I can get out of all the gear I've currently got on hand.

Oct 10, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #9,764 of 9,829
R2R DAC and/or low-impedance tube amp pair best with Andro to smooth out some of the "BA-ness". The Bf2/Vali2+ is outstanding, and I think I mentioned the RS6 previously. The synergy I get with both of those has me keeping the Andro around for the long term as it's about the most engaging listen I can get out of all the gear I've currently got on hand.

Andromeda is not buzzing when not playing music with this combo? I hear no BA timbre with the SP2000 with my current cable (gold plated silver/gold plated silver gold alloy hybrid + silver) without going analytical on the signature. I can use a gold plated copper cable to truly tame Andromeda's BA timbre but this comes at a cost of sheer resolution, soundstage and speed.

Oct 10, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #9,765 of 9,829
Andromeda is not buzzing when not playing music with this combo? I hear no BA timbre with the SP2000 with my current cable (gold plated silver/gold plated silver gold alloy hybrid + silver) without going analytical on the signature. I can use a gold plated copper cable to truly tame Andromeda's BA timbre but this comes at a cost of sheer resolution, soundstage and speed.
You mean with the tube amp? No hiss or buzzing, in low gain of course. If I switch to high-gain, well then yeah it does hiss a little, but it would also blow out my eardrums much past 9 o'clock.

It does depend on the tube whether the Andro picks up microphonics, but even then, that is only when touching the amp. Hands-off it's no issue at all.

The only times I've heard much hiss is using the Andro with the Jot2 , not unexpectedly. And once on a plane with the in-fight entertainment system, but the U6t is much better for that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back